Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 52481 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2022, 05:03:41 pm »
Always though Iowa was a joke place to start

an effective way of ensuring white political privilege.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2022, 06:16:28 pm »
I think this is a great idea.
Always though Iowa was a joke place to start

Democrats voted to remove Iowa as the leadoff state on the presidential nominating calendar and replace it with South Carolina starting in 2024

Iowa was traditionally a swing state so it made sense. It is not now. Fortunately they’ve fixed that by moving to a state that’s always up for grabs: South Carolina.
LVMH

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2022, 06:46:19 pm »
Does that mean that Iowa where the GOP will start?
Not remembering how this works

I mean last time was such a joke with the GOP with a bunch of states just canceling the primaries where other states were holding them
slack

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2022, 11:38:24 pm »
An interesting take

The DNC has voted to approve a White House plan of moving South Carolina to the front of the line of the 2024 calendar, followed by Nevada and New Hampshire and onto Georgia and Michigan before Super Tuesday. Call it the President Biden re-election protection act.
slack

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2022, 01:37:41 am »
An interesting take

The DNC has voted to approve a White House plan of moving South Carolina to the front of the line of the 2024 calendar, followed by Nevada and New Hampshire and onto Georgia and Michigan before Super Tuesday. Call it the President Biden re-election protection act.
Its Biden’s nomination if he wants it regardless of state order.

This is really pretty good aside from SC (which is meant as a gesture to black voters but is electorally brain dead). The other states are fantastic.
LVMH

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2022, 01:38:44 am »
The really under-discussed repercussion of this is how many political ads am I going to have to see during Michigan games next fall and winter 2024 as a result of this?
LVMH

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2022, 11:49:06 pm »
From Ole billy k

Unsettling news:

Election-denier Lake got 49.7% in AZ.

Super-flawed candidate Walker got ~48.5% in GA.

Johnson won WI with 50.5%.

So those states are very much in play for 2024. If my EC math is right, if Rs add those three to states they won in 2020, they win the presidency.
slack

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2022, 10:20:39 am »
bring on the GOP shitshow 2024. 
My prediction is trump will continue to run and grift.  Then continue to throw hand grenades in every direction.  At both the dems and GOP. then will lose the first few states and realize there is no chance and drop out late in the game.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2022/12/13/trump-support-gop-2024-presidential-race-poll/10882346002/
this has got to be the smallest his base has ever been
31% want the former president to run
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2022, 01:35:34 pm »
My prediction is trump will continue to run and grift.  Then continue to throw hand grenades in every direction.  At both the dems and GOP. then will lose the first few states and realize there is no chance and drop out late in the game.

alternate ending: he loses the republican nom, so starts his own party and runs as a third-party candidate.  the GOP begs him not to, rightly predicting that he'll split the conservative vote thus ensuring that the Dems keep the WH.  trump won't care, because continued campaigning = continued grifting and he'll be aware this will be his last big chance to fleece the flock.  dems could run biden's corps and they'd still win (probably will ;D ).  trump is happy to murder the GOP in 2024 in return for cold hard cash.

epilogue: trump disappears, but his party remains.  more competent right-wing nationalists who can form complete sentences rise in the ranks and vie for the conservative vote against a fading GOP.  trump dies, but trumpism lives on.
<sig>

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2022, 01:45:23 pm »
alternate ending: he loses the republican nom, so starts his own party and runs as a third-party candidate.  the GOP begs him not to, rightly predicting that he'll split the conservative vote thus ensuring that the Dems keep the WH.
this is my dream.   I've predicted this more than once, and so far have only felt foolish making that prediction

trump won't care
almost implying that he once did care

trump dies, but trumpism lives on.
ultimately the biggest threat we face.  But it's very cult of personality, as we've seen Desantis or Don Jr clearly doesn't satisfy the hard core MAGA
I think in the end that 10-15 million MAGA voters will go back to under their rocks and won't vote in future presidential elections and that too may be the kill shot of what the GOP is today

only wild card on all of this is if the GOP really starts to lean into the Hispanic vote.  It's not like they haven't done 180s multiple times on this topic in decades, biggest issue would be getting the GOP to shed its xenophobic and white supremist tendencies.  They could easily gain 10 +mil voters here if done right

as a case could be made there are more 'getable' Hispanics than crazy white MAGAs
slack

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2022, 10:17:10 am »
slack

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2023, 04:53:02 pm »
Sidehatch seal of approval for this nickname

Pudding Paws

Felt this was a nothingburger story, but this nickname makes it all worth it
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2023, 05:04:03 pm »

Pudding Paws

I'm a bit more troubled by the way he runs Florida than by the way he eats pudding.

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2023, 07:25:31 pm »

Pudding Paws

I'm a bit more troubled by the way he runs Florida than by the way he eats pudding.
let me be clear, I'm 100% ok with using your digits to get to the bottom of a pudding cup
So that wasn't a ding in my eyes
slack

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2023, 12:40:13 pm »
Robert F Kennedy Jr has filed election paperwork to run for US president in 2024 as a Democrat.

Other than he has less chance than Marianne Williams at winning the nomination, can he file when Biden still hasn't announced?
slack