Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 263852 times)

Starsky

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #1110 on: October 14, 2022, 04:33:20 am »
I saw Marr at the 930. I gotta be honest: very mediocre.

The reality is since leaving the Smiths which is what he did….he has done one great thing (the first Electronic album and am crediting Sumner more than him). Other than that some crummy solo albums nobody will remember, session work for Chrissie Hynde, The The, Modest Mouse I think?

Hearing Marr singing Morrissey lyrics was painful. All props to Marr’s work with the Smiths but you have to recognize that after Marr left the Smiths essentially breaking them up Morrissey found other guitarists that filled his role be it Vini Reilly (Durutti Column), Mark Nevin (Fairground Attraction), Boz Boorer (Polecats) and Alan Whyte,etc. No it wasn’t as good as the Smiths but how could it be? Still I think he was pretty much on fire until 1995 so ….

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1111 on: October 14, 2022, 07:59:15 am »
You kinda of overlooked that he was on The The's amazing albums Mind Bomb and Dusk

His work with Bryan Ferry, Kirsty MacColl, Billy Bragg and Hans Zimmer (The Inception Soundtrack)
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #1112 on: October 14, 2022, 08:07:06 am »
You kinda of overlooked that he was on The The's amazing albums Mind Bomb and Dusk

His work with Bryan Ferry, Kirsty MacColl, Billy Bragg and Hans Zimmer (The Inception Soundtrack)

No I didn’t…

« Reply #1113 on: October 14, 2022, 08:45:50 am »
slack

« Reply #1114 on: July 13, 2023, 07:25:20 pm »
so I was all excited to get an email from the Anthem today

You've got a Golden ticket!

Opening it I was thinking I won some contest to see every show for the rest of the year or something great like that

Nope...MMJ tix are on sale and I can have the privilege of buying one

of all the low-down rotten things Seth has done, this tops the list
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1115 on: July 13, 2023, 07:44:59 pm »
of all the low-down rotten things Seth has done, this tops the list
I am in total agreement. I have no comments. He is an outstanding person aside from this deceptive subject line WHICH HE PERSONALLY LIKELY KNEW NOTHING ABOUT, BUT THERES JUST NOTHING ELSE TO POINT OUT.

I wouldn’t lie to you all as an 11x Forum MVP!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 07:46:31 pm by Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI »
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #1116 on: July 13, 2023, 07:54:26 pm »
This can’t be true as I didn’t get the Golden ticket

Fake news