Author Topic: RNR Hotel has no shows beyond November--PoP Ville  (Read 1779 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

RNR Hotel has no shows beyond November--PoP Ville
« on: September 06, 2019, 10:34:38 am »
Consider the source, but sounds like RNR Hotel is getting out of the rock business. Not surprising. They can probably make more money as solely a bar. Plus, the property is much more valuable now than it was in 2007.

https://www.popville.com/2019/09/curious-calendar-rock-and-roll-hotel-h-street-ne-washington-dc/

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: RNR Hotel has no shows beyond November--PoP Ville
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 10:52:47 am »
It's clearly turning into a hotel. Its been right there in the name all along.
LVMH

evilizac

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 11:21:58 am »
Wow! Just shared a show there a couple of weeks ago and it was great, plus it was my feeling that they were sort of the replacement venue, picking up the slack with Black Cat closing the Backstage, especially in the 18+ show market.
As a sometimes performer, I'm left wondering what venues are picking up the slack because all the newer venues I've seen open seem to be catering to a nice or upper tier performer and audience base.
I've also seen a few great shows at Rn'R and they do have a very good, if loud, sound system. I wonder where that will end up.
Any chance this is related to the same issue that the Pie Shop was having? Is DC just phasing out of the local and "non-prestige" music game?
WHAT?

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 11:30:57 am »
didn't love the place, but have seen my fare share of great shows there
won't places like Comet Ping Pong, The Pinch and slash run pick up those acts?
RNRH did have a good booking agent as they frequently got some decent acts
slack

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 12:22:34 pm »
Update from Rock and Roll Hotel: “December and January are notoriously slow. We have national acts confirmed that cannot yet be announced. Not sure where this rumor is coming from, but it is false and they are misinformed.

NYE 2020 goes on sale at Noon Today which was already scheduled. Our normal programming of rooftop open and 2nd floor DJs are all in place.”

Yada

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 12:26:26 pm »
I've never had an issue with this venue and will continue to support it... Even if it's once every few years.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 02:19:38 pm »
I've never had an issue with this venue and will continue to support it... Even if it's once every few years.

Same. Caught a show there earlier this year for the first time in god knows how long and had a great time. Agree that the sound can be a bit much but it's always fairly solid quality wise. Love the rooftop bar as well.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 02:31:29 pm »
I am long-standing in my statements that the wing of this board who cannot enjoy a concert unless it’s at a venue with a doofus-approved soundsystem is a bunch of hipster doofuses. RNR is fine.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 02:43:42 pm »
I am long-standing in my statements that the wing of this board who cannot enjoy a concert unless it’s at a venue with a doofus-approved soundsystem is a bunch of hipster doofuses. RNR is fine.

Who is in that wing?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 02:51:01 pm »

in its early days, sound at RnR downright sucked.  they fixed it, eventually, but at first it was pretty awful. 

some folks are still stuck in those early times, i guess...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 02:55:56 pm »

in its early days, sound at RnR downright sucked.  they fixed it, eventually, but at first it was pretty awful. 

some folks are still stuck in those early times, i guess...

I'm surprised you can hear the sound of a DC rock club from your West Coast forest home.