Author Topic: First time at Wolf Trap for B&S, any suggestions?  (Read 15678 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: First time at Wolf Trap for B&S, any suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2022, 01:34:20 pm »
Wanna go to this but wish japanese breakfast isn't on the bill....this will prob cut B&S set by 30 min

730-8. Los bitchos
830-930 JB
10-11 B&S

11 is curfew
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2022, 01:59:00 pm »
protip: to kill time while waiting for the show to start, engage in a game of "spot the visible minority."  it's surprisingly hard challenge at a B&S show - the Duotrigordle of the concert-people-watching world.  i love me some Stuart Murdoch & Co., but.... VANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLA

Does Sukie not attend your B&S show?
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2022, 02:14:17 pm »
Works better at a Wilco show

protip: to kill time while waiting for the show to start, engage in a game of "spot the visible minority."  it's surprisingly hard challenge at a B&S show - the Duotrigordle of the concert-people-watching world.  i love me some Stuart Murdoch & Co., but.... VANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLA
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 02:27:09 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

Starsky

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2022, 03:40:22 pm »
Pavilion drink policy was updated a few years ago. You must purchase a Wolf Trap plastic cup with snap lid, but once you have that, you can bring the drink to the seat. You still have to leave your cooler on the side.  Can confirm one bottle of wine splits perfectly between two Wolf Trap cups.

Now see: useful info!!

Thanks

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2022, 03:42:34 pm »

"while waiting for the show to start"
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2022, 03:49:21 pm »
Wanna go to this but wish japanese breakfast isn't on the bill....this will prob cut B&S set by 30 min

730-8. Los bitchos
830-930 JB
10-11 B&S

11 is curfew

does JB have co-billing with B&S?  do you really expect their set to be as long as the headliners?

i'm completely uninformed here, but i'd expect something like:
730-8. Los bitchos
815-9 JB
930-11 B&S

(make minor adjustments as needed, 8:20 instead of 815, etc.)
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2022, 04:00:49 pm »
I like to play it while watching SEC football games with the proviso that it only counts if the person is a paid ticket holder.

TAN: i used the word "proviso" at work yesterday, and people were utterly confused.  "we can deploy on the 28th, with the proviso that we get signoff from QA by the 17th" = blank stares.  you'd think i was speaking latin...
<sig>

Bagley

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2022, 04:02:09 pm »

730-8. Los bitchos
830-930 JB
10-11 B&S

11 is curfew

does JB have co-billing with B&S?  do you really expect their set to be as long as the headliners?

Yes, it appears that a co-headliner billing is the case.

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 04:10:07 pm »

"while waiting for the show to start"

How rude!
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2022, 05:51:04 pm »
Japanese Breakfast should be headlining. She put out one one the best albums AND one of the best books of 2021, and just playedSNL.

Belle and Sebastian was only a decent live  band in their prime, which was 15+ years ago.

lily1

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2022, 06:12:55 pm »
If you are taking metro there, price out how much it would cost to ride share back to DC. It is an utter PITA to get home via public transport from Wolftrap. It's taken me up to 2 hours in years past to come home and I live on the southern end of DC (shuttle bus, to just missed the orange line at west falls church and wait 18 minutes to l'enfant to transfer and wait another 20 minutes for that line). Getting out is fine during the work week due to enhanced trains (well, not now, thanks WMATA) but getting home kills your good music vibe.

You can bring water bottles into the pavillion. Just not food or something that isn't concealed in a water bottle. Any coolers/blankets/etc you can leave on the side but not bring in.

I was just there for Gypsy Kings on Sunday and it was a really lovely experience.

I'm sure the B&S will be great; I'm going too, but I wish it was just them for a solid 2 hours and no one else!

Starsky

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2022, 07:55:26 pm »
Totally! Rent a ride share car

The public transport option is horrible

Yada

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2022, 10:08:25 pm »
Even space doesn't metro to wolf trap. My god, sounds like torture (outside of Belle and Sébastien)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2022, 09:36:46 am »

Who cares?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2022, 09:37:06 am »
If you are taking metro there, price out how much it would cost to ride share back to DC. It is an utter PITA to get home via public transport from Wolftrap. It's taken me up to 2 hours in years past to come home and I live on the southern end of DC (shuttle bus, to just missed the orange line at west falls church and wait 18 minutes to l'enfant to transfer and wait another 20 minutes for that line). Getting out is fine during the work week due to enhanced trains (well, not now, thanks WMATA) but getting home kills your good music vibe.

You can bring water bottles into the pavillion. Just not food or something that isn't concealed in a water bottle. Any coolers/blankets/etc you can leave on the side but not bring in.

I was just there for Gypsy Kings on Sunday and it was a really lovely experience.

I'm sure the B&S will be great; I'm going too, but I wish it was just them for a solid 2 hours and no one else!

Thanks for the suggestion!