Author Topic: Replacing RBG  (Read 5950 times)

Re: Replacing RBG
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2020, 08:02:49 pm »
Can’t believe I have to depend on grassley
slack

hutch

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2020, 08:06:35 pm »
A special thank you to the Bernie supporters that couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Hillary cause she was the same as Trump.

hutch

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2020, 08:57:44 pm »

hutch

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2020, 10:11:52 pm »
Well $71 million is not nothing

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2020, 07:28:13 am »
Well $71 million is not nothing
Just read close to $80 million in 24 hours

What was up with those pidgin tweets from grassley.   Is that code for something or is he just losing his mind
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:30:18 am by Heat Ray Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2020, 08:27:55 am »
Interesting tactic

Senate rules require the resolution of articles of impeachment before other business, like judicial confirmations.
slack

hutch

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2020, 12:06:00 pm »
The problem with that is it would cost Biden the election so it seems pointless.

Hearing a lot of stupidity from a rather desperate Democrat side.

$104 million raised on Act Blue

Let’s hope it helps candidates like Gideon in Maine. We also need to pick up AZ and CO.

We will lose AL so that only gets us to +2

It’s a tall order to flip the Senate...we need +4

Am hopeful in NC. But IA seems like a bridge too far so where is the pickup to flip? What am I missing

Edit: what I was missing is that if Biden wins a tie Senate goes to democrats

« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:09:40 pm by hutch »

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2020, 12:37:23 pm »
AZ is preety much sealed
NC, Maine and CO are leaning the right way....we need to stay focused on those states for the next 6 weeks

(while not forgetting FL, PA, MI and WI)

I'm not sure impeachment (doesn't have to be of the pres, could be Barr) would cost him the election
I'm not going to agree with you on that
I'm 100% fine with any tactic to obstruct Mitch from getting this nomination
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 12:39:24 pm by Heat Ray Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2020, 01:00:38 pm »
Because you are not sure? What if you are wrong?

Breyer is 82!

Sorry just can’t go with your gut...

hutch

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2020, 01:02:28 pm »
Impeach him on what?

A few weeks before an election he is clearly trailing?

You have lost your mind

Most Americans are not RBG cultists and hardly know anything about the Supreme Court

vansmack

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2020, 01:33:26 pm »
This has lame duck session written all over it.  Mitch knows he's giving away the Senate if he votes before, but can probably sway the holdouts to play along after the election, no matter the result
27>34

hutch

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2020, 01:40:24 pm »
Agree

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2020, 01:44:22 pm »
This has lame duck session written all over it.  Mitch knows he's giving away the Senate if he votes before, but can probably sway the holdouts to play along after the election, no matter the result
Yeah. Trump gets to frame it as “the election is about this seat” which can’t possibly hurt him. Then if he loses, you just ram it thru in lame duck session anyway.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2020, 02:17:22 pm »
True but if democrats take senate could wind up giving Democrats ammunition to justify packing Court

Although would they have all 50 votes? I doubt it

I just don’t see democrats packing the court...

hutch

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2020, 09:30:07 am »
Thinking some more I think maybe democrats should say now before election ends that if they gain a majority on senate they will expand the court to 13 after Biden takes over unless Republicans hold off on replacing RBG

I like this approach more than whining and begging Republicans to do right thing which is weak...also better than trying to shoot down nominee No matter
who it is

Democrats should emphasize election has already started...people are already voting... wrong to replace in middle of election...ie, totally different scenario from Merrick Garland which was 8 months earlier before anyone had voted..hell before we knew candidates

And maybe- this is the one part am not sure about- to hammer it home democrats should say they would boycott confirmation hearings

That’s the play

I do see a problem with this if they nominate that Cuban American judge from Miami..could really alienate cubanos but every alternative has problems and the cubanos seem a bit of a lost cause

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:47:19 am by hutch »