Author Topic: Concert you regret missing most?  (Read 9344 times)

WALKonBack

Re: Concert you regret missing most?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 11:53:46 pm »
Also . . . I guess, this falls into this category.

After 21 years of seeing them, I regret that I have not seen a single Phish show in 2 years and more than likely will never, see them again live.  Which, is sad, because I love them, and they really changed my life.

Burnt'd

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 09:25:04 am »
Nina Simone  2001
(_|_)

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 09:27:13 am »
I didn't go to many concerts between 1988-1991 (law school) and then between 1991 and 2000 while the kids were little

I had a long period like this - roughly from 91 into the 2000s where I didn’t go to shows much, either. For the exact same reasons: kids and school (not law skool tho). I refer to that period as the Dark Ages.

I remember where I was when I read the Buckley had died. Absolutely crushing as I was hell bent not to miss out on him.

hutch

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 09:36:22 am »
Nina Simone  2001

At DAR? I was there....she was in pretty rough shape

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 09:37:42 am »
Oakland....I heard she only played 8 songs or less?
(_|_)

K8teebug

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 09:40:07 am »
I don’t know what I was “thinking” when I missed the Leonard Cohen concert at Merriweather....

I wish I had a good excuse like it was during my serious addiction to smack

Very embarrassing

Ditto. And I live down the street. It did not help it was raining that night, but still, no excuse.

K8teebug

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 09:41:08 am »
I am also still resentful that my parents didn't let me see shows in high school, so I missed everything before 1995.

I would also have liked to see Brainiac live. But, that one is my own fault.

Bagley

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 10:36:45 am »
Frank Zappa
Palace Theater
Albany, NY
11/12/81 :'(

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:15 am »
The Ramones at Girards in Baltimore  February 1985

nkotb

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 11:02:49 am »
I had a ticket for the last DC-area At The Drive-In show at the Black Cat before they originally broke up, but screwed up the dates in my head and missed it.  That bummed me out.

Oh, and I had to miss the 50th anniversary Beach Boys show at Merriweather and the last Clean show in the area because my daughter was born (worth it, though, she's pretty cool)

K8teebug

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 11:11:44 am »

After 21 years of seeing them, I regret that I have not seen a single Phish show in 2 years and more than likely will never, see them again live.  Which, is sad, because I love them, and they really changed my life.

Burnt'd

I took an 18 year break and am so glad I've gone back to see them the last two years. Come out for Hershey or Atlantic City!!!

gavroche

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 11:38:46 am »
I don’t know what I was “thinking” when I missed the Leonard Cohen concert at Merriweather....

I wish I had a good excuse like it was during my serious addiction to smack

Very embarrassing

This is the one that jumps to mind for me as well.  I had traveled to New York to see him at the Beacon, I didn't have the money for good seats at the time... and I just thought I'd get another chance.  But I regret it.

The other one for me is Prince at the Warner theater.  It was too rich for my blood, and I'd just seen him in Baltimore, but I never thought it would be the last time.

Yada

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 12:07:58 pm »

Burnt'd

I took an 18 year break and am so glad I've gone back to see them the last two years. Come out for Hershey or Atlantic City!!!

Yeah... Does not compute.

You still like them?

They play within one hour of your abode basically every year.

Come on Walky.

K8, I do think those AC shows could bring in a nassssty crowd... Just my opinion but keep it in mind.

evilizac

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 12:08:28 pm »
James Brown/Chuck Brown (I was newish to the area)
Paul Westerberg (I liked the idea of him just chilling and kind of putzing around with a couch, but my crap band had a show)
The Replacements (sure, replacement replacement of the Replacements, but if it's also the last time Paul does anything, fuck.)
Tom Petty (Who thought he would kick it like that?)
Bummed that I missed Cymbals Eat Guitars, but my wife was sick (practically dying the the passenger seat) and we tried to find parking for fifteens minutes after leaving twenty minutes late. . . Anxiety deluxe.
Supergrass the last time they were here (they were very much a favorite band for this ex-islander anglophile)
White Stripes with The Shins (I'm lame)
It would have been awesome to take my grandmother to see Leonard Cohen, but I wasn't quite there yet.
Probably worst is Joe Strummer (I only kind of liked the Mescaleros, but damn if he wasn't a presence, imagine him in this day and age).

I should probably catch Prine before he shuffles off.
Maybe Dylan one more time
WHAT?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »
ohh this is a big one....

skipped Lisa Germano at IOTA and went to The Rapture at 930 instead....how stupid is that!
(_|_)