Author Topic: Atlantis Lottery Method?  (Read 4685 times)

Yada

Re: Atlantis Lottery Method?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2023, 09:39:55 am »
I'm only putting my hat in the ring for one show, because quite frankly I don't want a 12x$55 or 12x$100 charge on my credit card.

Space... Aren't you a mathmetican or something?

1. You're not going to hit all 12
2. If you did, my assumption is you're not picking the bands that shouldn't be $44
3. You'll be able to sell them immediately on the ticket exchange if it really put you in that much of a pickle
4. That $1200 will go towards points to the next $pace family vacation that you can post about for the next year.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2023, 09:40:04 am »
They best stinkiest rock Hamband in america has been doing a lottery for 30+ years, this isn't some new science friends. It's a lottery...
FTFY
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2023, 09:40:13 am »
They best rock band in america has been doing a lottery for 30+ years, this isn't some new science friends. It's a lottery...

Night Ranger?

Space Freely

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2023, 09:44:02 am »
I feel like I made a mistake thinking getting 1 tix would increase my odds

Yeah, I feel like this wouldn't affect your chances either positively or negatively.

Frosty Finger

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2023, 09:47:59 am »
Why would they ask you to prioritize your show preferences if it’s not going to affect anything?

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2023, 10:25:52 am »
I feel like I made a mistake thinking getting 1 tix would increase my odds

Yeah, I feel like this wouldn't affect your chances either positively or negatively.
more meaning I should have just put in 2 for every show as I know at least yada would join me at the tank and bangas show
slack

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2023, 10:27:51 am »
Why would they ask you to prioritize your show preferences if it’s not going to affect anything?
Oh I think it will be used, but unlikely that anyone will get picks 3-12 or even pick 2

again, maybe they hold some back for people who had it as pick 2-12, but I think there are going to be 450 #1s for most shows
slack

Frosty Finger

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2023, 10:53:24 am »
You mean 250 #1’s!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2023, 10:57:34 am »
They best rock band in america has been doing a lottery for 30+ years, this isn't some new science friends. It's a lottery...
[insert Ween joke here]
LVMH

Frosty Finger

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2023, 11:32:59 am »
I think you need to insert a Phish joke.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2023, 12:48:37 pm »
and if you did, there will be a fan-to-fan resale option, so you won't have to hold on to them either
they are not transferable

are you contradicting yourself here?  "there will be a fan-to-fan resale option" VS. "they are not transferable"? 
<sig>

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2023, 12:52:10 pm »
and if you did, there will be a fan-to-fan resale option, so you won't have to hold on to them either
they are not transferable

are you contradicting yourself here?  "there will be a fan-to-fan resale option" VS. "they are not transferable"?
same as the Cure
You can do the fan-to-fan thing...but you can't pick the fan who gets it
nor can you transfer the ticket to someone via the app

But I agree it sounds contradictory
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 01:16:46 pm »
You can do the fan-to-fan thing...but you can't pick the fan who gets it

d'oh.  hadn't occurred to me that you can't pick who you are transferring them to... makes sense, to thwart scalpers.

the "fan-to-fan" label tripped me up.  sound very face-to-face, as in you do get to select.  my bad.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2023, 01:25:25 pm »
One of the things Robert Smith got wind of with dealing with the ticket brokers for The Cure shows, was some were trying to get around the system by selling the password to the account with the tickets and not the tickets themselves... Needless to say more all caps Tweets and order cancellations happened as a result... this could easily happen with these tickets, interesting to see if there are safeguards in place for this scheme...
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2023, 01:31:06 pm »
One of the things Robert Smith got wind of with dealing with the ticket brokers for The Cure shows, was some were trying to get around the system by selling the password to the account with the tickets and not the tickets themselves... Needless to say more all caps Tweets and order cancellations happened as a result... this could easily happen with these tickets, interesting to see if there are safeguards in place for this scheme...

If I were Robert Smith, I'd stop putting so much effort into all this rubbish. Instead, go for a hike or a long run.