Author Topic: Cassette Owners Rejoice  (Read 8898 times)

Jaguär

Re: Cassette Owners Rejoice
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
    http://www.hammacher.com/publish/71860.asp  
Now I really like this idea. You don't have all of the geeky connecting and other hooking up and software issues or even have to worry about actually having a working turntable anymore. I'm hoping that this idea takes off and some quality company makes a much more affordable version with very high quality duplicating. All I want to do is to be able to listen to my vinyl again and don't have the works to do so at this stage. I'd also like to be able to listen to some of it in my car or include in some compilations. The other advantage is that you can duplicate rare collectors' items for frequent listening without having to wear out your vinyl.

walkonby

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2005, 07:40:00 pm »
i need something to listen to all these dead people on tape with.  you know, evps?  are there programs out there that help with the sound quality of tapes played to the computer, say if you are trying to copy what is on the tape to  cd-r.  dead people are cool to listen to on tape, but the hissing really pisses me off.  sometimes they talk about their cats too much, though . . . and no, i will not get you a diet coke!

Jaguär

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 09:58:00 pm »
I know you have to use completely clean, unused tapes. I may be able to find you some other details on that later but need some time to check out a few peoples' sites first.

Personally, EVPs bore me because they never, ever say anything the slightest bit interesting. Generally just stupid shit like, "Evie, here" or "It's cold".

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 11:46:00 am »
Oh man... I can finally do something to save the music off my demos of 9353, Crippled Pilgrims, Troubled Gardens, Mourning Glories, and a few others before the last specks of ferric oxide are nothing more than dust in the wind...
_\|/_

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 12:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  Oh man... I can finally do something to save the music off my demos of 9353, Crippled Pilgrims, Troubled Gardens, Mourning Glories, and a few others before the last specks of ferric oxide are nothing more than dust in the wind...
<drool>

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2023, 10:26:04 am »
Finally a good use for some of those tapes you have lying around

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2023/aug/05/musical-portraits-cassette-tapes-amy-corson-in-pictures

Curious, koz or Dr Doom…. Did you get this and convert those rarities?
slack

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2023, 06:52:58 pm »
slack