> GENERAL DISCUSSION

Hey, hey, my, my (Classic Rock edition)

(1/6) > >>

grateful:
Will rock and roll live forever? Has it already died?

As I stepped out of the shower today, I wondered what would signal the end of rock and roll. The collapse of Woodstock 50? Vampire Weekend? Peter Cetera joining Chicago?

Then it occurred to me that we still have original members of the Beatles, the Stones, The Who, Pink Floyd, Zep and a ton of others from the inaugural class.  They're all in their 70s.  When the last of that group finally dies, is that the day we'll all look back on and nod, yep, rock and roll is dead?

What say you?

ye-ole-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl:
I think there have been many other generations of rock and roll....aren't there a few levels of the new guard
does rock n roll only exist in the late 50s and 60s?

look at the ovure of GWAR and how future genrations will listen and be influenced
and of course Superorganism, they already have planets named after them

grateful:
Mmm yeah no. I guess my question has an implicit bias towards innovators. The first ones to create something new. Yeah you can say that Chuck Berry and Elvis belong here, but you can't go too far back without getting into some proto-rock genre.

And isn't GWAR! derivative of Alice Cooper?

ye-ole-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl:

--- Quote from: excontradiction on August 12, 2019, 04:31:06 pm ---And isn't GWAR! derivative of Alice Cooper?

--- End quote ---
HOW DARE YOU....ban this bordie and put a pox on his house

jez...noob mistake and I didn't have the !

WALKonBack:
I just, came here, for the commas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version