Author Topic: Why Does Tickets.com Suck So Hard?  (Read 3752 times)

ggw

Why Does Tickets.com Suck So Hard?
« on: April 13, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
I try not to complain about the numerous imperfections of ticketing services because nothing is perfect and the imperfections are generally just minor annoyances. However, I think Tickets.com has passed over the line into total suckitude.

1.  Somehow, my account has disappeared.  I can't sign in, and when I go to the "Forgot your password" section, it says I don't have an account.  Not to mention that the "Forgot your password" section is based on user name and zip code, which seems a little stupid to me.  What's wrong with "E-mail Address"?

2.  Number 1 is not a big problem, right?  I mean, I can still buy tickets without signing-in, right? Well, apparently not.  It says: "New users click 'continue' and you will have a chance to register after your transaction is completed."  Apparently, I won't have a chance to register because each time I hit "continue" It just reloads the same page telling me to sign-in or hit "continue."  At least it does that until my 4 minutes and 45 seconds ran out, at which time, my transaction was cancelled.  Why did it do this?  Is it because I tried to sign-in?  And if my sign-in was incorrect, how come it never told me that?  It just sent me back to the same page with the same options but with less time on the countdown clock at the top of the page.  And if the sign-in was wrong, how come I can't continue as a new user?

3.  So, I have to start the transaction over -- an annoyance, but not a big deal.  I go back to the homepage and instead of searching for "9:30" I search for "bloc party".  The results come up and I select the show at the 9:30, choose 2 tickets and move along -- except, I no longer have an option to add tickets to any other shows I wanted to buy tickets for.  Let's hope they don't sellout before I get downtown sometime this week.

4.  So what the hell happened to my account?  How about the credit card information tickets.com was storing for me (and I don't recall ever electing to store my credit card information, I think they just did it automatically) did they "lose" that as well?

I was all for doing something to help diversify away from ticketmaster's dominance on ticket sales, but the alternative keeps getting worse.  I'd prefer a functional monopoly to an incompetent competitor.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Why Does Tickets.com Suck So Hard?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 11:12:00 am »
did syanaro(?) have similiar problems?

must be Baseballs influence
T.Rex

xcanuck

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
My wife and I had similar problems. Her account just went "missing" one day. And the purchase history in my account has several transactions missing. Who knows?

I support the Club's motivation in going to Tickets.com - anything to help dismantle Ticketmaster's virtual monopoly is welcome. It's just a shame that we don't have an alternative like Virtuous. But if that's the price we pay for fight TM, then I'm all for it.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
they suck so hard because they're not compatible with mozilla firefox ... bastards...
(o|o)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
Is anyone else completely sick to the eyeballs of people bitching about the ticket agencies??? Can't you bitch about something orginal for a change, like the security staff at the 930 for example?

sheeeeze"!

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 12:18:00 pm »
My account disappeared too.

ggw

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 12:27:00 pm »
This is actually the second time my account has disappeared.  I re-registered in February.  

When I re-re-registered today I used the exact same name, password, and personal info, so clearly, the old account info was gone.

eltee

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
mine is gone as well - second time. had to restart my order 3x today b/c of the "continue" button freaking out.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
Same thing happened to me just now as I bought Ryan Adams tickets.

Had to put in my info manually...

eltee

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 03:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joymonster:

To further clarify - you mean the PRE-sale?

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by abulum:

Originally posted by Joymonster:

To further clarify - you mean the PRE-sale? [/b]
Something like that...

joz

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
ditto for me...signed in with my old account and the same thing happened.  had to give up the tickets i had and start over without trying to log in.  signed up for a new account and the same thing happened. next we'll all get letters from tickets.com saying we were the victims of identity theft.

mathemattics

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 08:16:00 pm »
I got burned with the acct problem as well when I had my tickets to audioslave

came up with a solution later

if you get locked out open up a new window and create a new acct in the 5 minutes they let you hold tickets..this is a PITA but at least you dont watch your tickets slip away like I did

you can then enter that acct info and it logs you in

Bags

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 12:15:00 am »
I know it's the same old complaint, but $5 service charge on $15 tickets for bloc party....I'm taking my chances with the box office.

I paid $15 for my $12 bloc party ticket to the Black Cat, but that was (1) my choice, (2) to a person who so generously offered me a last minute ticket, and (3) because she did NOT want more than face.  I'd offered her $20, but she wouldn't take it.

arcane

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 03:27:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I know it's the same old complaint, but $5 service charge on $15 tickets for bloc party....I'm taking my chances with the box office.
And that's before the additional $3.25 for "delivery" that they charge for will-call tickets, which they add on when you actually go to check out.  What the hell?  I never have understood that, and it's why I refuse to use their service.

$8.25 in fees on a $15 ticket is too much!