Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 97870 times)

Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #795 on: September 29, 2024, 11:17:46 am »
Who is going
https://jointheresistance.org/

All this whining that dc never gets the big names

Also, I always thought the Rasmussen report were crap, now we have proof

Leaked emails reveal the truth about Rasmussen Reports—and the way the Trump campaign is breaking election law.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 11:22:28 am by Hatch, guerrilla-poserll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

nkotb

« Reply #796 on: September 29, 2024, 11:21:19 am »
*taps the sign*

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #797 on: September 29, 2024, 11:56:30 am »
Does it make vegan pizza?
I don’t see why it couldn’t?
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #798 on: September 29, 2024, 02:43:17 pm »
Who is going
https://jointheresistance.org/

All this whining that dc never gets the big names

Also, I always thought the Rasmussen report were crap, now we have proof

Leaked emails reveal the truth about Rasmussen Reports—and the way the Trump campaign is breaking election law.

When Rob Schneider is your headliner....

Skillet is such a pathetically generic "cool" name that there are two guys on the roster using it.

(Or one skillet is listed twice, but does it really matter?)

Ah, Zuby. Hip-hop's #1 right wing useful idiot.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #799 on: October 02, 2024, 11:56:49 am »
The Harris campaign reminds me of Clinton in 2016. They act as if they are going to win and can run out the clock. They don’t talk policy and limit media exposure. It’s weird because I think Trump is the clear front runner currently and we are only about a month out. Harris in 2024 is like Clinton in 2016: hey things are going pretty well so stick with us democrats. I don’t find this a compelling message.

evilizac

« Reply #800 on: October 02, 2024, 12:10:10 pm »
The Harris campaign reminds me of Clinton in 2016. They act as if they are going to win and can run out the clock. They don’t talk policy and limit media exposure. It’s weird because I think Trump is the clear front runner currently and we are only about a month out. Harris in 2024 is like Clinton in 2016: hey things are going pretty well so stick with us democrats. I don’t find this a compelling message.
This is 100% what I'm feeling and worried about. I don't know fully if they're running things differently and we don't see it here locally, ie. things like supposedly spending more on ground game than Clinton did, but it feels real similar with things like margin of error fluctuations in polls and seemingly not hitting them hard enough on his/their bullshit. Again, maybe we see less of that here in a trio of minimal or non-swing districts. My only personal "hopium" thought is that it shouldn't be possible, accounting for variables, to run the same inputs twice (boiled down, Trump v. woman professional politician) and end up with the same outcome. By variables meaning that Harris is less "disliked" than Trump. He is no longer an unknown (for some voters that might be a net negative against Harris, so who knows), age gap sentiment. There should be some lessons learned from 2016. All that said, who knows.
   I'm surrounded by folks for whom a second Trump term could spell personal negative impacts for (mainly on immigration front), but even they are cavalier about how he's clearly a successful businessman (I mean a good conman, is technically a good businessman) and that Harris is a number of insulting things (a fool, a whore, a liar, an antisemite). The fact that those folks are that forthright in their opinion has me absolutely worried for what this country will look like going forward. At best a dystopia of end-stage capitalism, at worst. . . Idiocracy meets The Purge. Maybe I need to stop drinking at work.   
WHAT?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #801 on: October 02, 2024, 04:02:18 pm »
It’s weird because I think Trump is the clear front runner currently

genuinely curious, what do you see that i don't?  in my view, neither is a clear front-runner.  trump was in the lead following the RNC, the switch to Kamala swung momentum back to the dems, and now it's an unclear toss-up... entirely IMO.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #802 on: October 02, 2024, 04:11:04 pm »
not hitting them hard enough on his/their bullshit.

the whole pronouns thing isn't a winning issue for the Dems.  drop it already.
<sig>

evilizac

« Reply #803 on: October 02, 2024, 04:31:55 pm »
It’s weird because I think Trump is the clear front runner currently

genuinely curious, what do you see that i don't?  in my view, neither is a clear front-runner.  trump was in the lead following the RNC, the switch to Kamala swung momentum back to the dems, and now it's an unclear toss-up... entirely IMO.
I feel like the change might have added more noise, than signal to the signal. Obvs. that Joe was way unpopular, but the exuberance might have masked the insidious stickiness of the Trump grift and show. Whenever I heard people digging into the numbers, he's built on his minority numbers, his youth vote numbers and really kind of everything, except for college educated (mainly) whites (as noted per the writing). I mean it was neck and neck in 2016 as well. I've been looking for comparisons between this time in 2016 and now and I haven't had luck in finding solid side-by-sides, mainly just think pieces about how the Harris campaign has supposedly learned from Clinton's mistakes.   
WHAT?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #804 on: October 02, 2024, 05:05:50 pm »
I think likability may be a factor. For all her accomplishments, Hillary Clinton wasn't particularly likable. Even worse, she campaigned as if she was entitled to the office. Kamala Harris seems much more likable, and since she was very suddenly thrust into the position of the Democratic Party candidate, she hasn't had time to develop an "I deserve this" attitude.
😐 🎶

hutch

« Reply #805 on: October 02, 2024, 10:29:23 pm »
If you compare poll numbers at this point four years ago Trump is up 4 in swing states and 5 nationally. Likewise up vs 2016.

That, just for starters

hutch

« Reply #806 on: October 02, 2024, 10:38:38 pm »
Polls don’t matter much five months out but one month out??

hutch

« Reply #807 on: October 02, 2024, 11:34:39 pm »
It’s also a gut instinct thing…I just feel that fundamentally a majority of Americans like Trump. It took Covid - more than anything- to defeat him.

I have never seen as many Trump signs as current in Arlington which votes 80-20 D.

Also look at Trump’s numbers with Latinos. They like him! I mean he is up to over 40% of Latinos.

And then you got the D debacle of ditching Joe and replacing him with Harris with no primaries no challenge and she picks Walz. She is going to lose Pennsylvania. I can feel it.

Of course I hope I am wrong. Wouldn’t be the millionth time. I am wrong regularly.

hutch

« Reply #808 on: October 02, 2024, 11:40:10 pm »
Also, I was wrong about inflation impacting midterms. I just think it took a little while for people to absorb the permanence of this effect. I mean I don’t know but aren’t you guys feeling the impact? I feel like things are tighter for my family.

hutch

« Reply #809 on: October 02, 2024, 11:50:06 pm »
And immigration..how hard is it for D to pretend to care??? Just announce some big plan about getting serious EVEN if it’s BS. I mean don’t just ignore the fact people feel D are soft on it!!!

Are we even trying to win??