Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 458148 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #525 on: May 10, 2019, 04:13:04 pm »
TAN: usually i have my lawyer take care of these things, but i believe he's out today so: please don't call it "The Ukraine".  it's just "Ukraine".

Off to The Siberia for Sidehatch....

my lawyer has spoken.  i have no further comment at this time.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #526 on: May 10, 2019, 05:37:23 pm »
i have no further comment at this time.

He'll be joining whomever put this carpet RIGHT HERE!

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/1126953461160001537

@SomeonesAnIdiot

You’d think Vladimir Putin would be prepared for a carpet when it’s his favorite color
27>34

« Reply #527 on: May 11, 2019, 08:28:41 pm »
I sure hope I can pull that off that kind of wipe out and recovery when I'm 66
slack

« Reply #528 on: May 13, 2019, 09:03:55 am »
Folks if you think anyone can defeat Trump with this economy you are living in fantasy land. Imagine five more quarters of 3% growth and millions more jobs created....

I don't know if this great economy and jobs are going to last with this trade war stuff
China will impose retaliatory tariffs on $60 billion in U.S. goods

My stock advice SELL
this trade war is going to fuck with our economy and really hurt the lower/middle classes...which is the Trump base
slack

nkotb

« Reply #529 on: May 13, 2019, 09:12:49 am »
I was offline most of the weekend...what did I miss here?

I sure hope I can pull that off that kind of wipe out and recovery when I'm 66

« Reply #530 on: May 13, 2019, 09:16:32 am »
slack

« Reply #531 on: May 13, 2019, 09:48:31 am »
  DEMOCRATS>>>FOCUS ON GETTING THE MESSAGE OUT>>>these voters want what you are proposing...just not from you?!
from Axios...
Some of President Trump's supporters in Sioux City, Iowa love liberal populist proposals. They just don't love the 2020 Democrats as the messengers.
A focus group of swing voters — all of whom voted for Trump in 2016 — strongly supported a student loan debt plan that would cancel up to $50,000 in student debt for people whose families make less than $100,000 per year.
They also want to tax American corporations, specifically big banks, to pay for Trump's infrastructure plans.
All but one said they would re-elect Trump if it were him versus Hillary Clinton again.

suggests that Warren's own policies are more popular with these voters than she is, given that the voters were skeptical of the entire Democratic field.
Taxing big banks was the most popular idea to pay for infrastructure, beating out an increase in the federal gas tax or borrowing money from other countries.
They're not excited about any of the 2020 Democrats running for president, and they only really recognized Warren, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.

The economy was the issue that came up the most ... no one said they've seen an increase in their own wages or financial situation.

as I said, the numbers in the news makes it sound like everyone is livin' the high life now that trump fixed the economy...but most low/middle class Americans are not reaping the benefits of this great economy (but the billionaires and corps certainly are)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #533 on: May 13, 2019, 10:13:13 am »
  DEMOCRATS>>>FOCUS ON GETTING THE MESSAGE OUT>>>these voters want what you are proposing...just not from you?!
from Axios...
Some of President Trump's supporters in Sioux City, Iowa love liberal populist proposals. They just don't love the 2020 Democrats as the messengers.
A focus group of swing voters — all of whom voted for Trump in 2016 — strongly supported a student loan debt plan that would cancel up to $50,000 in student debt for people whose families make less than $100,000 per year.
They also want to tax American corporations, specifically big banks, to pay for Trump's infrastructure plans.
All but one said they would re-elect Trump if it were him versus Hillary Clinton again.

suggests that Warren's own policies are more popular with these voters than she is, given that the voters were skeptical of the entire Democratic field.
Taxing big banks was the most popular idea to pay for infrastructure, beating out an increase in the federal gas tax or borrowing money from other countries.
They're not excited about any of the 2020 Democrats running for president, and they only really recognized Warren, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.

The economy was the issue that came up the most ... no one said they've seen an increase in their own wages or financial situation.

as I said, the numbers in the news makes it sound like everyone is livin' the high life now that trump fixed the economy...but most low/middle class Americans are not reaping the benefits of this great economy (but the billionaires and corps certainly are)

These deplorables are living under a rock and get what they deserve.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #534 on: May 13, 2019, 10:23:31 am »
Unfortunately, we get what they deserve too.

« Reply #535 on: May 13, 2019, 10:25:53 am »
tru dat! {deleted}
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #536 on: May 13, 2019, 10:39:40 am »

As a middle class, middle aged white guy who doesn't really stand to benefit from liberal populist proposals, I'll probably be fine either way.

nkotb

« Reply #537 on: May 13, 2019, 10:48:45 am »
Elizabeth Warren town hall at GMU this Thursday if anyone's interested: https://my.elizabethwarren.com/page/s/join-elizabeth-in-northern-virginia-

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #538 on: May 13, 2019, 12:12:01 pm »

suggests that Warren's own policies are more popular with these voters than she is,

so they're saying they're not ready for a female president?
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #539 on: May 14, 2019, 09:58:24 am »

suggests that Warren's own policies are more popular with these voters than she is,

so they're saying they're not ready for a female president?

Let's face it. There have been three tickets with women on them and they all lost. I think Nikki Haley has a better chance of being the first female president than any Democrat women.

I like this guy. But of course people at this point can't see beyond Bernie and Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/politics/steve-bullock-president-2020/index.html