Author Topic: Do we need a mass shooting thread?  (Read 1056 times)

Bagley

Re: Do we need a mass shooting thread?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 09:44:00 am »
Dig this (pun intended):

Old story (2015), perpetual problem

http://www.pocho.com/chilango-artist-melts-1527-guns-makes-shovels-to-plant-trees/

Heilung4eva

• Prepare to be surprised - Europe's favorite
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 08:02:53 pm »
Odessa looks bad.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 04:00:59 pm »
Odessa looks bad.

<silence>

we've all gone numb.
<sig>

Heilung4eva

• Prepare to be surprised - Europe's favorite

hutch

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 06:59:10 pm »
This made me sad...my iPhone broke Thursday on vacation so I was disconnected and when I saw news a few days later I did not realize it was a new shooting

All these deaths are on the conservatives on the Supreme Court...I donít know how they sleep at night

The right to bear arms in 1789 has been misapplied to the present day

MAGA 2020

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 07:29:10 pm »
This made me sad...my iPhone broke Thursday on vacation so I was disconnected and when I saw news a few days later I did not realize it was a new shooting

All these deaths are on the conservatives on the Supreme Court...I donít know how they sleep at night

Or maybe, just maybe, these deaths are on the people that commited the shootings. idk..

Yada

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 07:44:21 pm »

Or maybe, just maybe, these deaths are on the people that commited the shootings. idk..

Classic fuckin Tang

Space Freely

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2019, 07:56:08 pm »

I think both answers would be correct, Alex.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 07:56:53 pm »

yet somehow those people are always in the US... other countries don't seem to have this problem, nor do they have similar gun laws (or lack thereof)... idk...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2019, 09:04:09 pm »
Obviously the killers are responsible but saying we cannot do anything about it because of an outdated Amendment is tantamount to making it possible

Imagine if after 9-11 the Supremes had said additional security was unconstitutional because it went against the pursuit of liberty or if we knew seatbelts saved lives but the Supremes said since seatbelts didnít exist in 1789 so people couldnít be forced to wear them?

At some point - at this point- it is up to the Supremes to interpret the 2nd Amendment in a way that accords with the rest of our Constitution and modernity.. they need to balance the 2nd Amendment with our other rights...The right to bear any and all arms should not trump the right to have your kid go to school not fearing for his life...How can one pursue happiness if one is constantly being shot up?

Yes....the Supremes have blood on their hands...they take no action when it would be easy for them to circumscribe gun ďrightsĒ...Does anyone think this is what the founding fathers had in mind?!?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:06:03 pm by hutch »