Author Topic: Van Morrison!  (Read 2483 times)

Darth Ed

Van Morrison!
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:34:00 am »
Originally posted by Darth Ed in the Just Announced thread:
  Crap! I just now found out that Van Morrison is playing the Patriot Center, of all places, on August 6th. Unfortunately, all the good seats appear to be gone. Why, oh why didn't anyone mention this show here? What do I pay you all for anyway?!

Man, he's been on my wish list of artists to see in concert for 15 years now! For just as many years, his U.S. tours have seemingly consisted of only shows in Boston, New York, and San Francisco. The Patriot Center seems like a strange venue for him. He should be performing at the Warner or the Strathmore, I think, but I'll take what I can get because it's Van Morrison, ladies and gentlemen, Van Morrison....
I know Van Morrison isn't hugely popular around here, but I think a few people here are fans... Thanks to a very cool and generous 9:30 forumite, I got a ticket to tonight's show. In short, it was awesome. A 15-year dream come true really. To the skeptic who said I should save my money and just stay home and listen to It's Too Late to Stop Now, I say you couldn't have been more wrong. This was one of the best concerts I've been to this year. Got goosebumps like three times and that almost never happens to me at a concert. The sound mix was gorgeous, the best I've ever heard at the Patriot Center. Van Morrison will be 61 in a few weeks, and his voice is as powerful and as soulful as ever and still knocking 'em dead. If anything, he seems revitalized, looking thin and vigorous. His current band is almost as good as ever, rivaling even his Caledonia Soul Orchestra of the early '70s. His tour must be going well. I see he just added a couple of new U.S. tour dates.... If you're a fan, try to catch his show. Just don't expect an encore.

Sing it with me! G-L-O-R-I-Aa-aa-ay... Gloria! Gloria! Yeow!

Got Haggis?

Re: Van Morrison!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 08:44:00 am »
I was staying at the Westfields Marriot in Chantilly this weekend, and so was van morrison, heh. I arrived thursday night and jimmy buffet was staying there.  crazy stuff.

[nerd] i was there for a LAN party [/nerd]

edbert

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:44:00 am »
I saw an episode of that Jools Holland battle-of-the-bands TV show when I was in London last year.  The acts were Eels, Kaiser Chiefs, John Legend, Frank Black and Van Morrison.  They all sounded amateurish compared to Van.  And that John Legend is supposed to be saving classic soul music with his one dumb song "Ordinary People"... well the real soul music was clearly in the Van performances and Legend just sounded like a poser

crowes654

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 08:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:

Originally posted by Darth Ed in the Just Announced thread:
  , Van Morrison....
I know Van Morrison isn't hugely popular around here, but I think a few people here are fans... Tan encore.

Sing it with me! G-L-O-R-I-Aa-aa-ay... Gloria! Gloria! Yeow! [/b]
Dear God, who doesn't like Van Morrison?  Oh yeah, the turd who's heard brown eyed girl and assume he is some 60s light pop.  I feel bad for such a fool, and believe me, they do exist.

Veedon Fleese, Astral weeks, and we just beginnning to gaze out on....gaze out on St Doms Preview.

Van Morrison is one of the best artists to come out of the 60s and early 70s, and i'm talking beatles and stones and ylan here.  vastly underrated.

and i haven't even mentioned THEM!!  Dear God, now that is some R&B fury...holy shot that stuff is raw.  I fucking love it.

don't ever apologize for wanting to see van morrison

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 10:23:00 pm »
Think I'll be listening to The Story of Them on the subway tomorrow....

I can't give you more than what I've got
 I can't expect to give what I have not
 I-I-I can only give ya lovin' 'till the sun goes down
 And, until the leaves of summer turn to shades of brown

I try and I try
 But baby, you know that I
 Can only give you evra'thing

Guiny

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 09:48:00 am »
Originally posted by crowes654:
 Dear God, who doesn't like Van Morrison?  Oh yeah, the turd who's heard brown eyed girl and assume he is some 60s light pop.  I feel bad for such a fool, and believe me, they do exist.
 [/QB]
Don't feel too sorry for them, I'm sure they are living life just fine only knowing the one song.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 10:56:33 am »
..maybe a duet with Noel or Ian Brown?

Van Morrison to release lockdown protest songs

here is a jem of a lyric

"No more taking of our freedom / And our God given rights / Pretending it's for our safety / When it's really to enslave."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:59:27 am by Heat Ray Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 11:36:24 am »
He lost his mind years ago

Horrible story involving an affair and a “love child”...both dead now..horrible

I think he was always a bit of a curmudgeon but I think that pushed him over the edge of humanity

If only he’d stayed in California with Janet...

He really was untouchable until Veedon Fleece (most underrated album ever?) but since then..

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 11:48:23 am »
He really was untouchable until Veedon Fleece (most underrated album ever?) but since then..

don't know anything about this album, but this quote is priceless
Jim Miller from Rolling Stone found the entire album "self-indulgent" and called it "mood music for mature hippies."
slack

hutch

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 11:59:23 am »
I don’t know how you can live not knowing Veedon Fleece

Space Freely

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 12:37:42 pm »
Good chance his fat white ass would be dead if he got the COVID.