Author Topic: Maybe Trump Should Pardon This Person Thread  (Read 5908 times)

Re: Maybe Trump Should Pardon This Person Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2020, 11:10:57 am »
So the thread on his pardons....If you are a Law Officer accused of brutality or racism  OR you were convicted on some FEC/ violation
OR committed some Medicare fraud OR real estate/investment scam.
(ok even I will admit...there were a few (not listed here) that I thought were legit and justified a pardon)

JOHN TATE AND JESSE BENTON
The men were top staffers on Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign and convicted in 2016 of causing false records and campaign expenditure reports to be filed to the Federal Election Commission.
STEPHANIE MOHR
The former Maryland police officer was convicted in 2001 of violating a homeless man’s civil rights by letting her police dog attack him even though he had surrendered.
JAMES BATMASIAN
real-estate investor in South Florida. He pleaded guilty to cheating the federal government out of more than $250,000 by failing to pay federal taxes for employees at his company.
GARY BRUGMAN
The former U.S. Border Patrol agent was convicted of striking and violating the civil rights of a man who had crossed the U.S. border illegally.
MARY MCCARTY
McCarty, a former county commissioner in Palm Beach County, Florida, was issued a full pardon on Wednesday. She was convicted of a federal criminal charge for honest services fraud.
This was a nice touch...White House said her pardon was supported by Christopher Ruddy, the CEO of Newsmax Media.
MARK SILJANDER
Michigan congressman was convicted of obstructing justice and failing to register as a foreign agent. He was sentenced to serve more than a year in prison after being accused of accepting stolen funds on behalf of a Missouri charity with alleged terrorism ties.
ROBERT COUGHLIN
Coughlin worked in the Justice Department and was convicted of a conflict of interest charge for his role in the influence peddling scandal surrounding former lobbyist Jack Abramoff.
JOSEPH OCCHIPINTI
an agent with the INS  was convicted in 1991 of conspiracy to violate civil rights ...he illegally detained and searched Hispanic store owners in New York City and then made false statements to cover-up those activities.
RICKEY KANTER
Kanter founded a company known as Dr. Comfort, selling special shoes and inserts for diabetics, and was convicted of mail fraud tied to illegal Medicare reimbursements.
DANIELA GOZES-WAGNER
The Houston woman was convicted in a $50 million health care fraud scheme in 2017
MARK SHAPIRO AND IRVING STITSKY
Trump commuted Shapiro and Stitsky’s sentences after they were convicted in federal court in New York of defrauding more than 250 people in a $23 million real estate scam.
ANDREW BARRON WORDEN
runs an investment firm was convicted of wire fraud in 1998. Records from SEC show Worden was accused of defrauding several brokerage firms out of more than $130,000
WILLIAM J. PLEMONS JR.
Plemons was convicted of various financial crimes in the late 1990s and early 2000s
JAMES KASSOUF
Kassouf pleaded guilty in 1989 to a federal tax offense.
slack

hutch

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2020, 12:05:26 pm »
Trump has destroyed the meaning of the pardon power

Yes there have been occasional politically motivated pardons but not on this magnitude or scale

This is just sad and pathetic and GROSS

This don’t happen in any other developed country and it doesn’t even happen in most developing countries
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 12:20:16 pm by Just give it to me »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2020, 04:02:32 am »
Roger Stone and Paul Manafort we all assumed, so in case you were ever wondering why they stopped cooperating over Russia, you can stop wondering.

Jared's father Charles also pardoned as well as Duncan Hunter's wife.
So isn’t there a risk that those pardoned can now testify against you because there is less risk for them going to jail (not that those two would turn, but they are all scumbags, so not unbelievable)

per Andrew Weissmann, former lead prosecutor for Robert Mueller: you haul the pardonees in front of a grand jury and ask them about the pardon, was there a quid pro quo, etc.  they plead the fifth so you immunize them, taking away the risk of self-incrimination... then they have a choice: spill the beans on trump or risk contempt of court. source: How Trump's Pardons Of Russia Figures Could Backfire If He Is Prosecuted.
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2020, 10:38:24 am »
My guess:  Hitler, Sirhan Sirhan, every confederate General, Mark David  Chapman and OJ?

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 12:08:47 pm »
Snowden is being considered?
he did expose stuff the Gov't was doing that was clearly illegal, so there is something to that
The whole Russian involvement just makes it weird with Trump
slack

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 11:00:01 am »
Anyone think that congress should act to remove this power temporarily
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 02:31:09 pm »

how would they do that?  the power of the pardon is literally written into the constitution.  would require an amendment.
<sig>

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 02:54:18 pm »

how would they do that?  the power of the pardon is literally written into the constitution.  would require an amendment.
Agreed, but I'm concerned he's going to "pardon the patriots"
(putting the riot back in patriot)
slack

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 03:05:26 pm »
Agreed, but I'm concerned he's going to "pardon the patriots"
(putting the riot back in patriot)

He 100% will so prepare yourself for it.
27>34

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 09:49:59 am »
final hours and a few pardons yet to deliver....

any guesses?

TigerKing
Assange
Capitol Rioters
Guy Fawkes
slack

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2021, 09:53:12 am »
final hours and a few pardons yet to deliver....

any guesses?

TigerKing
Assange
Capitol Rioters
Guy Fawkes
I predict none of these folks get one.
LVMH

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2021, 09:57:28 am »
I predict none of these folks get one.
you must be fun at parties
slack

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2021, 10:05:34 am »
LVMH

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2021, 04:58:03 pm »
Tigerking was trending on Twitter...but not related to the pardon...drats

but word is some weird limo is waiting to pick the tigerking up from prison
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1351621900640931841?s=20
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 05:05:10 pm by MyPillowLeader-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack