Author Topic: Let the week of shows begin!  (Read 4125 times)

Guiny

Re: Let the week of shows begin!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2003, 10:17:00 am »
Originally posted by eddie rabbit:
  my show schedule
 interpol
 mars volta
 my girlfriend is probably going to make me go to galactic
 but im going to get her back by making her go to soul brains in november

p.s. jaxx sucks so bad i want to kill myself very painfully and take a million showers that i ever went to that vomitous cokehead ran
 sh*thole....but anthrax should be pretty awesome though...if i wasnt so bitter, i would go...
My brother just saw them in Bangor, Maine exactly one week ago and said it was an outstanding show. About two and a half hours, so i'm really looking forward to it no matter where they play.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2003, 11:13:00 pm »
Well, with the exception of Death Cab, I managed to make it to all the shows on my list. The highlight, of course, was The Cooper Temple Clause. They fucking rocked and far exceeded even my highest expectations. When they tour next year, you (meaning all of you!) must go check them out. The complicated beats, guitars, melodies really do work well live and when they crunch into the heavy parts, ahhh it's so good. Definitely one of the top shows this year for me. But then I've been waiting to see TCTC for 2+ years now.

The Radio 4 show was good. But I think their Coney Island show was better. They played some new stuff last night that they were trying to get a handle on. But we all still danced. The Bowery Ballroom is such a hipster den, though. It's probably just me but I feel like everyone is looking down their noses at me from the minute I enter the bar downstairs. Annoying. Last night, the crowd was better at Irving Plaza.

flawd101

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2003, 02:33:00 pm »
like many clubs jaxx is having money problems which is why they are probaly now getting paid to show hfs shit all over the place.

i saw MM yesterday...

RonniStar

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2003, 07:06:00 pm »
How My Week Of Shows Went:

Oct. 16th: Chevelle at the 930 club
 Oct. 17th: Tony Toni Tone at Dream
 Oct. 18th: Rockoberfest at George Mason
 Oct. 19th: Fuel at 930 Club
 Oct. 24th: Robert Randolph and The Family Band at 930 Club
 Oct. 25: Groove Gumbo at Kennedy Center Millenium Stage, Sound Checking featuring Goapele at The Black Cat