Author Topic: Zox  (Read 4643 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Zox
« on: March 15, 2004, 01:22:00 pm »
So I saw this poster at the club for Zox which described themsevles as "Violin infused Reggae, Rock and Punk.  Checking out their website reveals this even better descriptor "Think Sublime meets Led Zeppelin meets The Police meets Beethoven".

Needless to say their song samples indicated exactly what I expected the band to sound like.  :p  But then again what do I know...
T.Rex

Barcelona

Re: Zox
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:22:00 pm »
I went the the website; it might be interesting to see them live. They seem to be opening for Cowboy Mouth, don't know them, are they ay good?

Celeste

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 06:28:00 pm »
:p

I hope you are using this to represent puking!

redsock

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:30:00 pm »
cowboy suck hard, no matter what Janie says

Barcelona

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 06:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  cowboy suck hard, no matter what Janie says
Actually, I got tired of Zox after listenning to it a couple of times. No idea who Cowboy Mouth are, but will probably follow your advice.

tenpercenter

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 10:51:00 am »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 11:40:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  "Violin infused Reggae, Rock and Punk.  Checking out their website reveals this even better descriptor "Think Sublime meets Led Zeppelin meets The Police meets Beethoven".
Wonderful. The add-a-violin-and-call-it-classical schtick. What is this, 1973?

As for Cowboy Mouth, I loved their first (only?) album "Cowboys and Indians" (Throbbing Lobster, 1986). Too bad some New Orleans wankers stole their name.
😐 🎶

redsock

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by tenpercenter:
  zox show
  http://www.zoxband.com/gallery/pages/7pearl%20street%209.18.03.html
Hey tenpercenter...that e-mail address you gave me to ad to the mailing list doesn't work...can you send me another?

mankie

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 04:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celestial Balls:
   :p  

I hope you are using this to represent puking!
My wife liked the first album from Cowboy Mouth, and I was neutral on it so we went to see them at 930 a few years ago....she hasn't played the album since their show, to give you an idea. Have you ever been to a concert and just wanted it to end for crying out loud? Well, that was it pretty much. They were well into the old crowd participation shit which gets annoying.

All that aside, they sounded pretty good live if you like their albums, but never again for us.

tenpercenter

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 05:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by tenpercenter:
  zox show
   http://www.zoxband.com/gallery/pages/7pearl%20street%209.18.03.html  
Hey tenpercenter...that e-mail address you gave me to ad to the mailing list doesn't work...can you send me another? [/b]
hey redsock, i sent you a PM with my email address. i've never done that before so let me know if it works.

i erupt in a belly laugh everytime i see that zox show picture. maybe its only funny to me.