Author Topic: The 2020 thread....  (Read 443934 times)

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

Re: The 2020 thread....
« Reply #345 on: April 08, 2019, 04:53:50 pm »
look at how he holds his massive weapon . . . so, fucking, hot.

« Reply #346 on: April 09, 2019, 01:26:23 pm »
bloomberg was out....but missed this last week

Michael Bloomberg might still run for president in 2020, especially if former Vice President Joe Biden winds up not getting in, according to people who have discussed the matter with the former New York mayor.
slack

« Reply #347 on: April 09, 2019, 02:12:06 pm »
this was interesting to hear on one of my favorite topics....felons in Florida

a surprising statistic about a group of people who he said leans right: felons in Florida.

"In Florida they passed a law where former felons can now vote. We've had more ex-felons register as Republicans than Democrats," Kushner told Laura Ingraham on Fox News April 1.

Ingraham interjected: "Wait, whoa, whoa. You've had more felons, ex-felons register as Republicans than Democrats?"

Kushner replied: "That's the data that I've seen. I think that will surprise a lot of people when they see the new coalition that President Trump is building for what the Republican Party has the potential to be."

let's be clear...Politifact states We found no statewide data to support Kushner’s conclusion that more ex-felons have registered as Republicans since a new law took effect. At this point in time, his comment isn’t more than wishful thinking.

Team Trump...you stay away from my felons!

slack

« Reply #348 on: April 09, 2019, 02:42:20 pm »
I really like the 2020 list of candidates....but we have yet to hear something that will connect with the casual trump supporter

The Atlantic had an idea I've supported all my life (well only after I was 21 ;) )

We must champion a spirit of unity and purpose that counteracts his self-serving schemes to pit one community against the next.

We can begin by issuing a simple but powerful call:  a policy that requires all 18-year-olds to give at least six months of their life to national service. People from different walks of life, with different backgrounds, would serve with one another as a rite of passage. Once someone graduates high school or reaches college age, they would join the military, the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, or some other service-oriented organization.

between this and National Popular Vote (with ranked choice) I think these are simple, but unifying ideas
So many good reasons for this...job training for our youth and the cross-pollination that will happen when these youth leave their hometown and see how the rest of the country lives/acts

I honestly think it could have a very transformative effect on the united states
I don't think we as Dems should run away from some of the base platforms....but all of them are wedge issues and will only scare away the independent voter
slack

« Reply #349 on: April 11, 2019, 10:23:54 am »
@NateSilver538

FWIW, my current thinking on the tiers in the Democratic primary, in terms of likelihood of winning the nomination. This is very rough, obviously:

Tier 1a: Harris, Biden
Tier 1b: Bernie, Beto, Buttigieg, Warren
Tier 2: Booker, Klobuchar

I don't have particularly strong feelings about the order of the candidates after that, but I suppose I'd go:

Tier 3a: Castro, Gillibrand, Inslee
Tier 3b: Yang, Hickenlooper, Ryan
Tier 4: Everyone else

Abrams would be at least Tier 2 if she ran.

Beto star seems to be fading as Buttigieg rainbow flag seems to be getting brighter
slack

hutch

« Reply #350 on: April 11, 2019, 10:52:07 am »
For me -as I said the day after the 2016 election -the heavyweights are Biden and Bernie and it will be a battle to the death which will take us all with them

But I have noticed a lot of people who liked Bernie in 2016 are not as enthusiastic about his current run and Biden is also running into a lot of resistance so who knows?

I think the first debate or two could play a big role

Kamala Harris is a serious candidate

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #351 on: April 11, 2019, 11:20:22 am »
Biden and Bernie are going to cancel each other out as are Beto and Buttgieg. Harris and Booker will split the African-American vote and Warren and Klobuchar will split the #CancelMen vote. What are we left with? Julian For The Future.
LVMH

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #352 on: April 11, 2019, 07:18:24 pm »
Going to meet Beto on Tuesday. What album is funniest if I ask him to autograph?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #353 on: April 11, 2019, 07:36:16 pm »
Well as far as I know his band Foss put out one tape and two 45s and both are long unavailable and impossible to find so not sure what you speak of...

Space Freely

« Reply #354 on: April 11, 2019, 08:14:09 pm »
Well as far as I know his band Foss put out one tape and two 45s and both are long unavailable and impossible to find so not sure what you speak of...

I always chuckle when i hear that band name for reasons i can't say.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #355 on: April 12, 2019, 01:03:46 am »
Going to meet Beto on Tuesday. What album is funniest if I ask him to autograph?

anything by Ted Nugent would be pretty epic.
<sig>

« Reply #356 on: April 12, 2019, 09:32:28 am »
more Republicans with spines showing up!

Opposition by 4 Senate Republicans may sink Herman Cain’s chance to win seat on Fed
Sens. Mitt Romney of Utah, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Cory Gardner of Colorado and Kevin Cramer of North Dakota all said they would oppose Cain’s appointment to the Fed. Republicans control 53 seats of the 100 chamber Senate, and losing the support of four members means Cain would need help from Democrats, which appears unlikely.

Would have never found myself liking Mitt, but so far he's been holding strong and not kissing Trumps ass
slack

« Reply #357 on: April 12, 2019, 11:10:32 am »
not sure where Terry is going with this....

then followed up with

@TerryMcAuliffe
23h23 hours ago

If I could wrestle an 8 ft, 280 lb 🐊, I certainly would have no problem with you know who.
slack

nkotb

« Reply #358 on: April 12, 2019, 03:37:16 pm »
Sure, Beto claims to be a punk, but Spoon just shared a video of Buttigieg playing  "The Way We Get By" on piano

https://twitter.com/spoontheband/status/1116777247996665856

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #359 on: April 12, 2019, 03:44:43 pm »
Sure, Beto claims to be a punk, but Spoon just shared a video of Buttigieg playing  "The Way We Get By" on piano

https://twitter.com/spoontheband/status/1116777247996665856

Mayor Pete Buttigieg Impressed the Hell Out of Ben Folds During a Duet in 2015

Buttigieg Performed With the South Bend Symphony Orchestra in 2013 (scroll down past the ben folds story)

apparently he plays guitar too.  overall has more music cred than beto, IMO.
<sig>