Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 103720 times)

Starsky

Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #780 on: August 12, 2021, 05:53:51 pm »
Add State Theatre to venues requiring vaccination or proof of negative test

I don’t believe the Birchmere or Fillmore have spoken yet

vansmack

« Reply #781 on: August 12, 2021, 05:58:32 pm »
Beginning Aug 20, SF is requiring Vaccine proof for:

Bars
Restaurants
Clubs
Gyms
Large indoor events (concerts)

Masks are still required.  You can not use a self-attestation of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test. You must have proof that you are vaccinated.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2021, 08:41:40 pm »
https://www.aegworldwide.com/press-center/press-releases/aeg-presents-require-proof-full-vaccination-us-concertgoers-and-event

Starting October 1st

AEG Presents to Require Proof of Full Vaccination for U.S. Concertgoers and Event Staff

Live Music and Event Company Will Implement New Policy Across All of Its Festivals, Clubs, and Theatres

T.Rex

« Reply #783 on: August 16, 2021, 08:42:34 am »
Require Proof of Full Vaccination
So maybe this is a moot point, but those Vax cards...weren't they just more of appointment reminders to get your second shot
they are not official documents and VERY EASILY forged. 

Doesn't this seem like a problem.... in that the people that don't want the vax would be the most likely to forge a card...
you do the math
This solution has a major flaw

Also, is there a penalty for forging a 'vax card' (as it's not an official document)
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #784 on: August 16, 2021, 08:57:00 am »
Easily forged, yes. But still a government form, no?

If so, there may be heavy fines if caught with one.

« Reply #785 on: August 16, 2021, 11:07:37 am »
Easily forged, yes. But still a government form, no?

If so, there may be heavy fines if caught with one.
Hadn't researched it, but still seems a little vague and enforcement non existent  ....

According to attorney and  legal analyst Page Pate, using a fake vaccine card can constitute a federal crime - and can land you in prison for as many as five years.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/using-or-making-a-fake-covid-vaccination-card-is-a-federal-crime/289-8edfc6b3-c490-4dbf-b516-9f8c59e04282

now who is going to enforce this?  The ticket taker?

at least one person has been arrested on this
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/woman-arrested-fake-covid-19-immunization-and-vaccination-card-scheme
although this one is a lot more complicated as a "Dr" provided 'vax pills' and instructed the takers to fill out the form saying they got moderna...
slack

Starsky

« Reply #786 on: August 16, 2021, 11:23:01 am »
I don’t believe anyone is claiming requiring proof of vaccination will ensure 100% of people attending will be vaccinated.

Is that your expectation or demand?

« Reply #787 on: August 16, 2021, 11:27:51 am »
So if everyone is demanding proof, but it can be a grainy photo on a phone...seems like this isn't doing what it intends

I think the thought is, hey if I go to this event, I'm feeling confident that everyone in this venue has a jab or a clear test in the last 72 hours because the venue is enforcing rules

let's say a Kenny Chensey ...more than 25% will have forged vax cards (more/less, not really sure)
I think it's setting up expectations that clearly won't be met
slack

Starsky

« Reply #788 on: August 16, 2021, 11:36:53 am »
The intent is to ensure an overwhelming percentage of people at a specific show are vaccinated and also act as an inducement for people to get vaccinated.

It’s a big step forward. Is it perfect? Will it ensure nobody skirts the system? Of course not.

I can’t believe I have to write this…

Oh and I think you vastly exaggerate the number of people that will have forged cards. Vastly

« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 11:40:44 am by Starsky »

« Reply #789 on: August 16, 2021, 12:15:36 pm »
Not sure why your responses have to have such an air of arrogance that all the facts and answers are out there for everyone to see and anyone who doesn't clearly understand this vague situation is clearly a total idiot

so I get it, point taken
slack

Starsky

« Reply #790 on: August 16, 2021, 12:24:56 pm »
I see.

Maybe I am having a bad life  or maybe I am just a dick or maybe stupidity angers me. Maybe all three.

It never would occur to me that the system was a failure if it wasn’t 100% effective.

I think it’s a work in progress and with experience maybe it can be improved. I wouldn’t accept pictures for example. But it’s a first step. How things go with covid will dictate what happens next. One can easily envision local government run and mandated vaccine passports… Right now businesses with no experience in this area are trying to get something going….

And of course people attending shows in DC still have to wear masks although this vaccine proof requirement may make many people feel that is not so….

I was not at Jason Mraz so can’t say how it went at first IMP show with requirement
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 12:28:30 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #791 on: August 16, 2021, 12:31:44 pm »
I was not at Jason Mraz
dodged a bullet on that one
slack

Starsky

« Reply #792 on: August 16, 2021, 12:37:54 pm »
I saw him open for Liz Phair at the club many years ago

vansmack

27>34