Author Topic: HFS Rundown  (Read 4162 times)

filthypit

Re: HFS Rundown
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 11:16:00 am »
i knew the cure were in trouble by the way the crowd reacted to jay-z (who was clearly agast at the 60,000 white faces before him)...  60,000 white people singing about "niggaz, pimps & 'hos" was pretty pathetic...

and then the same ree-tards enthusiastically sang along w/ offspring's "pretty fly for a white guy" without realizing that song was about them!!!
 A-H-H-H! HA-A-A HA-A-A-A!!! HA-A-A!!!!!!
 (holy tap-dancing jesus - that was funny)

i was glad most people left after offspring cause it gave the rest of us better access to the cure...

Guiny

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 11:45:00 am »
Originally posted by filthypit:
  i knew the cure were in trouble by the way the crowd reacted to jay-z (who was clearly agast at the 60,000 white faces before him)...  60,000 white people singing about "niggaz, pimps & 'hos" was pretty pathetic...

and then the same ree-tards enthusiastically sang along w/ offspring's "pretty fly for a white guy" without realizing that song was about them!!!

i was glad most people left after offspring cause it gave the rest of us better access to the cure...
So I guess white people aren't allowed to enjoy black entertainment. As for "pretty fly for a white guy" I doubt the song was written about anyone in the crowd. I didnt see any white person with their hats on backwards, baggy pants or a "31" tatooed on any part of their body.

mankie

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 12:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:

So I guess white people aren't allowed to enjoy black entertainment. As for "pretty fly for a white guy" I doubt the song was written about anyone in the crowd. I didnt see any white person with their hats on backwards, baggy pants or a "31" tatooed on any part of their body. [/b]
I understand the irony filthypit...not that anyone listens to lyrics anymore, but the lyrics are "a black thing, you wouldn't understand" type of thing, so to see all these little white but turning crimson in the sun faces...this Jay Z character must've thought..."what the fuck?"

No harm though I suppose, as long as they enjoyed themselves.

mankie

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 12:24:00 pm »

I didnt see any white person with their hats on backwards, baggy pants [/b]
BTW....that, I find very hard to believe.

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
 this Jay Z character must've thought..."what the fuck?"

no, Jay-Z thought "cha-ching" 60,000 white people gonna buy my album now!

Guiny

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »

I didnt see any white person with their hats on backwards, baggy pants [/b]
BTW....that, I find very hard to believe. [/b]
Maybe in the buzz tent but not watching the main stage.

mankie

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 12:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

no, Jay-Z thought "cha-ching" 60,000 white people gonna buy my album now! [/b]
With an "explicit lyrics" sticker, probably not too many hfs'ers would be able to buy it.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 01:03:00 pm »
From WHFS.com

Most played songs:

1 Jet
  Cold Hard Bitch

2 Hoobastank
  The Reason

3 311
  Love Song

4 Beastie Boys
  Ch-Check it out

5 Linkin Park
  Lying From You

6 Incubus
  Megalomaniac

7 Jet
  Are You Gonna Be My Girl

8 Velvet Revolver
  Slither

9 Three Days Grace
  I Hate Everything About You

10 Jay-Z
  99 Problems

flawd101

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 05:36:00 pm »
parental advisory sticker means nothing.  kids can still buy it.  if parents wont allow it they kid just wont tell them, its called a cd player and lieing

eltee

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2004, 08:59:00 pm »
filthypit - other than those aspects and criticism, what bands / performances did you like?  

So I guess white people aren't allowed to enjoy black entertainment. As for "pretty fly for a white guy" I doubt the song was written about anyone in the crowd. I didnt see any white person with their hats on backwards, baggy pants or a "31" tatooed on any part of their body. [/b]

Jaguär

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2004, 03:18:00 am »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  parental advisory sticker means nothing.  kids can still buy it.  if parents wont allow it they kid just wont tell them, its called a cd player and lieing
Thank you Flawd for putting that in to perspective. It kills me how many professional guardians of the children, let's say, buy into all of that crap.   :roll:  On a professional level, the mindset is that children don't lie.   :roll:     :roll:     :roll:   (Sorry Flawd, hate calling you a child but I know you understand where I'm coming from.)

filthypit

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2004, 09:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:
  filthypit - other than those aspects and criticism, what bands / performances did you like?  
[/b]
 So I guess white people aren't allowed to enjoy black entertainment. I didnt see any white person with their hats on backwards, baggy pants... [/qb]
[/QB][/QUOTE]

well, since you asked... (afrophiles please note: there is no "x" in the word 'ask')
 i really enjoyed cypress hill, yeah, yeah, yeahs (for the five minutes they played), violent femmes, jay-z (but i didn't sing along), the offspring was FANTASTIC! (stole the festival as far as i'm concerned), and of course the cure.  i felt sorry for the cure since most people left after offpring - it must have been embarrassing for them...
 and thank you for asking!

get your eyes checked dear - that's all i saw were afrophiles w/ their hats on sideways & baggy pants... gangsta whitey's, yo-o i'm down wit dat!

mankie

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2004, 11:21:00 am »

get your eyes checked dear - that's all i saw were afrophiles w/ their hats on sideways & baggy pants... gangsta whitey's, yo-o i'm down wit dat! [/b]
The white kids trying to be all ghetto is just sad...but what is hilarious is when I see asian kids doing it. For some reason it just cracks me up.

eltee

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2004, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Were they trying to score drugs?

Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  I skipped it too-- though I did get a great view of Velvet Revolver frolicking in a DC park on Sat afternoon.

[/b]
Really, couldn't tell you.  Here's the experience...
 saw two long-haired dirty people in the park (assumed homeless women)laying about, chasing eachother, etc. but then saw their silver tour bus with trailer in tow pull up and saw them get in.  noticed they didn't have breasts.  Later walked by 9:30 and saw same vehicle parked there. [/b]
Was it Craig Honeycutt and his entourage? I haven't seen him in years (way too lazy to look him up), but he had long hair back in the day [as did some of the guys in Everything].

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2004, 12:33:00 pm »

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

no, Jay-Z thought "cha-ching" 60,000 white people gonna buy my album now! [/b]
With an "explicit lyrics" sticker, probably not too many hfs'ers would be able to buy it. [/b]
Do you think i ever cared who i sold those CDs too?  fuck if i care.  i mean, i was more inclined not to let people buy crappy music than to care about advisory stickers.  :)