Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 443935 times)

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2019, 05:18:31 pm »
I'd like to think there were a lot of people who voted for Trump on the thought "we need an outsider in there"
"we need to shake things up to get things changed in govenment" ...are now thinking 'jez, this is far worse than I expected' and not vote for trump again.

but the odds makers are already favoring trump...and I don't know if my psyche can take 6 more years of this

Why President Trump Will Likely Be Reelected, And What It Means For Global Security

...polls showing weak approval of the president’s performance have lulled Democrats into thinking his defeat is nearly inevitable in 2020. But Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan were both unpopular during their first terms, and then went on to score landslide victories against opponents who made the incumbent look good.

people have gotten used to Trump. He doesn’t seem as outrageous as he once did. His critics will fret that this amounts to “normalizing deviance,” but what it really shows is that two years in the nation’s top job have taken the edge off of Trump’s confrontational personality. He no longer sounds like the strident outsider he was on inauguration day.
slack

hutch

« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2019, 05:34:19 pm »
Well this dude works for a Republican think tank but yeah the incumbent in a good economy has an edge usually

Trump is not usually

« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2019, 05:36:05 pm »
Well this dude works for a Republican think tank
not going to argue that...but I do think he makes some pretty good points that made me throw up in my mouth and have an aneurysm
slack

hutch

« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2019, 05:43:15 pm »
That’s true

« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2019, 05:59:56 pm »
this gallup poll was not comforting etiher...

https://news.gallup.com/poll/247016/conservatives-greatly-outnumber-liberals-states.aspx

I think I need to Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the MAGA
slack

hutch

« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2019, 06:09:02 pm »
The harder we accept things are going to be to unseat Trump -the less delusional we are - the more the appeal of Joe Biden...

On the other hand this would seem to run counter to the motivate your base argument

It’s all about balance!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:10:55 pm by hutch »

Space Freely

« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2019, 06:42:54 pm »
The harder we accept things are going to be to unseat Trump -the less delusional we are - the more the appeal of Joe Biden...

On the other hand this would seem to run counter to the motivate your base argument

It’s all about balance!

Biden/Harris?

Biden is so old i can't imagine him being more than a one-termer...

hutch

« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2019, 06:48:45 pm »
Ticket speculation is not serious...let them run the campaign and then we talk

Also when was the last time anyone successfully handed off the presidency to their VP after one term?

It just doesn’t work like that in the real world

gavroche

« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2019, 10:16:38 pm »
Well this dude works for a Republican think tank
not going to argue that...but I do think he makes some pretty good points that made me throw up in my mouth and have an aneurysm

We also have no idea what two years of investigation will do to Trump.  It absolutely hammered Clinton and she didn't even have real skeletons. 

hutch

« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2019, 10:20:19 pm »
I think we know it will do nothing

Be realistic....wishful thinking isn’t going to defeat him

If I had a nickel for every person that told me he would be impeached or resign cause he didn’t enjoy being president...

His popularity has held steady through 5643 scandals

gavroche

« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2019, 10:32:06 pm »
I think we know it will do nothing

Be realistic....wishful thinking isn’t going to defeat him

If I had a nickel for every person that told me he would be impeached or resign cause he didn’t enjoy being president...

His popularity has held steady through 5643 scandals

It's not about him being impeached, resigning, just his popularity being suppressed.    With the House the Dems can set the narrative rather than just react to Trump's tweets all the time. I think it will have an impact.

Hillary had high approval numbers and Benghazi definitely stuck to her after a while, even if it was subconscious. 

hutch

« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2019, 10:36:17 pm »
But Trump’s approval is always the same give a few points here or there no matter what happens....that’s my point

We have had dozens of things happen that are insane and it doesn’t move the needle

Do you think the Kushner security clearance will have any impact? Of course not...it’s all baked in...everyone knows he is a slime bag lying piece of shit but nobody cares...his supporters like him

gavroche

« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2019, 10:49:12 pm »
But Trump’s approval is always the same give a few points here or there no matter what happens....that’s my point

We have had dozens of things happen that are insane and it doesn’t move the needle

Do you think the Kushner security clearance will have any impact? Of course not...it’s all baked in...everyone knows he is a slime bag lying piece of shit but nobody cares...his supporters like him

There is a set of people that are always going to like him.  You are just hoping to knock off two or three percent overall. 

There's never been focused attention on any one scandal.  We just spin from one to the other because he controls the narrative and he thrives on chaos.  Dems get to try to put some order to the narrative.  Might do nothing to him, but I think it might.

And while I actually think nepotism could be damaging to him, it isn't going to be something like Kushner's security clearance.  It is more likely to be shady connections to the Saudi's, or the Russians, that get fleshed out.   

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2019, 12:04:16 am »
did Bloomberg get things done?  did he manage a city that is so damn hard to tangle down in a single sentence?  did the man have the respect?  can Bloomberg be our next president?

the, end.

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2019, 11:10:52 pm »
I had a dream of beato putting a half-pipe in the rose garden

and Hickenlooper might put one of these in the lincoln bedroom

and Bill Weld is going to try to take trump out in the primaries...bold, but up hill with 80% approval by republicans
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:13:07 pm by Defamatory Gist ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack