Author Topic: I miss concerts  (Read 9238 times)

Re: I miss concerts
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2020, 10:24:35 am »
There was a time when I would be so excited to see a show
I posted this 6 years ago in my FB

I remember when the Marah brothers broke their  feud and hit the road (this may have been the a year or two after that) and played Jammin Java
Was such a fun show
What I also miss is these small shows when the band hangs out after to talk and sign shit
This show was lucky enough to not only grab the set list (thanks Hutch I'm sure) but got the band to sign it

I miss concerts

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 10:26:25 am by BayOfPigs award winner ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2020, 12:18:46 pm »
I just don't understand all of these brother bands who fight. Oasis, the Crowes, Marah...are the Avett Brothers fighting?

I mean i fought with my brother when i was a kid, but then i grew up. Of course, I'm not in a band with him.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2020, 01:09:24 pm »
Of course, I'm not in a band with him.

there ya go.

another thing that will bring fraternal strife is opening a business together. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 01:27:16 pm »
Or it could be just a big act

A schtick

In the case of marah I think serge got a regular job, got married, had a kid..decided to go straight

When he got divorced he came back to the band

Noel and Liam know full well the longer this goes on the more they will bank on the inevitable reunion

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2020, 01:37:46 pm »
give Noel's recently announced stance on masks, i wouldn't be surprised if Liam's clothing company Pretty Green doesn't start selling masks... making bank on each other 
T.Rex

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2020, 01:41:15 pm »
I can relate: I only speak to one of my brothers And that relationship ended well into adulthood.

I agree that the business end is a contributor. Going into business with friends or family members is risky.

Space Freely

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2020, 01:42:14 pm »
The Everly Brothers had an ongoing feud over political affiliations.

https://www.kmaland.com/news/don-everly-backs-hillary-clinton/article_4755c096-c5e1-11e5-bb1b-4313ed84baee.html

Fortunately, the Republican (Phil) is the one who died. He's also the one who was a smoker.

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2020, 02:37:56 pm »
don't we have a family feud thread or something
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2020, 09:15:12 am »
I was at the Sigur Ros and Wilco shows.

I miss EVERYTHING.

hutch

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2020, 07:13:12 pm »
Has anyone contemplated there might not be traditional live shows until at least 2022?

We are all assuming the vaccine will allow us to return to normal soon but not necessarily so....

Awful to think about

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2020, 07:28:34 pm »
Has anyone contemplated there might not be traditional live shows until at least 2022?

We are all assuming the vaccine will allow us to return to normal soon but not necessarily so....

Awful to think about
I think it’ll be before 2022 but it’s not like if there’s a vaccine in January we are returning to concerts in February by any means.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2020, 11:47:27 am »

Awful to think about

I'm just hoping my kid gets to start high school next year in person. Concerts would be a bonus. And I'm willing to sacrifice concerts, bars, and indoor dining to get the schools open. Though opening schools don't seem to be a priority.

hutch

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2020, 12:08:33 pm »
Well am willing to “sacrifice” concerts for a lot of things but still a horrible reality for my life

I rely on concerts to make the rest of my life more bearable