Author Topic: Christmas with Hej Hej: December 11 @ Cafe Saint-Ex  (Read 2275 times)

seeking_irony

Christmas with Hej Hej: December 11 @ Cafe Saint-Ex
« on: December 04, 2007, 01:31:00 pm »
All I want for Christmas is... Hej Hej: a night of Scandinavian pop & rock.

Tuesday, December 11
 Cafe Saint-Ex (1847 14th Street NW)
 10 PM - close
 No cover

Join DJs Natalya and Melissa as we play our favorite holidays songs by The Raveonettes * The Knife * Sally Shapiro * El Perro Del Mar * Hello Saferide * The Perishers * Le Sport * and others, mixed in with our usual assortment of Scandinavian tunes.

Drink specials on Viking beer and Reyka vodka all night.

Celebrate the upcoming Saint Lucia holiday by wearing a crown of candles, and we might just buy you a drink.

God Jul * Glædelig Jul * Hyvaa joulua * Gledileg Jol

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 If you're on MySpace, please add Hej Hej to your friends so that we can keep you posted on future events.

Space Freely

Re: Christmas with Hej Hej: December 11 @ Cafe Saint-Ex
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 03:37:27 pm »
Do people not send Christmas cards to acquaintences anymore, or just not to is because we stopped sending them?

And sorry, i am not on MySpace.

Starsky

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 04:02:47 pm »
Still getting cards from people

Not as many though

Yada

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 04:11:35 pm »
Do people not send Christmas cards to acquaintences anymore, or just not to is because we stopped sending them?

And sorry, i am not on MySpace.

I've been telling my partner in life to stop sending them for years but she still does it... we also receive shit loads which is possibly her motivation for continuing to do so.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2021, 04:23:36 pm »
I used to be really good about getting out holiday cards out
wifey for some reason was never going to take that task on
I stopped in about 2018 and we are getting less and less cards every year
slack

Starsky

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 04:29:18 pm »
I used to be really good about getting out holiday cards out
wifey for some reason was never going to take that task on
I stopped in about 2018 and we are getting less and less cards every year

Can confirm

shemptiness

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2021, 07:09:05 pm »
I wish.  Wife just rewrote the list. 120 and counting.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2021, 03:31:28 am »
xmas card?  pffft, amateurs.  we write a goddamn holiday LETTER with embedded pictures and details of what the hell we've been up to for the past year (nobody cares), how the kids are doing (only grandparents care), and our hopes and dreams for the coming year (whatever the opposite of caring is).  yes, the missus is ALL about it, and i get dragged in.  also, we never get it done before xmas so it is perennially a new year's letter.  haven't gotten this year's edition out yet and since we're out of town until the new year's eve it won't be done until first week of january at the earliest.  personally i don't mind since that gives us another line to add to the letter ("apologies for the late delivery, end of 2021 was just packed with etc etc etc...") and thus a line less of other drivel to write.
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 01:08:03 pm »
sounds like the opposite of awesome

xmas card?  pffft, amateurs.  we write a goddamn holiday LETTER with embedded pictures and details of what the hell we've been up to for the past year (nobody cares), how the kids are doing (only grandparents care), and our hopes and dreams for the coming year (whatever the opposite of caring is).  yes, the missus is ALL about it, and i get dragged in.  also, we never get it done before xmas so it is perennially a new year's letter.  haven't gotten this year's edition out yet and since we're out of town until the new year's eve it won't be done until first week of january at the earliest.  personally i don't mind since that gives us another line to add to the letter ("apologies for the late delivery, end of 2021 was just packed with etc etc etc...") and thus a line less of other drivel to write.