Author Topic: Va 2023 elections - the baseline for the US  (Read 10441 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Va 2023 elections - the baseline for the US
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2023, 06:50:25 am »
Since Ohio is run by a bunch of old white men in illegally drawn districts, expect Fuckery
T.Rex

gavroche

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2023, 07:49:24 am »
This was the most pointless voting exercise for me yet here in Arlington

I think 8 elections were uncontested

A reminder of DC living!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2023, 07:52:02 am »
Both chambers baby!!!

And dc? That ballot is often a waste, because if you don’t vote in the dem primaries, you missed the boat
Edit: I think that is what you meant
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2023, 09:12:25 am »
The Dem winning the PA Supreme Court race was also a key result giving them a 5-2 majority. Given the court case shenanigans that occurred in that state in recent elections this majority will be important.  Of course an election sceptic was running on Republican side
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2023, 09:40:01 am »
I don't necessarily trust VA Dems to protect abortion, especially after they took a nice little vacay instead of tackling this in 2021, but man, it is good to see Youngkin eat shit.  What a dork.

I think it's odd to state this put the nail in his coffin for his presidential ambitions, though.  That guy was DOA

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2023, 09:45:02 am »
This was the most pointless voting exercise for me yet here in Arlington

I think 8 elections were uncontested

A reminder of DC living!

Wait, what? Plenty of our elections are contested. Just in the D primary, with too many candidates splitting the opposition vote, and not the general election.

Facts matter.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:49:56 am by Thousand Made-Up Loves »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2023, 09:49:25 am »
I really hate how GQPers and the reporters that enable them (*ahem* Tom Sherwood in this instance *ahem*) say that education is a topic the GQP thinks they can run on. Most normal people think of education, as a topic, being improving the academic performance of students.

But the GQP views education as pushing book banning, parental meddling, public health interfering, school nurse slamming, restroom policing, and other fuckery that doesn't include improving the academic performance of students. Stop doing this, Tom.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2023, 09:52:57 am »
I really hate how GQPers and the reporters that enable them (*ahem* Tom Sherwood in this instance *ahem*) say that education is a topic the GQP thinks they can run on. Most normal people think of education, as a topic, being improving the academic performance of students.

But the GQP views education as pushing book banning, parental meddling, public health interfering, school nurse slamming, restroom policing, and other fuckery that doesn't include improving the academic performance of students. Stop doing this, Tom.
Isnt this exactly what Youngkin won on, to be fair?
LVMH

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2023, 09:56:44 am »

The point is that reporters shouldn't ignorantly parrot the GQP when the GQP says they're running on "education."

Space Freely

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2023, 10:01:16 am »

As the current push in education seem to be equity at the expense of excellence, I think that's something the Republicans could run on.They need to drop all the other sideshow crap.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2023, 10:23:00 am »
As the current push in education seem to be equity at the expense of excellence, I think that's something the Republicans could run on.They need to drop all the other sideshow crap.

What are you talking about? The sideshow crap is their entire platform.

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2023, 10:26:39 am »

can confirm
it was a perfect storm between an off-off-year election, all the CRT drama and Covid/school policies
If younkin ran yesterday, he would have lost in a landslide

The good thing (for me at least) is VA is pretty much becoming a reliable, solid blue state, not only in General Elections but also in state elections too.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2023, 10:29:45 am »

What are you talking about? The sideshow crap is their entire platform.

And because of that, they lost. I'm saying there are education issues they could run on buy they choose to focus on the sideshow.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2023, 10:39:43 am »
And because of that, they lost. I'm saying there are education issues they could run on buy they choose to focus on the sideshow.

Amen. Refreshing to see VA voters consistently doing the right thing. Now about the whole MJ debacle...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2023, 10:59:28 am »
more note of interest

a bunch of Moms for Liberty candidates lost in school board elections.. 

and in Philly where two seats  on the council are reserved for the minority party , both seats are now filled by people from the Working Family Party... seats which were in the past held by republicans...
T.Rex