Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 66497 times)

Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2019, 06:59:27 am »
Looks like Lev Parnas doesn't like that Trump said he didn't know who he is ...and is talking to Congress!

@HoarseWisperer
Fun-fact: John Gotti’s henchman, Sammy “The Bull” Gravano, wasn’t going to turn on the Dapper Don until prosecutors played him a tape of Gotti trashing him.
Lev Parnas heard Trump throwing him under the bus on live TV.

wow in a odd coincidence...you know who got Sammy to turn...Robert Mueller!
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/12/how-scared-should-trump-be-of-mueller-ask-john-gotti-or-sammy-the-bull/amp
although...guess that didn't work out as we hoped, just a funny coincidence

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:04:37 am by Fireside chat-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2019, 02:38:56 am »
can someone help me understand the following GOP talking point: "the whistleblower is partisan, we need to ID him/her so we can verify his bias, his political motivation - this person is clearly anti-trump".

WTF does it matter?  what if hillary and/or obama is/are the whistleblower(s)?  regardless of the 'blower's motivations, it doesn't negate the president's actions.  we now have multiple witnesses to his crimes.  leftie or righty, the blower was right.  but because they are a partisan, somehow the crimes don't count?

do adherents to this line of thinking believe that only a republican can out the president's deeds, because they are pure of heart? 

have i committed the sin of trying to find the logic here?  i mean, i get it, they are trying to out the whistleblower to punish them for opposing Their Guy, but c'mon... they're wearing no clothes.

this post brought to you by homebrewed cider?  weeeeee.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2019, 10:20:09 am »
can someone help me understand the following GOP talking point: "the whistleblower is partisan, we need to ID him/her so we can verify his bias, his political motivation - this person is clearly anti-trump".
it doesn't matter, logic is not allowed to be used in these arguments

If a bank is being robbed and someone calls in the tip, the cops show up, catch the robbers, they admit the crime
Do we then try to find out what the motivation of the Tipster is?
The robbers are still guilty and caught red handed...its seems so simple, but yet a million requests for the WB identity

they are all willing to die on this hill of lies.  although apparently 2/3rds of trump supporters said "It doesn't matter what is said, they will always back trump."  There were A LOT of people who still supported Nixon right to the end and they didn't have Echo chamber news feeding them only one side of the story then

The other things they keep shouting that is mind numbinly stupid
1."This is a violation of the 6th amendment"
 this is NOT a criminal case that is being tried in a state or federal court, so those rules don't apply.  It is an Inquiry, specifically for the House/legistative branch to have powers to investigate the Executive branch.  The rules are pretty clear and an important part of the constitution. 
2. "we need this to be out in the open"  So they Dems say OK lets do it out in the open and every single R votes against moving forward with the inquiry in the open and Lindsy was so bold to say "I'm not even going to read the transcript of the testimony"  !?! They have tried to make this about "its being done in secret" ...umm you had 20~ republicans in these meetings, did you put comatose people in there so it didn't count that they were in the room.

They were trying so hard to make this about Process, so the Dems are walking on eggshells with the process, because they really can't fight the substance other than to say "you are on a witch hunt"  and not actually discuss the actions and why they might be considered criminal

This is not a fair fight and it sucks that their supporters don't care either
They just make shit up and keep saying it, hoping that the listeners don't understand the law
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2019, 02:06:11 pm »
part of the answer to my own question came to me in the shower this morning: repubs are trying to confounds whistleblower and witness.  a witness' motivations are fair game for questioning, a blower's aren't.

and what the hell is up with Rand?!?
Rand Paul says he 'probably will' disclose whistleblower's name
Thanks to Rand Paul, Russian Media Are Naming the Alleged Whistleblower
<sig>

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2019, 03:59:39 pm »
Gordon Sondland: "I mean, this has been a very bad experience for me."
Transcript p.198.

