Author Topic: The Schadenfreude thread  (Read 39943 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Schadenfreude thread
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2021, 05:56:31 pm »
TBD if they take the hint.
I gotta imagine it's a badge of honor to have been scammed by the Cheeto

'This is weird and murky.' Trump SPAC deal values firm at more than $10 billion despite red flags

prevailing conspiracy theory is that this whole thing is a mechanism to get the donald paid.  he's keeping a list of all the "investors" (including those pitching into the $1 billion that must be raised outside of the SPAC deal). they're betting on him winning in 2024, at which time the "investors" will be calling in favors.  this same conspiracy holds that the digital media "company" will go nowhere, produce nothing, and the money will somehow "disappear"...
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2021, 01:47:32 pm »
you know what happens when you hype a stock with no fundamentals?  you get investigated by federal regulators.  shocking, i tell you.

While very probably true,  that's not why he's being investigated.  People get scammed out of false promising products all the time, which is why the IPO process requires so many disclosures before the IPO.

He's being investigated because he's violating the rules of SPACs.  SPACs must be created without knowing the purposes of the their eventual merger, otherwise you are deliberately flouting IPO rules (the merged company does not have to disclose as much when it joins an already listed SPAC).  Trump's people have orchestrated from the very beginning who would create the SPAC and what it would be for - merging with his company after it was created.  There is a paper trail a mile long on this one....   
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2021, 03:10:31 pm »

He's being investigated because he's violating the rules of SPACs.  SPACs must be created without knowing the purposes of the their eventual merger, otherwise you are deliberately flouting IPO rules (the merged company does not have to disclose as much when it joins an already listed SPAC).  Trump's people have orchestrated from the very beginning who would create the SPAC and what it would be for - merging with his company after it was created.  There is a paper trail a mile long on this one....   
I think this is really hard for people who didn't understand what a SPAC was before Trump went down this path to comprehend, but it really is extremely wild. He basically took out an advertisement to say "I AM GOING TO COMMIT A MAJOR FINANCIAL CRIME - WHO WANTS IN!?"
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2022, 02:34:47 pm »
eating their own:

Dan Crenshaw Withers Under Questioning From Young Woman, Gets Booed at Conservative Event
The lawmaker from Texas did not take kindly to a question about his recent comments about … Jesus being a superhero
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2022, 05:00:58 am »
Looks Like the Auction of Melania Trump’s First NFT Was Such a Dud She Had to Buy the Thing Herself
A crypto expert traced the sale on the Solana blockchain back to the creator's own address.

i imagine the convo that led to this situation went something like:

melania: donald, dahling, how can i make some money from our army of idiots?  you do it, so can't be so hard...

donald: just sell them something!  anything!  those fools will pay top dollar for any piece of crap with the trump name on it

m: but dahling, i don't want to sell cheap tchotchkes made in china - how gross.  how about i sell them nothing?  barron told me about this "crypto" thing that people pay for but you don't actually get anything in return.

d: like father like son!  yeah, book it...
<sig>

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2022, 07:42:35 am »
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 09:30:23 am by Gazpachatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2022, 04:10:23 am »
Jon Cooper @joncoopertweets
Trump is reportedly FURIOUS that the rollout of his Truth Social media platform has been dogged by numerous glitches and by far lower sign-ups than anticipated.

How does this make you feel? 😊

(lol)
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2022, 11:35:12 am »
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2022, 01:04:42 pm »
Right Wing politics in a nutshell

question, blah, blah, blah, question, How Dare You MSM ask me  about something I did, blah, blah, blather, blah, OPEN BORDERS, scurries off

https://twitter.com/MrOlmos/status/1503936754427973637
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2022, 12:35:09 pm »
Fla. law made school book bans easier. So one man challenged the Bible.
The man petitioning to ban the Bible says it is just as sexually explicit and violent as other books facing challenges
<sig>

« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2022, 12:41:41 pm »
The man petitioning to ban the Bible says it is just as sexually explicit and violent as other books facing challenges
Everyone on Twitter is acting like this is the greatest dunking on conservatives/troll job of all time but the Bible is already not taught in schools. Do you understand if a teacher in a public school pulled out a Bible and started including it in the lesson plan, they'd get fired? Rachel Maddow would be doing a live remote from the parking lot of that school right now. So stupid.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #131 on: May 02, 2022, 01:54:19 pm »
Everyone on Twitter is acting like this is the greatest dunking on conservatives/troll job of all time but the Bible is already not taught in schools. Do you understand if a teacher in a public school pulled out a Bible and started including it in the lesson plan, they'd get fired? Rachel Maddow would be doing a live remote from the parking lot of that school right now. So stupid.

it's not just about what's being taught in the classroom, it's what's available in the library - that's where most of the books are being banned from. 

are you saying that putting the bible in the same basket as the supposedly depraved and child-threatening books they are banning isn't a power-dunk?
<sig>

« Reply #132 on: May 02, 2022, 02:21:36 pm »
it's not just about what's being taught in the classroom, it's what's available in the library - that's where most of the books are being banned from. 

are you saying that putting the bible in the same basket as the supposedly depraved and child-threatening books they are banning isn't a power-dunk?
Do you think there is a copy of religious texts sitting in public school libraries now? I honestly don't know. I'd assume not?

Even if it is, no, I don't think this is a power-dunk at all. Its very corny.
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #133 on: May 02, 2022, 05:12:18 pm »

Do you think there is a copy of religious texts sitting in public school libraries now? I honestly don't know. I'd assume not?

Even if it is, no, I don't think this is a power-dunk at all. Its very corny.

Teaching the text is one thing; having it available is another. The Bible is the most quoted book of all time. No doubt there are dozens of books on the shelves of any high school library that contain Bible quotes. It's basically a reference book; it's okay for students to check a source for its context.
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2022, 06:49:44 pm »
^^I wept.^^