Author Topic: What song turned you into a Swiftie?  (Read 5488 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: What song turned you into a Swiftie?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2023, 03:08:57 pm »
i don't think you should equate your life/family experiences as the norm.

They are actually pretty tolerant.  My daughter even had a phase for a bit where she requested the BHS song Sweat Loaf when we'd drive to school

I'm the one that got my kids into her, oddly enough.  They're not biting with Butthole Surfers or Jesus Lizard, tho. Idiots

Do they demand that you turn off your "garbage music" when you play the latter?

Wait until they're 16 or 17. Your cute musically tolerant kids will turn into musically intolerant, spoiled (but loveable) assholes.

Space Freely

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2023, 03:35:26 pm »
i don't think you should equate your life/family experiences as the norm.

They are actually pretty tolerant.  My daughter even had a phase for a bit where she requested the BHS song Sweat Loaf when we'd drive to school

I'm the one that got my kids into her, oddly enough.  They're not biting with Butthole Surfers or Jesus Lizard, tho. Idiots

Do they demand that you turn off your "garbage music" when you play the latter?

Wait until they're 16 or 17. Your cute musically tolerant kids will turn into musically intolerant, spoiled (but loveable) assholes.

Says the guy who can't name a single Taylor Swift song.

nkotb

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2023, 03:42:10 pm »
I'm still a bit away (13 and 11), but so far, I'm honestly surprised at how much our kids still like us.  At this age, I was boarded up in my room, barely talking to my parents at dinner, and generally embarrassed to be seen in public with them.  My kids still want to hang out and seem genuinely happy to be around us.  I wish I knew what we were doing, though I am ready for the other shoe to drop. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 03:54:15 pm »
I'm still a bit away (13 and 11), but so far, I'm honestly surprised at how much our kids still like us.  At this age, I was boarded up in my room, barely talking to my parents at dinner, and generally embarrassed to be seen in public with them.  My kids still want to hang out and seem genuinely happy to be around us.  I wish I knew what we were doing, though I am ready for the other shoe to drop. 
Send them here. We'll set them straight.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2023, 03:54:38 pm »

Good for you guys! Hope it continues.

Truthfully, our kid does too. I think today's generation of parents are, for better or worse, on more of a friendship level than the parents/kids of yesteryear. Or maybe it's a class thing. I grew up decidedly working class, and my parent's parenting style was far different than ours (meaning my wife's...I don't really get a say in setting the parenting tone....I'm told how to be. Which is fine, most of the time)

That friendship approach obviously translates to kids liking their parents more. But the lack of rules and consequences (at least in our case) can lead to the kid sometimes thinking the world revolves around them and they can say whatever they want. Which of course, they can..when there's no consquences.

I wonder what Taylor's relationship with her parents was like.

Hutch

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2023, 06:03:20 pm »
Every generation thinks they got it figured out….

notme

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2023, 09:16:12 pm »
How soon until Taylor looks like her mother?

Space Freely

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2023, 09:24:52 pm »
How soon until Taylor looks like her mother?

Her mom is 65 and has cancer. So hopefully not for awhile.