Author Topic: Rescued from the bin: comments you thought better about posting  (Read 5150 times)

Space Freely

Re: Rescued from the bin: comments you thought better about posting
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 04:05:41 pm »
I also don't fear being around potentially unvaccinated strangers, given that I myself am fully vaccinated.

but you think people should wear a mask at a soccer field while vaccinated!!! Makes no sense!

250+ new cases in Fairfax County yesterday, despite 40% of the population having one or more shots, and even more having had it. Where do you think the spread is happening?

Why are you so anti-masking?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:07:27 pm by Space Freely »

hutch

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 04:34:45 pm »
I would like to go back to what Smackie said

I will put $200 to sending Ford, Rhett, Sergio Garcia the golfer  or whatever name he goes by this week to Burning man in exchange for reports

Just tell your wife you are speaking at some Treasury Department conference about how I am getting screwed by not buying Bitcoin

brennser

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2021, 04:52:48 pm »
I also don't fear being around potentially unvaccinated strangers, given that I myself am fully vaccinated.

but you think people should wear a mask at a soccer field while vaccinated!!! Makes no sense!

250+ new cases in Fairfax County yesterday, despite 40% of the population having one or more shots, and even more having had it. Where do you think the spread is happening?

He's not anti mask. He's anti mask when outdoors with people who are all also vaccinated. There's a big difference.

Its hard for me to follow exactly but Rhett if you really did say you don't fear being around potentially unvaccinated people given that you are vaccinated, how can you have an issue w Yada expressing frustration at the fact that in this area even if you are all vaccinated AND outside that there is social pressure to continue to wear masks.

Was in Nola last week and they are handling it perfectly appropriately. Mask wearing requested (and mostly obeyed) in indoor public areas (hotel lobby, elevators, moving around restaurants etc) but rest of the time no masks (actually about 35-50% mask wearing outside I'd guess). Was in more bars and restaurants in one long weekend than the entire previous year because I knew that I and all the people in close proximity to me were all vaccinated.

Yada

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2021, 04:53:20 pm »
Yada is being kind of dickish lately....

Because I have a differing opinion of how we should proceed now that people are vaxxed? How is that dickish?

Yada

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2021, 04:54:56 pm »

Where do you think the spread is happening?

Not at all football sized field with approximately 12 people and six of them vaccinated, the other six people fully masked and under the age of 7.

Yada

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 04:55:29 pm »

He's not anti mask. He's anti mask when outdoors with people who are all also vaccinated. There's a big difference.

Its hard for me to follow exactly but Rhett if you really did say you don't fear being around potentially unvaccinated people given that you are vaccinated, how can you have an issue w Yada expressing frustration at the fact that in this area even if you are all vaccinated AND outside that there is social pressure to continue to wear masks.

Was in Nola last week and they are handling it perfectly appropriately. Mask wearing requested (and mostly obeyed) in indoor public areas (hotel lobby, elevators, moving around restaurants etc) but rest of the time no masks (actually about 35-50% mask wearing outside I'd guess). Was in more bars and restaurants in one long weekend than the entire previous year because I knew that I and all the people in close proximity to me were all vaccinated.

Space Freely

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 05:05:18 pm »

Pfizer and Moderna were 95% effective, not 100%. They were 100% effective at preventing hospitalization and death. So while I don't fear catching a minor case of it, I do fear spreading it. So I'll keep the mask on where i can't social distance.

And I don't trust people enough to believe them when they tell me they're vaccinated. They'll need to show me their passport.

brennser

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 05:09:39 pm »

Pfizer and Moderna were 95% effective, not 100%. They were 100% effective at preventing hospitalization and death. So while I don't fear catching a minor case of it, I do fear spreading it. So I'll keep the mask on where i can't social distance.

And I don't trust people enough to believe them when they tell me they're vaccinated. They'll need to show me their passport.

Even though science shows that outdoor transmission is unlikely / rare? So you'll wear a mask at shows later this year?

Space Freely

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 05:15:08 pm »

Even though science shows that outdoor transmission is unlikely / rare? So you'll wear a mask at shows later this year?

At a large  outdoor gathering or rally, yes I would still wear the mask.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/13/covid-outside-safety/

A database of published studies and government and media reports on coronavirus clusters identified worldwide through August was compiled by researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. It found that 96 percent were associated with indoor settings, though they noted that few reports have emerged from low- and lower-middle-income countries. The rare outdoor examples, the researchers wrote, were mostly associated with mass gatherings, including a market and a rally.
Another paper examined the effects of 18 of President Donald Trump’s campaign rallies, 15 of which were outdoors, and found that they may have significantly increased cases in the counties that hosted them.

brennser

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 05:16:32 pm »

A database of published studies and government and media reports on coronavirus clusters identified worldwide through August was compiled by researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. It found that 96 percent were associated with indoor settings, though they noted that few reports have emerged from low- and lower-middle-income countries. The rare outdoor examples, the researchers wrote, were mostly associated with mass gatherings, including a market and a rally.
Another paper examined the effects of 18 of President Donald Trump’s campaign rallies, 15 of which were outdoors, and found that they may have significantly increased cases in the counties that hosted them.

Does Yada standing outside on a soccer field with 5 other vaccinated adults count as a mass outdoor gathering?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 05:27:53 pm »
Depends. What's their mass?

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2021, 05:30:51 pm »
what if it was a bunch of dudes from West Roxbury?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 05:33:10 pm »

Does Yada standing outside on a soccer field with 5 other vaccinated adults count as a mass outdoor gathering?

I don't recall what thread it was, but I remember it as five other couples. If you went to an orgy of a dozen people at Burning Man, would you rawdog it as long as everyone claimed to be STD free?

Any I'm pretty sure Hutch is giving Yada way more judgy comments than me on this.

hutch

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 05:39:13 pm »
I don’t think Yada is doing anything I can even frown on...it all sounds pretty responsible

Now this one somewhat casual  friend of mine - a really good guy but obsessed with sports- who has four boys and every day of the week they are doing some youth sports and even traveling out of state for events or coaching...all he posts about on FB is his kids at baseball or swim meets or football like every day! That’s another matter..I get it you are trying to raise athletes but come on! There is a pandemic going on!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:41:17 pm by hutch »

brennser

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 05:39:54 pm »

Where do you think the spread is happening?

Not at all football sized field with approximately 12 people and six of them vaccinated, the other six people fully masked and under the age of 7.

It was 6 vaccinated adults and 6 masked unvaccinated 7 year olds outdoors. To me, ideal conditions for vaccinated adults to be unmasked. And yes my arguments are as much directed against hutch as you. Burning Man raw dogging not a good (anal)ogy.  8)