Author Topic: Van Halen is back! Tour dates!  (Read 5865 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Van Halen is back! Tour dates!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2004, 01:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I think Sebastian Bach is busy with his acting career.
and his brother is a goalie in the NHL. Zak Bierk, plays for Tampa Bay (he may be in AAA right now)

kinda funny, eh?  Ones an athelete the other is a.....uh....singer.

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2004, 01:47:00 pm »
Having seen both the original Van Halen and Van Haggar, I can say that the original VH was a far better show, however, the song writing for the Van Haggar songs is far superior.  Having said that, the best show I ever saw with them was the 15th Anniversary show at the Whiskey and that was Van Haggar (probably better becuase of the venue, but whatever).  I'm forgetting that Gary Charone was ever in VH.  

But that was in the 80's and early 90's.  Having seen DLR as he's getting older, I would much rather see Van Haggar these days than watch DLR in tight pants and a bare chest in his fifties.

And yes, you will see me in Vegas for the VH show, hands raised throwing the VH symbol!
27>34

Bags

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2004, 03:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 But that was in the 80's and early 90's.  Having seen DLR as he's getting older, I would much rather see Van Haggar these days than watch DLR in tight pants and a bare chest in his fifties.

DLR is full on scary these days.  I can't imagine sitting through a show with his raggedy ass in spandex...a tad too self-mocking for me...

Smack, I was planning for Vegas to see the Rush tour, but tix are too pricey just now (plane, not Rush...)  Decided that mid-July isn't the best time to spend $600 or $700 getting to and staying in Vegas...

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2004, 03:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Smack, I was planning for Vegas to see the Rush tour, but tix are too pricey just now (plane, not Rush...)  Decided that mid-July isn't the best time to spend $600 or $700 getting to and staying in Vegas...
And it's a million degrees in Vegas in July!  Generally, my experience with tickets to vegas is it's best to buy them 60-30 days in advance for all airlines except Southwest.  The earlier you buy those, the better.  Try to fly on Thursday and return Monday (avoid Friday and Sunday) and you can do it from DC/BWI for around $300.  Getting a room is a whooe different story but old school places like the Orleans can still be done for under $100.  

I'll be in Laughlin (Colorado River) in the beginning of July and LA in the middle.  Hopefully the Vegas date for VH won't conflict with these plans.

As for Rush, I haven't seen them since the Presto Tour, but I would go see them again too.  Still one of the best Trio's I've ever seen live.
27>34

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 05:35:00 pm »

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2004, 05:16:00 pm »
Here it is:

JUNE 25th - MCI Center - Washington DC

Tickets go on sale:

April 3rd at 12 NOON.

redsock

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 05:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin:
  Here it is:

Tickets go on sale:

April 3rd at 12 NOON.
do I lose some respect if i buy tickets for this show next Saturday?

Bags

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 06:01:00 pm »
Not in my book, sock.  We all must acknowledge our guilty pleasures from our pasts....

ggw

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2004, 06:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

Here it is:

Tickets go on sale:

April 3rd at 12 NOON.
do I lose some respect if i buy tickets for this show next Saturday? [/b]
What makes you think we respect you?

Bags

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2004, 06:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by redsock:

Here it is:

Tickets go on sale:

April 3rd at 12 NOON.
do I lose some respect if i buy tickets for this show next Saturday? [/b]
What makes you think we respect you? [/b]
But you must respect him!  He's a local music and venue "guru in the making"!!!

tooms

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2004, 06:02:00 pm »
VH was my band when i was in high school.  First concert i ever saw was VH, May 7, 1980 at the Philly Spectrum--the Women and Children First tour.  My friends and I drove from northern Jersey on a school night.  i had 3.5 beers and was wasted.  it was great.

i saw them a few more times with DLR and once w/Sammy.  The DLR years were better, although i think Dave is a full-blown buffoon now.  

having said that, the Van Hagar tour doesn't really interest me, although i wish it did.  i would go see them if they toured with Dave even though he's a dope, b/c it would be a better show...

Bags

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2004, 01:43:00 am »
tooms!!  You're here.  We've missed you.  A man of only 40 posts, but such good posts.    ;)    I just referred to you in a very recent thread (like on friday).....tell us about N.Y.  You miss us, don't you....(I was in Adams Morgan tonight, I'm gonna start a thread on it, and I thought, if tooms were here, he'd go to Velvet or DC9 with me...)  Instead I came home, at 12:30 on a Saturday night.  Though god knows it's going to be a busy week....

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2004, 12:19:00 am »
Who brought tickets?

Guiny

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2004, 08:34:00 am »
I'll be there.