Author Topic: post-2022 - deplorables in disarray thread  (Read 113429 times)

Starsky

Re: post-2022 - deplorables in disarray thread
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2023, 09:10:39 am »
You can’t even begin to compare their track record and experience. They are not in the same league.

I get it though…liberals love her. She has funny pictures and memes.

Who cares though? It’s California. We don’t live there so we can’t vote and a liberal will be selected. By the way has Diane announced she is not running? Guess I missed the announcement.

Looking forward to to the hundred million dollars they will waste on the primary.

I doubt Schiff will win because being a white man these days is tantamount to being an evil person.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:13:13 am by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2023, 09:17:37 am »
Boy I really packed a lot of negativity in that post. A+

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2023, 10:56:34 am »
Anyone catch the current Faux News, etc outrage over the PS5 having a power saver mode?  Apparently, (check notes) it's because Sony is going woke because of climate change.

an actual exchange on Faux news

Earhardt: "Xbox has also announced that they're going woke because of climate change"

Failla: "They're trying to recruit your kids into climate politics at an earlier age"

E: "They're going after the kids"

wait until the MAGA crowd get a load of Energy Star and really hope that some PS5s get smashed by these numbskulls..
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2023, 11:39:47 am »
"we want you to spend more on electricity, because MAGA!!!111"
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2023, 11:41:38 am »
Reading the Porter v Schiff responses on Twitter reminds me of one of the weirdest phenomenons around politics -- that no one seems able to process or acknowledge that their viewpoint (while possibly correct) may not be the majority viewpoint.

Someone who likes Japanese Pro Wrestling gets that its a niche thing. They understand it is not as popular in this country as the NFL and they readily admit and it doesn't decrease their enjoyment of it.

This doesn't happen in politics. Bernie Bros and Trump Stans literally cannot come up with a way their candidate lost an election outside of nefarious cheating. And you see the exact same thing here. The # of very online progressive people who legitimately think Porter will get 80+% of the vote over Schiff are legion. Its not that they think Porter should win; they live in such a bubble that they legitimately do not experience people who might like an actual politician with a history of measured successes (they call this "center-right liberalism") over a meme machine.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2023, 12:13:53 pm »
^ people laughed at trump coming down that escalator in 2015, too.  he beat a pile of  actual politicians with histories of measured successes.
<sig>

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2023, 12:18:52 pm »
^ people laughed at trump coming down that escalator in 2015, too.  he beat a pile of  actual politicians with histories of measured successes.
What does that have to do with what I'm talking about? I am not suggesting Katie Porter cannot win that primary; I am simply shaking my head in confusion at the young progressive online wing that cannot fathom any outcome other than her absolutely cakewalking to victory and who cannot so much as imagine a Democratic voter who would consider voting for any other candidate.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2023, 12:42:38 pm »
What does that have to do with what I'm talking about? I am not suggesting Katie Porter cannot win that primary; I am simply shaking my head in confusion at the young progressive online wing that cannot fathom any outcome other than her absolutely cakewalking to victory and who cannot so much as imagine a Democratic voter who would consider voting for any other candidate.

And we ignore that Barbara Lee is also in the race.

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2023, 12:53:37 pm »
The youthful alternative to Feinstein the people of California have been clamoring for!
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2023, 12:58:21 pm »
Good point…..I don’t remember if she formally announced but I read she was running….

If Schiff didn’t earn his bonafides during the Trump presidency I don’t know what to say! And many of the same liberals who wanted him to run for president three years ago when he was going on liberal outlets like Bill Maher are now going for Porter. Yes, I am looking at you Sidehatch.

gavroche

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2023, 12:59:25 pm »
The youthful alternative to Feinstein the people of California have been clamoring for!

The Black woman with a strong track record that progressives are always clammering for.  It's fine (and telling) if youth trumps diversity... but that hasn't been the message so far.

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2023, 07:55:05 pm »
Yes, I am looking at you Sidehatch.
I feel seen

I do think of AS in very high regard
I think Katie is no slouch
Yes she is a ‘meme machine’ but people it’s 2023 that shit matters
Shift has a wet sticky limp handshake kinda vibe no matter what cred he has and just doesn’t sell in the Twitterverse
We are sooo far away, kinda seems silly to invest any brainpower now
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2023, 03:22:06 pm »
and so it begins: the great reckoning...

Nikki Haley poised to enter 2024 presidential race
The former South Carolina governor is set to launch a run on Feb. 15.

gawd, can you imagine if our first female president is a GOP'er?  we'll never hear the end of it...
<sig>

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2023, 03:30:05 pm »
and so it begins: the great reckoning...

Nikki Haley poised to enter 2024 presidential race
The former South Carolina governor is set to launch a run on Feb. 15.

gawd, can you imagine if our first female president is a GOP'er?  we'll never hear the end of it...
I don’t think we need to worry all that much about the possibility of Nikki Haley winning the Presidency.
LVMH

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2023, 03:41:45 pm »
Can confirm
slack