Author Topic: 2024 albums  (Read 24317 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: 2024 albums
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2024, 04:25:18 pm »
I did a little diggin' on this new "MC5" album as the first track out and about.. and most certainly up to no good "Boys Who Play With Matches" is a barn burner...

Turns out it's been in the works long before Wayne and Dennis's untimely passing.  Wayne recorded a new version of "American Ruse" with   singer Brad Brooks in 2020.  In 2022 Wayne went into the studio to start recording this album with Brad on vocals and Don Was and  Abe Laboriel Jr.  They later did that 2022 tour as the MC5, where they road tested the new material.  Wayne actually announced the release of the  album in 12/23 prior to his death, so it's not a case of lets find some mothballed tapes and release an album...
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2024, 09:28:14 am »
Yeah, Wayne was definitely working on it for a while, so it's not like it was a rush to throw it out before their induction into the R'n'R Hall of Fame. So glad that I got to see those MC50 shows. They were so great. Wayne was also a good soul. Will definitely be checking this record out.

Bagley

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2024, 05:06:43 pm »
Nick Lowe/Los Straitjackets

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2024, 10:58:57 am »
Allison Moyet
Key
Cooking Vinyl
Oct 4th

It has 16 reworked song from her past and two new ones.  Including from those 80s solo albums she apparently has been known to slag off.

A world tour in 2025 with US/Hoserada dates TBD
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2024, 10:50:41 am »
Weblebrity is a Bitch Day and Coldplay announcing a new album just a coincidence?  Me thinks not

Moon Music
October 4th

and what madness is this! only two Vinyl Variants and no cassettes

oh and the new song is doing it's warmups and will be out on Friday
T.Rex

« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2024, 10:54:40 am »
Weblebrity is a Bitch Day and Coldplay announcing a new album just a coincidence?  Me thinks not

Moon Music
October 4th

and what madness is this! only two Vinyl Variants and no cassettes

oh and the new song is doing it's warmups and will be out on Friday
they lied!
Didn’t they tell us Coldplay was done
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2024, 01:17:46 pm »
they lied!
Didn’t they tell us Coldplay was done

first chris martin steals your girl, then you're shocked that he lied??
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2024, 11:25:24 am »
one for Justin

Laurie Anderson’s 'Amelia' is due August 30. Her first new album since 2018’s 'Landfall,' it comprises twenty-two tracks about renowned female aviator Amelia Earhart’s tragic last flight. An autographed print is available with Nonesuch Store pre-orders.

https://www.nonesuch.com/albums/amelia

ended up ordering the vinyl because the shipping on the CD was ooofff...

T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2024, 02:12:20 pm »
one for Justin

Laurie Anderson’s 'Amelia' is due August 30. Her first new album since 2018’s 'Landfall,' it comprises twenty-two tracks about renowned female aviator Amelia Earhart’s tragic last flight. An autographed print is available with Nonesuch Store pre-orders.

https://www.nonesuch.com/albums/amelia

ended up ordering the vinyl because the shipping on the CD was ooofff...

As one who attended the world premiere of Landfall, thank you.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2024, 11:44:28 pm »
Cloud Cult recently announced that their new album Alchemy Creek will drop on August 8th via Earthology Records. Ahead of the LP’s arrival, they have shared a video for “As Beautiful As It Hurts.” Alchemy Creek was written, recorded, and produced by the band’s frontman Craig Minowa in the solitude of a tiny cabin on wheels in the middle of the Wisconsin woods after a difficult divorce.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2024, 02:30:29 pm »

Yes guitarist Steve Howe has announced that he will release a new solo album, Guitarscape, through his own Howesound label on September 27.

Howe is joined on the album by son Dylan on drums, while Howe himself handles acoustic, electric, steel and bass guitars along with keyboards as well as writing all the material and producing.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2024, 02:32:41 pm »
Cloud Cult recently announced that their new album Alchemy Creek will drop on August 8th via Earthology Records. Ahead of the LP’s arrival, they have shared a video for “As Beautiful As It Hurts.” Alchemy Creek was written, recorded, and produced by the band’s frontman Craig Minowa in the solitude of a tiny cabin on wheels in the middle of the Wisconsin woods after a difficult divorce.

Playing a free show in a Fairafax County park 8/31.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2024, 08:53:29 pm »
New Primal Scream, but excitement is low on this one.. So much coming to the surface regarding Bobby G.   Word is he cut Denise Johnson out of any royalties she could have earned and in general treated her badly.. also just saw that in Miki Berenyi’s book he comes off as leech who groped her.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2024, 09:35:41 pm »
All this stuff about Bobby G. is weird cause he was always considered one of the good guys…

Now it turns out he screwed over two former band members - who never said anything publicly while alive- on money. My first question in these cases is was there really that much money in play? After Screamadelica Primal Scream never really sold that well anyways… And I am guessing on Screamadelica Alan McGee got the real money. Now sometimes people assume there is a lot of money they are getting screwed out of but I mean after Exterminator their albums hardly sold 1000 copies and that was almost 25 years ago!

Rock and roll is a dirty business and such stories are a dime a dozen.

As far as acting inappropriate around women I have no idea but if we are talking about the early 90s and people are dropping loads of E I would honestly be surprised if there wasn’t a lot of that behavior going on.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2024, 03:07:13 am »
New Primal Scream, but excitement is low on this one.. So much coming to the surface regarding Bobby G.   Word is he cut Denise Johnson out of any royalties she could have earned and in general treated her badly..

All this stuff about Bobby G. is weird cause he was always considered one of the good guys…

Now it turns out he screwed over two former band members - who never said anything publicly while alive- on money.

speaking of treating former bandmates/collaborators badly: i'm looking forward to the board's reaction to this one... some Perry fans gon' be MAD

I Was A Creative Force Behind One Of The Biggest Rock Bands Of The '90s. Then I Watched Them Erase Me From Their Story.
<sig>