Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 64556 times)

Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #540 on: October 13, 2022, 03:55:16 pm »
chance of trump actually testifying are pretty low.
very low and if he does...will plead the 5th, so won't really do anything
but donny is not good at keeping his mouth shut in front of the cameras...so could be interesting if he actually shows
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #541 on: October 13, 2022, 03:56:10 pm »
in other news: SCOTUS declines trump's request for emergency relief RE: the 100 classified documents that the special master is barred from reviewing and are currently in the hands of the DOJ.

tough day for TFG.
<sig>

« Reply #542 on: October 13, 2022, 04:06:25 pm »
wow a double shutout

9-0 SCOTUS
9-0 committee
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #543 on: October 13, 2022, 04:31:55 pm »
Insight: If House majority flips, Trump subpoena could prove moot

By Paul Kane
The drama of voting to subpoena a former president will now meet a political and legal reality: Donald Trump can probably just slow-walk this demand for his testimony into extinction.

The Jan. 6 committee’s lease on life depends almost entirely on the midterm elections next month, and if current trends hold, Republicans are likely to flip more than the five seats they need to take the majority.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), already issued a subpoena by the committee, has said he has no intention of continuing the panel’s work — or at least not in the current manner of the probe’s focus on Trump.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #544 on: October 13, 2022, 04:36:02 pm »
What's the statute of limitations on Trump's crimes?
😐 🎶

« Reply #545 on: October 13, 2022, 09:14:08 pm »
What's the statute of limitations on Trump's crimes?
you need to be more specific, there are many
slack

« Reply #546 on: October 13, 2022, 09:14:37 pm »
but donny is not good at keeping his mouth shut in front of the cameras...so could be interesting if he actually shows
man, this would be some must see TV if he does

Trump wants to testify before the J6 committee — but only if they broadcast his testimony live: NYT
slack

Starsky

« Reply #547 on: October 13, 2022, 10:06:17 pm »
I don’t know why you guys keep falling for the Trump clown show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #548 on: October 14, 2022, 01:01:16 pm »

for trump, personally, i would be humiliating to sit in front of a camera (AKA in front of the nation) and be forced to plead the fifth to basic questions such as "did you participate in the attempts to illegally overthrow the 2020 election?" or "did your actions violate the US constitution?".  i seriously wonder if he would have the personal discipline to keep his mouth shut when most needed.  would not want to be the lawyer sitting beside him whose job it is to tell him to shut up.

Trump wants to testify before the J6 committee — but only if they broadcast his testimony live: NYT

i would absolutely take that deal if i was the J6.
<sig>

« Reply #549 on: October 14, 2022, 01:07:24 pm »
problem her is he is going to run the clock and the GQP will win the house in the mid terms

I think in the end, the Dems should have done all this in the spring...they wanted this stuff to be the 'October Suprise'

Only thing we are going to hear from Jan 2023 on is Hunter Biden...
slack

Starsky

« Reply #550 on: October 14, 2022, 01:09:26 pm »

for trump, personally, i would be humiliating to sit in front of a camera (AKA in front of the nation) and be forced to plead the fifth to basic questions such as "did you participate in the attempts to illegally overthrow the 2020 election?" or "did your actions violate the US constitution?".  i seriously wonder if he would have the personal discipline to keep his mouth shut when most needed.  would not want to be the lawyer sitting beside him whose job it is to tell him to shut up.

i would absolutely take that deal if i was the J6.

He is a con man. You can’t make deals with this guy. He has no word. Have we learned nothing?

« Reply #551 on: October 17, 2022, 03:28:38 pm »
man, this would be some must see TV if he does

Adam "special K" says that they may agree to his terms
https://www.politicalflare.com/2022/10/adam-kinzinger-committee-may-agree-to-trumps-demands-and-allow-him-to-testify-live/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
slack

vansmack

« Reply #552 on: October 17, 2022, 05:24:45 pm »
Why do think he would plead the 5th?

I think he would take the opportunity to ignore every question, be repugnant and say whatever the hell he wants and fire up his base on National TV.  He can't get that kind of airtime right now without it.
27>34

Starsky

« Reply #553 on: October 18, 2022, 12:21:33 am »
Except he might not trust himself not to have a Jack Nicholson “I ordered the code red” moment

But..yeah, pretty much…

Mobius

« Reply #554 on: October 18, 2022, 10:26:53 am »
I can’t think of any situation where he has acted when he hasn’t been in total control of the situation or owned the location.  So I vote no show or Fif Fif Fif (and in that case only if there are no cameras)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 10:34:46 am by Mobius »