Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president... again?  (Read 9160 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president... again?
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2024, 07:24:14 am »
Only the most depraved person could go out and say school shootings are “a fact of life”.  I hope the H/W campaign put that on loop.  Nothing like winning over those suburban moms.  And short of the couch humper committing murder, we are stuck with that bottom feeder regardless of the outcome of the election.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2024, 07:34:56 am »
For someone in politics he seems pretty impolitic but unfortunately he is correct: school shootings are a fact of life. I am glad they arrested the father for buying him the weapon for Christmas.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2024, 08:01:50 am »
For someone in politics he seems pretty impolitic but unfortunately he is correct: school shootings are a fact of life. I am glad they arrested the father for buying him the weapon for Christmas.

The thing is school shooting should not be a fact of life and this was the most craven way to kowtow to people who care more about their guns then actual human lives...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2024, 09:00:43 am »
Well I don’t disagree with you…it was an outrageous thing to say…but it’s true.

The bigger outrage is that what he said is true.

I just read last night that they found some kids with guns in south Arlington who might have been planning something. It’s getting closer and closer. I didn’t really know what to say to my soon to be 15 year old this morning. I can’t even guarantee his safety in school…

hutch

« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2024, 09:08:35 am »
Sabato moves MT senate to leans Republican. Tester is in trouble. If that seat goes R republicans could have 51-49 majority in senate. Democrats could end up really missing Manchin. Honestly, Senate looks lost.

A friend of mine about a month ago told me Manchin showed up at his bar and he shook Joe’s hand and said “Senator I would have voted for you for president.” Puke. This guy is an anti-Trump republican who spends his nights trashing democrats. When he started in on Harris I said “Dude I just don’t want to hear it..you have a problem with every democratic woman.” He was kind of shocked, took exception and protested but it’s true and I insisted I didn’t want to hear it: he couldn’t stand Hillary, detests Pelosi and now can’t stand Harris.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 09:19:57 am by hutch »

« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2024, 09:12:26 am »
I didn’t really know what to say to my soon to be 15 year old this morning. I can’t even guarantee his safety in school…
kids today can't enjoy the naiveté we did.  when I was a teen, most if not all of the kids were blind to most current events...especially the horrid ones.  Today my kids are in the loop of it all, they get their news from tic tok which isn't much better, but I'm shocked to hear their take on current events at times.
Just wish they could be kids while they are kids
I've spent a lifetime acting like a kid as an adult, but I at least got to be a kid when I was one
slack