Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1412821 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #570 on: August 17, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Newcastle top 4
i like that part
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #571 on: August 18, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »
This will likely end his career....

McBride dislocates knee as Fulham loses
 Updated: Aug. 18, 2007
 Associated Press

LONDON -- Brian McBride dislocated his left knee while scoring for Fulham in a 2-1 loss at home to Middlesbrough in the Premier League on Saturday.  

The American striker had no opponent close to him when a cross from Alexei Smertin found him unmarked in the penalty area in the 16th minute. He turned and shot the ball into the net from close range before collapsing.

McBride was treated for several minutes and then carried from the field. He was soon followed to the hospital by teammate Hameur Bouazze, who dislocated his shoulder in the 31st minute.

A late tying goal by Fulham's David Healy was disallowed even through TV replays suggested the ball crossed the line.

"A bad day all round at the office,"' manager Lawrie Sanchez said.
27>34

Barcelona

« Reply #572 on: August 19, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
If this year Chelsea is like a couple years ago where it was so difficult for them to lose any point, then I think Manchester United may have already lost the premiership. I hope it is not the case though.

sonickteam2

« Reply #573 on: August 20, 2007, 10:22:00 am »
though, this is my first year checking in with EPL, I wont get too deep into discussion other than to say that Liverpool got completely ripped off this past weekend by poor officiating.  i hope that was a rare occurance cause it was quite frustrating to watch.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #574 on: August 20, 2007, 10:24:00 am »
Dear Mankies football friends,

Little Mankie is feeling a bit under the weather at the moment so won't be joining in the conversation for a while.

Yesterday after the final whistle fell, he was heard screaming "LORD TAKE ME NOW" then we heard a bump in his bedroom. When we rushed up to his room he was on the floor in convulsions uttering words such as "Eff'n shity, blue bastards and Sven the twat"

The doctor says little Mankie doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

It's a hard time for us all, please pray for him.

Sincerely,

Mankie's mum
 Mrs. Mank

godsshoeshine

« Reply #575 on: August 20, 2007, 11:50:00 am »
thanks for letting us know that manc hasnt jumped off a building
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #576 on: August 20, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  though, this is my first year checking in with EPL, I wont get too deep into discussion other than to say that Liverpool got completely ripped off this past weekend by poor officiating.  i hope that was a rare occurance cause it was quite frustrating to watch.
You are correct, Liverpool were hard done by that call.

The Arsenal-Blackburn match was quite entertaining as well - a very chippy affair.

I'll let Mankie's comments handle the United match.  United dominated everything but the scoreline.  Simply couldn't finish.

The Toon are looking strong - how much do I love watching Alan Smith run around and terrorize people?  I certainly miss his presence with Rooney out.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #577 on: August 20, 2007, 04:58:00 pm »
with that midfield, no one is going to want to play newcastle. and this is without barton

i think the toon's main issue is lack of creativity, with the exception of jimmy. might improve when barton and butt come back, or if emre ever decides to play

still might get a couple of right backs before the window closes, which will be a boost
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #578 on: August 20, 2007, 05:04:00 pm »
I heard a rumor that Owen subbed late in the match against Villa, but I never saw him out there...  :p
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #579 on: August 20, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »
i'm sure he'll get injured for england.  :roll:   i think most supporters see owen as a bonus if he's around, but arent counting on it. to be honest, i think sam agrees
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #580 on: August 20, 2007, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  I heard a rumor that Owen subbed late in the match against Villa, but I never saw him out there...   :p  
he did, he came in around 61' or thereabouts.

he got like a standing ovation almost. no clue who he is, haha, but i definitely remember the hoo-ha that was his entrance into the game.

vansmack

« Reply #581 on: August 20, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »
I forgot to use my Sarcasm tabs again...

I saw him.  I was pointing out that after waiting almost 2 years for his arrival, he was rather a non-factor throughout the waning moments of the match.  Just a little jibe at the Toon faithful.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #582 on: August 20, 2007, 05:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  I forgot to use my Sarcasm tabs again...

I saw him.  I was pointing out that after waiting almost 2 years for his arrival, he was rather a non-factor throughout the waning moments of the match.  Just a little jibe at the Toon faithful.
of course.  yeah, i was going to add that although he made quite the entrance, i didnt see much of him after that, which made me think "who was that guy anyway"

godsshoeshine

« Reply #583 on: August 20, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »
you're really starting from scratch, its cool though

he's kind of like paul kariya except gets hurt more
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #584 on: August 20, 2007, 10:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  he's kind of like paul kariya except gets hurt more
Not only did I laugh out loud at this, I actually gave you a small clap as well.  Great analogy.
27>34