Author Topic: The Mueller report thread  (Read 31854 times)

hutch

Re: The Mueller report thread
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2019, 09:21:31 am »
What a debacle

Republicans are eviscerating a way past his shelf life Mueller

nkotb

« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2019, 09:54:47 am »
Been in meetings, but I'll assume we got his ass?

« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2019, 10:02:27 am »
yeah caught the first 45 on the drive in
my favorite part is when he called him Trimp

not sure this is going to help at all

As Mueller stated...I can't talk about things that are ongoing (indictments/trials)...so pretty much all the juicy stuff

It is crazy times that you can have 2 people in prison from trumps campaign (on issues related to this) and people can look at that and say 'Trump is squeaky clean'  total 'witch hunt'
if your lawyer and campaign manager are in prison...not allegedly committed a crime...but, convicted of one...how can that not be a smocking gun?

but it's good to get some of this stuff on record
I think the democrats are shedding some light on certain parts, but it will all get lost in the 12 hours of talking

one gentlewoman from CA stated....We still haven't seen the unredacted report, so how can we say we've 'seen the report'
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:22:36 am by Exposing the vermouth ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2019, 12:35:07 pm »
Total waste of time...all it did was give Republicans a chance to trash him and define him as gaga

« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2019, 12:35:56 pm »
yep...
slack

vansmack

« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2019, 12:50:57 pm »
It's not as if Mueller didn't warn everyone about what was going to happen...
27>34

hutch

« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2019, 12:54:51 pm »
I must have missed Mueller saying don’t question me cause I am “kind of out of it”

The first 90 minutes were brutal. It’s not that he didn’t expand on the report...it’s that he seemed a bit senile...that was the damaging part

I guarantee anyone even sympathetic towards him watching the first 90 minutes felt sorry for him and turned it off...it was painful

It was like watching someone you heard was the man having a 90 minute senior moment

As usual democrats strategy backfired

K8teebug

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2019, 01:31:42 pm »
TIME TO JUST ITMFA.

This is NOT HELPING.

hutch

« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2019, 01:34:46 pm »
Impeachment?

That’s over thanks to Mueller

gavroche

« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2019, 01:48:51 pm »
Impeachment?

That’s over thanks to Pelosi

Fixed that for you

« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2019, 01:50:55 pm »
Impeachment?

I definitely don't think it's over re: impeachment

I think it's foolish to get it started and end up in the Senate to die on arrival...

So I think it's a better plan to have the Impeachment trial start in the summer of 2020, in the middle of the RNC and conclude at the end of October before the Senate gets it
slack

gavroche

« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2019, 03:38:05 pm »
Impeachment?

I definitely don't think it's over re: impeachment

I think it's foolish to get it started and end up in the Senate to die on arrival...

So I think it's a better plan to have the Impeachment trial start in the summer of 2020, in the middle of the RNC and conclude at the end of October before the Senate gets it

Depends on what you think you can achieve from impeachment.  Seems to me that there are two big downsides to waiting.  1) The closer you get to the election the more it seems like a political stunt 2) impeachment is a valuable tool for getting information, and so by postponing you are limiting your ability to use it.

I personally think a long, drawn out impeachment is best, just have a ton of impeachment hearings and don't rush the vote. 

« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2019, 04:09:08 pm »
Depends on what you think you can achieve from impeachment.
Well what I want and what can be achieved are two different things
but I know it's chances of success in the senate are about as likely as Michelle Pfeiffer trying to hook up with guests at one of Epstein's parties

So finishing the impeachment trial in the House should not happen any time before Nov 2020
slack

vansmack

« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2019, 04:28:08 pm »
So finishing the impeachment trial in the House should not happen any time before Nov 2020

Zero chance of that.  Too many Democrats currently in office need to be back home running for re-election to be spending time in DC from summer recess on.  Most constituents not on the coasts want to see that their representative cares about their local issues, not wasting time on a surely failed process that the voters will have decided long before it fails in the Senate.

I know the progressives hate this, but Pelosi is playing this right.  She waited until the Mueller report, which didn't contain enough damning evidence to put the Senate into a bind when it came their turn to decide.  Losing an impeachment case would embolden Trump, embolden his base even more, and generally be seen as bad for the country.  Look at the impact a failed impeachment move had on Newt in 1998 as evidence.

Best to keep pressing him on his unmet promises, develop a winning economic strategy for the rust belt and swing states, and focus on the best way to remove Trump from office, and that is victory on Nov 3, 2020.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2019, 04:31:12 pm »
The main problem democrats continue to have - and this has been the case since the Hillary is going to destroy Trump days- is a failure to understand reality

First we heard Trump would resign then the deep state would take him down then Stormy then the Southern District of NY then Cohen then Mueller Report then Mueller testimony then impeachment

It’s embarrassing as the only thing that will take him down is the ballot box

But people just can’t accept that...let’s blame Pelosi!!