Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1380042 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2130 on: May 27, 2009, 12:21:38 pm »
it usually is
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2131 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:19 pm »
got it: ESPN2 (and ESPN2HD) @ 11 pm EDT. 

edit: i was a verizon DSL subscriber 2+ years ago, looks like it's still valid for espn360 login!  so now i have to choose between not getting anything done this afternoon and watching the game on a web stream (relatively decent video), or keeping it in my pants until 11 pm.  grrrrrr.  thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 02:03:02 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2132 on: May 27, 2009, 02:31:24 pm »
i dvred it, but i would totally watch the stream if i wasnt up to my eyeballs in work
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #2133 on: May 27, 2009, 04:07:23 pm »
got it: ESPN2 (and ESPN2HD) @ 11 pm EDT. 

edit: i was a verizon DSL subscriber 2+ years ago, looks like it's still valid for espn360 login!  so now i have to choose between not getting anything done this afternoon and watching the game on a web stream (relatively decent video), or keeping it in my pants until 11 pm.  grrrrrr.  thoughts?

its just a soccer game man. you can wait til 11pm. or how about do what i am doing and just check the score every 20 minutes.  (i'll keep the score to myself)

vansmack

« Reply #2134 on: May 27, 2009, 04:48:08 pm »
Barca were perfect.

Fuckers.
27>34

lagas

« Reply #2135 on: May 27, 2009, 05:10:53 pm »
wrong, Manchester United wasn't in the game, what a terrible performance
zorra

Barcelona

« Reply #2136 on: May 27, 2009, 08:22:35 pm »
Probably one of the best days in my life, this is like watching a live show with the Arcade Fire, the Pixies, the Who, (early) Fleetwood Mac, Band of Horses, Talking Heads, Grandaddy, My Morning Jacket, Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers, Peter Tosh... all in one day.

what a game! we were so afraid of Manchester United, even the Barcelona players looked scared at the beginning of the game, but once Iniesta, Xavi, and Messi decided to pass the ball as they usually do, short passes everywhere, we started to get more confident. It is a huge achievement to beat this Manchester United. And great to win with Silvinho (rarely plays these days), Busquets (last year he was in the thid division in Spain) and also with Toure Yaya in defense.

brennser

« Reply #2137 on: May 27, 2009, 09:09:43 pm »
congrats Barcelona (and Barcelona)

we were shit......if some of Ronaldos shots in the first 10 mins it might have been different but I'm man enough to know when we've been outclassed*

*still think we are a better team, just not better on the night (and thats all that counts)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2138 on: May 28, 2009, 09:33:16 am »
i was actually pretty neutral in this match, but i really didnt like the side that saf put out there. once you push rooney out wide and start berba and tevez on the bench, that really decreases the effectiveness of 75% of your best attackers. too much pressure on carrick in my opinion

but iniesta/xavi seemed like 4 guys out there, along with the always brilliant messi. congrats to barca, when they fire like that they are a treat for a neutral to watch
o/\o

Barcelona

« Reply #2139 on: May 28, 2009, 11:01:02 am »
Thanks Brennser and also nice to see godsshoeshine comment.

I won´t say Barcelona is better than Manchester United. I think Manchester United, Chelsea, and Barcelona, are the best teams now, with Liverpool a bit behind, my opinion. Just that yesterday we played better than Manchester United. However, I was really disappointed by Scholes' tackle at the end of the game, kind of lost the respect for him. And Ronaldo and all he did to Puyol, no comments, just sell Ronaldo, he fits into Real Madrid, a team where the only thing that matters is money regardless of ethics or any other thing.

lagas

« Reply #2140 on: May 28, 2009, 11:52:21 am »
Real Madrid vs DC United
Aug. 9th
Fed Ex Field
zorra

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2141 on: May 28, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »
Real Madrid vs DC United
Aug. 9th
Fed Ex Field

i was going to say "no way, they're playing kansas on 8/08", but the kansas game has been rescheduled for sept.  according to the comments here:

Here are ticket prices for season ticket holders, add $20 for non-holders.
Includes parking.

Lower Bowl Endline, $50.00
Lower Bowl Corners, $60.00
Lower Bowl Midfield, $70.00
Club Level Endline, $80.00
Club Level Corners, $90.00
Club Level Midfield, $100.00

huh, no upper deck... then why not have the game at RFK?!?  and if it is indeed an afternoon game, how much fun will the heat & humidity be? 

personally, i'll be saving my money and going to two regular DC United games instead.
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2142 on: May 28, 2009, 12:46:16 pm »
yeah, id rather do that too, especially because we might not have dcu around for too much longer
o/\o

brennser

« Reply #2143 on: May 28, 2009, 12:54:55 pm »
However, I was really disappointed by Scholes' tackle at the end of the game, kind of lost the respect for him. And Ronaldo and all he did to Puyol, no comments, just sell Ronaldo, he fits into Real Madrid, a team where the only thing that matters is money regardless of ethics or any other thing.

Scholes has never been able to tackle - seriously.....he does that at least once in about 70% of his games

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2144 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:52 pm »
i called that tackle 'pulling a scholes' as i watched it
o/\o