Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 101522 times)

Yada

Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #540 on: December 01, 2020, 04:07:04 pm »
Just made my New Year's Eve plans: Avett Brothers livestream.  Was on a discount today only, so why not have something to do. Ugh.

I don't know who you are, but I'm sorry.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #541 on: December 01, 2020, 05:43:29 pm »
Just made my New Year's Eve plans: Avett Brothers livestream.  Was on a discount today only, so why not have something to do. Ugh.

Desperate times, man. Desperate times.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #542 on: December 01, 2020, 06:17:31 pm »

Formerly known as Challenged.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #543 on: December 01, 2020, 09:47:13 pm »
It's my birthday month. Where's my damn cupcake?
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #545 on: December 03, 2020, 05:11:33 pm »
Radiohead are raising money for stage crew charity Stagehand’s #ILoveLive campaign, which is providing financial help for all UK stage crew who are in the greatest need. Stage crew seem to be the forgotten ones in the current pandemic. They’re the unsung heroes of the live entertainment world. Without them shows just couldn’t happen.
(...)
Radiohead and Ed O'Brian is donating his 1979 American Fender Stratocaster to this prize draw fundraising campaign (...) with each entry costing £5. You can enter multiple times.

Entries can be purchased between Friday 27th November and Thursday 17th December. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 23 December.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/win-radiohead-guitar
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2020, 08:47:05 am »
Really enjoyed the first night of the hold steady's brooklyn streaming shows. the inclusion of a zoom where you could see and chat with other fans and see their cats, dogs and kids and such, made it more interactive and fun than the usual stream.

Nights 2 and 3 to come.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #547 on: December 08, 2020, 02:58:36 pm »
jean-michel jarre will be doing a free concert on new year's eve:

"French virtuoso prog star Jean-Michel Jarre has announced plans to host a spectacular New years Eve virtual concert that will make it appear that he's performing inside a virtual Notre Dame.

Jarre will perform live from a studio near the cathedral in Paris, while his avatar plays inside a virtual Notre-Dame. The 45-minute concert that Jarre will perform will be comprised of tracks from his recent Grammy-nominated album Electronica, as well as new reworked versions of his classics, Oxygène and Equinoxe. "

https://www.loudersound.com/news/jean-michel-jarre-announces-new-years-eve-virtual-live-show
https://jeanmicheljarre.com/

<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #548 on: December 09, 2020, 11:09:40 am »
500 people showed up for a concert at an Ohio nightclub that defied local COVID-19 restrictions, authorities say

A nightclub in Columbus, Ohio, was temporarily shut down and is accused of public health violations because up to 500 people attended a concert headlined by R&B singer Trey Songz over the weekend, authorities said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/08/us/trey-songz-ohio-nightclub-covid-citations-trnd/index.html
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #549 on: December 09, 2020, 03:12:26 pm »
I mean, guys, its the pride of Petersburg, VA: Trey Songz.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #550 on: December 09, 2020, 04:45:16 pm »
I mean, guys, its the pride of Petersburg, VA: Trey Songz.

i'm shocked that you didn't focus on the Ohio aspect...
<sig>

radley17

« Reply #551 on: December 11, 2020, 10:19:21 pm »
These two look promising...

Yo La Tengo’s Hanukkah Concert Dec. 18 8pm-11pm $20 Live from The Greene Space at WNYC & WQXR
Yo La Tengo is taking their annual Hannukah run (virtually) to The Greene Space. You can expect surprise openers, both musical and comedy. All proceeds will go to charity.

Patti Smith and her band virtual birthday show Dec.30 9pm $10 via VEEPS

« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2020, 11:27:36 am »
Through the end of the year, Neil Young has removed the paywall in front of his formidable online archives, offering access to the newly released Archives Vol. 2, the 50th anniversary reissue of After the Gold Rush, and countless other archival releases.
slack

hutch

« Reply #553 on: December 12, 2020, 12:36:19 pm »
I saw that....

We really seem to have hit a new age where 99% get access to music free and 1% -the old patron model-pays for expensive box sets, limited edition colored vinyl issues and gimmicks (signed prints, etc) that subsidize the operation for everyone

Is this a reflection of increasing inequality, the opportunities the internet allows for music distribution or something else? Probably

« Reply #554 on: December 12, 2020, 12:58:10 pm »
I've never been a big fan of box sets, I can count on one hand the ones that I've actually listened to after buying
There used to be a rush to get access to that Japanese B side or some crappy demos
that does little for me now and have zero interest

I used to feel that going to see the band live and buying merch was the best way to support a band...it also spread out my spend
alas..covid

I've been buying a lot more vinyl direct from bands I like, but honestly, they probably don't make much off what I pay (manufacturing and shipping and cost to cut the tracks likely eat up any 'profit')

Speaking of...probably a good time to remind everyone on this board to throw a few coins in the hat for the Staph
https://930-club.myshopify.com/products/i-m-p-family-fund

slack