Josh Marshall @joshtpm
“I spent $1 Million buying myself an Ambassadorship and all I got was having to spend another $1 Million on attorney fees because I perjured myself to Congress.”
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 07:42:11 pm »
file under "completely bonkers", and "my daily reminder there is no floor":

White House calls claim that Jared Kushner gave Saudi ruler permission to arrest Jamal Khashoggi before journalist was killed and dismembered 'false nonsense'
- White House calls claim in British conservative news magazine's gossip column  that Jared Kushner green-lighted Jamal Khashoggi's arrest
- Article claims more whistleblowers have come forward to Democrat-led House of Representatives with claims of wrongdoing by Trump officials
- Report says one whistleblower is alleging that Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law, approved Saudi plans to arrest Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi
- According to Spectator, Turkey intercepted call between Kushner and Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and then used it to gain leverage over Trump
- Trump agreed to remove American troops from northern Syria after a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- White House official calls report 'false nonsense'', Spectator acknowledged of its own report 'whether any of this is true is another matter'

incompetence, criminal foreign policy, blackmail (AKA LOSING), back-channel illegal communication, more incompetence: yup, checks out.  now new and improved,   comes with additional whistleblowers!!!

"The report claims that investigators on the Democratic-led House Intelligence Committee are aware of these allegations and are planning to dig further into them while pursuing the impeachment inquiry over Trump's dealings with Ukraine.   

It also claims that the number of intelligence 'whistleblowers' who have given or are willing to give evidence to the House Intelligence Committee's impeachment inquiry is seven, one of whom has made the claim about Kushner."

i know it's from a gossip column but please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true please let this be true ...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 07:44:08 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2019, 07:58:18 pm »
While I support impeachment at the end of the day I hope he is defeated at the ballot box.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2019, 08:22:19 pm »
While I support impeachment at the end of the day I hope he is defeated at the ballot box.

there is very little the russians and other foreigners can do to interfere in an impeachment, AKA it's more of a sure thing.  also, the timing would be horrible for the GOP - with trump out, they'll be scrambling for a new candidate for 2020.  i'm not certain that pence, vowing to avenge the "wrongful removal" of trump, would gain sufficient traction. trump's mindless masses stay home in disillusionment.  the end.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2019, 07:42:16 am »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2019, 09:39:24 am »
And justice for all.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50315490
To be fair, I hate this sort of stuff. This person isn't really qualified for this. This is like Joe The Plumber getting an ambassadorship.
LVMH

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2019, 09:55:27 am »
And justice for all.

To be fair, I hate this sort of stuff. This person isn't really qualified for this. This is like Joe The Plumber getting an ambassadorship.
So you do have a point, but it's very symbolic and Dems get so few 'poke them in the eye' moments
The republicans get them daily, so I'm ok with this one

I don't think that the position of supervisor for the Algonkian District in Loudoun County, Virginia is the kind of position that will take the commonwealth down
I am sure most didn't even know who the former person in that role or what that person actually does

and who knows, she might evolve into a formidable politician
how many people running for Supervisor have tons of 'qualified' experience
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:57:07 am by VAblue-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2019, 10:11:44 am »
And justice for all.

Give me a break. This woman was elected Supervisor for the Algonkian District. Whatever the hell that is.  Who *would* be qualified for that job? It's certainly not an ambassadorship.

Also, this woman  received an MBA in Marketing from Johns Hopkins University in 1998. Joe the Plumber served in the Air Force for four years and seems to have never taken a college course. Color me elitist, but I'd hire someone with an MBA from Hopkins before I would someone with no college education.

Edit: I see Hatch was typing out the same point...

hutch

« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2019, 10:16:24 am »
Hutchette attended a fundraiser for the person in question

I think it’s great she got elected

I assume Julian is just playing up to his elitist persona

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2019, 11:33:31 am »
I'm not trying to play up anything. The primary reason people are excited about this woman getting elected is she flipped someone we don't like off. That's super funny, but its also not exactly a reason to elect someone. Do I know anything about her platform? No. Do I know who else was running for this position? No. But neither does anyone else on here and neither does any article about her reveal any of this. Its all very much presented as "lol, trolling the Boomers".

What happened to when they go low, we go high?
LVMH