Author Topic: You too can live in Baltimore, for $850,000  (Read 6883 times)

sonickteam

Re: You too can live in Baltimore, for $850,000
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 09:44:00 am »
whats wrong with giving opportunity to the poor destitude people of your community?

and those rowhome/projects hold a lot less people too.  no one really lived in those projects anymore!!  not like the ones on the west side of town....scary business!!!!!

Lively One

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 10:13:00 am »
whats wrong with giving opportunity to the poor destitude people of your community?

What's wrong with giving opportunity to drug dealers, sex offenders, violent criminals, thieves, and people that overpopulate the community by having unprotected sex and receive welfare checks one after the other?   I dunno, you tell me?  I'm not saying that all people that live in these projects are that way, but statistics prove that many are.  There are plenty of hard-working blue-collar Americans that work to subsidize themselves instead of depending on tax money.  Also, a good education and determination and hard work pretty much guarantees you at least a semi-decent job--one that will pay your rent. If you don't believe me about the violent criminals, just go to the topic on the board that deals with "any perverts in your community?"  Click on the link and then put in the zip code 21202--these are just sex offenders--can you imagine how many are other violent criminals?

]http://www.930.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=009751
[/url]

sonickteam

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2005, 10:26:00 am »
Originally posted by Lively One:
  What's wrong with giving opportunity to drug dealers, sex offenders, violent criminals, thieves, and people that overpopulate the community by having unprotected sex and receive welfare checks one after the other?   I dunno, you tell me?  
i believe nothing is wrong with it.  You can't kill these people or bus them to some other town!  they are in your city and giving them NO money and even worse living conditions certainly isnt going to make them any less violent.

we put nice rowhome projects by all the fancy houses and spread out the poverty in the city and perhaps these people will take a lesson from thier neigbors and at LEAST stop living like a filthy idiot.  Or, perhaps they will just find somewhere else to go and those rowhome projects can be sold to some folks who want to keep thier city at least looking good.....

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
ugh, what's with all the knee-jerk racism on here lately?
(o|o)

sonickteam

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2005, 10:59:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
whos talking racism?

ggw

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
I don't see a single reference to race on this thread.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2005, 11:06:00 am »
I'd put $100 on the fact that the person who made this statement was white, and seeing as he/she is referring to baltimore, is speaking mainly about black people

-------------------------------
 What's wrong with giving opportunity to drug dealers, sex offenders, violent criminals, thieves, and people that overpopulate the community by having unprotected sex and receive welfare checks one after the other? I dunno, you tell me? I'm not saying that all people that live in these projects are that way, but statistics prove that many are. There are plenty of hard-working blue-collar Americans that work to subsidize themselves instead of depending on tax money. Also, a good education and determination and hard work pretty much guarantees you at least a semi-decent job--one that will pay your rent.
(o|o)

sonickteam

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2005, 11:11:00 am »
  I'd put $100 on the fact that the person who made this statement was white, and seeing as he/she is referring to baltimore, is speaking mainly about black people

well, i dont see many white people in the projects.  and i would imagine it would be tougher for a white family to attain public housing than a minority family. but i could be totally wrong.  either way, as far as I'm concerned poor scummy trashy people are all equal, regardless of race....but making new pretty looking projects sure raises the property value around it!

ggw

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
Or perhaps the person reading that statement and arriving at that interpretation holds some pre-conceived racial stereotypes?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2005, 11:17:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Or perhaps the person reading that statement and arriving at that interpretation holds some pre-conceived racial stereotypes?

[/b]
way way way too easy there, ggw.

you and i both know that these:

"There are plenty of hard-working blue-collar Americans that work to subsidize themselves instead of depending on tax money."

are just code words by thinly veiled racists disgusted by affirmative action ...

of course there are just as many white people, especially in the rural south, mooching off of welfare and the government ... but i'd put money on the fact that this person, like walkonby, wasn't talking about white folks.
(o|o)

sonickteam

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
Hoya, shut up.

code words?  hahaha.

ggw

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2005, 11:23:00 am »
So, by that logic, anybody that criticizes welfare is a racist?

And how does this relate to affirmative action?

"There are plenty of hard-working blue-collar Americans that work to subsidize themselves instead of depending on tax money."

are just code words by thinly veiled racists disgusted by affirmative action ...

sonickteam

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2005, 11:25:00 am »

i think you learn about that in Georgetown. there, if you dont route for the basketball team, you are a racist...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2005, 01:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by white man from town:
  i think you learn about that in Georgetown. there, if you dont route for the basketball team, you are a racist...
we also learn spelling.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2005, 01:13:00 pm »

[/b]
arrrgh .... of course not ggw, but people who criticize welfare generally fall into two camps: 1) those who approach the issue calmly from a policy angle, and 2) uneducated, thinly-veiled racists

the anonymity afforded by the internet seems to breed tons of people from the latter camp, and i surmised (fairly or not) that by the rhetoric spewed by the poster, that he/she was as well.
(o|o)