Author Topic: LIVE at the Atlantis  (Read 62169 times)

BrettnotBritt

Re: LIVE at the Atlantis
« Reply #450 on: May 25, 2023, 01:12:22 pm »
 ;D

Yada

« Reply #451 on: May 25, 2023, 01:30:12 pm »
Look at the "man in black" hutch watching over the progress... I wish he had his top hat on.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #452 on: May 26, 2023, 09:17:20 am »
Is anyone interested in a free ticket to the soft opening grand finale on Monday?

No requirement to actually like the band, or even stay till the end. You don't even have to buy me a drink. You will get to see inside of our new third space before the bourgeoisie taint it with their complaints about expensive cocktails, poor sight lines and poorly conceived soap dispensers. This is your chance to see and be seen with the DC elite. No posers, boasters or ghosters.

$0.00 / obo

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #453 on: May 26, 2023, 12:06:17 pm »
Is anyone interested in a free ticket to the soft opening grand finale on Monday?

No requirement to actually like the band, or even stay till the end. You don't even have to buy me a drink. You will get to see inside of our new third space before the bourgeoisie taint it with their complaints about expensive cocktails, poor sight lines and poorly conceived soap dispensers. This is your chance to see and be seen with the DC elite. No posers, boasters or ghosters.

$0.00 / obo

claimed!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #454 on: May 26, 2023, 12:58:19 pm »
Ummm. Modern English "Face Value" exchange listed at $312 / ticket.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52926947542_e17a13ab0f_k.jpg

« Reply #455 on: May 27, 2023, 07:04:40 pm »
If anyone wants them
I’ve finally been able to sell my modern English and tank and the bangas tix
Going up now

Edit
Tank is gone
And ME is gone too
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 10:05:44 am by SideUAPhatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hemisphire

« Reply #456 on: May 28, 2023, 08:36:33 pm »
First impression: not exactly like the old club. The poles hardly are in your way, and your can breathe in the bathrooms. The balcony is nice, feels like half the old club, half the new.

« Reply #457 on: May 28, 2023, 09:17:25 pm »
Omg this place is awesome…. Although had to take a piss to get a signal
The rooftop deck is an outstanding addition
slack

« Reply #458 on: May 28, 2023, 09:54:48 pm »
Slight feel of old club.  The pole is there and the roof deck has a cool old dc vibe 

so got close on the feels

Feel of a well designed small venue-=priceless

Although in the only had one job section
The soap dispensers were not operational and jars of pump soft soap was your option

Ian spotted putting his hands in the air like he just didn’t care
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 09:57:19 pm by SideUAPhatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #459 on: May 28, 2023, 11:47:17 pm »
Place is great. Trouble Funk was a lot of fun. Can't imagine seeing the Foos in such a small place. Those lucky enough to get tix will have a blast. 

Vas Deferens

« Reply #460 on: May 29, 2023, 02:18:16 pm »
The Walkmen available
(_|_)

Hutch

« Reply #461 on: May 29, 2023, 02:30:48 pm »
I am bitter I had to miss it. Looks like everyone who is anyone was there…

Mothers….

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #462 on: May 29, 2023, 09:58:07 pm »
Pix tomorrow.  First impressions:

Sound is phenomenal as expected. Staph also well trained and highly professional.

Cool "corner stage" setup like DC9.

WFB has a 5-string bass....why???

No cell signal except on the excellent roof deck bar. There's a wifi network. What's the password?

The ground floor was bouncing when they played that song about walking 500 miles. Are we safe here?

There was a disturbing amount of airborne dust for what should be a pristine venue. What did you all do last night???

This place is fire. Literally. The fire alarm went off mid-set. A slight moment of confusion, but somebody just turned the alarm off and the band played on. Are we dead yet?

Seth showed up and played drums on a Foo song. The real drummer was better.

I gave the drummer a fist bump as he walked off the stage. He seemed annoyed, but I wasn't sure if that was directed at me or at Seth.

Spent most of the night stage right, behind the wheelchair section, at the bottom of the steps. Will be a repeat location if I arrive late.

Weird choice to have single occupancy restrooms. What's the worst that could happen? Is there money in selling broken soap dispensers and how do I make it?

Looking forward to seeing a real band here. And yes, those who got Foo tickets are in for a serious treat. I mean damn.

Hot take: I really don't like the Foos, but would see them here.

Nice touch with artwork / pix of the original location.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #463 on: May 29, 2023, 10:03:49 pm »
I'm not sure how I feel about all the fake graffiti.

Yada

« Reply #464 on: May 30, 2023, 07:50:05 am »
I agree with said hot take above... speaking of Foos... does anyone know a regular peasant that actually scored tickets to The Foos?

Gotta assume 95% or more are friends of 930, Seth, insiders,  VIPs, masseuses, DC movers and shakers, etc.