Author Topic: Post a picture of yourself thread  (Read 5599 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Post a picture of yourself thread
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 05:07:15 pm »
speaking of end-of-pandemic cranial defoliation: i had told myself that once i got my second shot i would go baldface again... but, as usual, i haven't done it yet.  i have made up the excuse that i have another 2 weeks, until i have full immunity.  i'm kind of enjoying the laziness of not having to shave (just need a trim with the clippers every 2 weeks), but i'm not crazy about the fuzzy look. 

i'm contemplating going clean-shaven in phases, doing something artistic with my beard along the way - AKA pissing off the wife.  full mutton chops?  goatee from hell?  hairy zip-zag from ear to chin?  leprechaun's chin-only special?  so many options...

<sig>

Yada

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2021, 05:33:39 pm »
Gee thanks guys!

I call this my “Chris Cornell”

I haven’t had a haircut in over a year.. once I  am fully vaccinated it’s happening.. this has made me realize what a giant pain long hair is

You definitely make a case for wanting to wear a mask at all times.

hutch

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2021, 05:56:31 pm »
Yada is right

Space Freely

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2021, 07:49:37 pm »
speaking of end-of-pandemic cranial defoliation: i had told myself that once i got my second shot i would go baldface again... but, as usual, i haven't done it yet.  i have made up the excuse that i have another 2 weeks, until i have full immunity.  i'm kind of enjoying the laziness of not having to shave (just need a trim with the clippers every 2 weeks), but i'm not crazy about the fuzzy look. 

i'm contemplating going clean-shaven in phases, doing something artistic with my beard along the way - AKA pissing off the wife.  full mutton chops?  goatee from hell?  hairy zip-zag from ear to chin?  leprechaun's chin-only special?  so many options...

Do you go to a barber for a shave? I'm trying to figure out why shaving one's beard would be tied to waiting until one is fully vaccinated.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2021, 07:57:10 pm »
Do you go to a barber for a shave? I'm trying to figure out why shaving one's beard would be tied to waiting until one is fully vaccinated.

i'm entirely self-groomed.  haven't been to a barber in maybe 15 years.  the missus is responsible/to blame for my hair, i do the beard.

no, the origin of this desire to shave upon immunity is tied to the fact that i started growing this face-fur when the pandemic started.  this is the first time in my entire life i've had a face full of fuzz.  i like the look of being clean-shaven, but it's a pain in the ass to keep up.  when the office shut down and work-from-home started last year, i stopped shaving.  so in my mind, beard = pandemic (aren't you somewhat similar with your hair?).  so end of (personal) pandemic = end of beard, logically (at least to my mind).  so that's the theory.  in practice, i'm still a lazy fuck who can't seem to get it together to fire up the clippers and mow that cheek-grass.  but it'll happen.  eventually.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 03:29:02 pm »
https://ibb.co/xJ4WjBQ

First haircut since March 10,2020.

Time for some rock shows.

hutch

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 03:34:44 pm »
I think that’s an improvement but I liked the other pic too

I actually can’t wait to get my haircut

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 04:42:34 pm »
that punching bag doesn't look like it's ever been hit
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2021, 04:55:27 pm »

i mean, his wife is rough on him, but i wouldn't call him a punching bag... maybe more of a scratching post.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 04:57:51 pm »

i mean, his wife is rough on him, but i wouldn't call him a punching bag... maybe more of a scratching post.

;D

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:45:44 am by excontradiction »

hutch

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2021, 05:22:11 pm »
Damn dude you look super fit!

Did the guy in front of you make it?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2021, 05:24:31 pm »
Damn dude you look super fit!

Did the guy in front of you make it?

Anyone who is smiling in that picture pulled it together for the camera.  This was about mile 16 on an 85 degree day. That guy is how we were all really feeling.

hutch

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 05:28:07 pm »
Ok good.. no pain no gain!!

Some guys around here could benefit from joining you

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 05:35:27 pm »

I was hoping someone would go there...
slack