Author Topic: Songkick  (Read 3337 times)

nkotb

Songkick
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:57:18 am »
Just talking with Joe, and I realize I never heard much chatter here about this app:

http://www.androidcentral.com/songkick-android-app-review

Anyone use it?  I find it super handy to keep up on shows and remind myself about shows, especially since my personal time is non-existent right now.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Songkick
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 06:18:53 pm »
I know songkick is pretty big in England. I recall them trying to get the word out in NYC about it a couple years back -- but not sure what happened there (maybe they were promoting shows or something). Their site used to be much more interactive (people could add posters, setlists, etc) and some of us put in way too many hours adding extras - then one day it was all gone.

At least some of their other stuff (concert listings/announcements) is still useful.
HeyLa

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:22:56 pm »
I know songkick is pretty big in England. I recall them trying to get the word out in NYC about it a couple years back -- but not sure what happened there (maybe they were promoting shows or something). Their site used to be much more interactive (people could add posters, setlists, etc) and some of us put in way too many hours adding extras - then one day it was all gone.

At least some of their other stuff (concert listings/announcements) is still useful.

I think they've re-enabled the ability to add photos and posters.

but yeah, really frustrating when all of the information we'd all put in was suddenly gone.

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 01:34:00 pm »
I've never used the site...just the app.  Pretty easy use, given it scans my Last.fm and other playlists, etc. to preload which artists's shows they tell me about. 

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 06:21:43 pm »
supposedly they kept all that information and were supposed to send us all of it back in a spreadsheet. I never got a thing. Ill never post anything on that site again.

I think they've re-enabled the ability to add photos and posters.

but yeah, really frustrating when all of the information we'd all put in was suddenly gone.
HeyLa

hemisphire

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:56:46 am »
I tried using it for setlists, but the interface was clumsy and slow.  Glad I switched to setlist.fm.

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:16 am »
Yeah, totally fuck Songkick and the idiot that brought it up!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 01:44:00 pm »
LOL. Hey it is useful for just hearing about shows and whats coming up. Just dont waste time adding any other info :)

I switched to setlist.fm too. But I just cant be bothered to add as much info as I did the first go-around with songkick. Too worried it'll be another waste of time.

Yeah, totally fuck Songkick and the idiot that brought it up!
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 02:13:31 pm »
If you haven't tried Songza, it's worth a look.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 07:01:50 pm »
27>34