Author Topic: Baltimore Cleaner than DC  (Read 23408 times)

vansmack

Re: Baltimore Cleaner than DC
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Well I did see a whole lot more people sleeping on the streets of San Francisco than I do on the streets of DC.
Probably because it doesn't snow here.  The weather is nice year round making it attractive to the homeless.  Our Mayor has a new program that is trying to help the homeless situation here and in it's first year the results have been fairly positive.  I his good work continues because the homeless situation here is in dire need of attention.

That hotel you stayed at is right in the heart of the tenderloin.  Not a comfortable place to be for any long period of time.  I would suggest next time you visit priceline or hotwire a hotel in the Union Square East neighborhood and you'll be able to get nice hotels at reduced rates.
27>34

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »
That's because all of the poor uneducated minorities were driven out of San Francisco by ridiculous housing costs, to Oakland and beyond.

Originally posted by vansmack:

As far as being a bunch of degenerates, you really should venture out of Golden Gate Park and The Haight.  San Francisco just passed Stamford, CT and is behind only Boulder, CO as being one of the most educated cities in America.  Nearly 48% of our residents have a bachelors degree and almost 20% have a post doc degree.  I know having an education doesn't necessarily mean we're all using it, but if you've got a better indicator I'd be willing to listen. [/QB]

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Sure, but DC has the most advanced degrees, and the suburbs are kicking educated ass.
Absolutely.  I never said DC or even the DC area was full of degenerates.  As a matter of fact my census data (2002) is likely part of those DC statistics.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »

Originally posted by general grievous:
 Portland sure has a lot going for it though.
Doesn't it lead the nation in heroin overdoses? [/b]
you know whats funny.  just last week, someone told me that Baltimore had the most heroin overdoses.  and then just yesterday, when i was talking of moving to Miami, someone said "Miami has the most heroin overdoses in the country"

is there a big tie at the top of the leaderboard here or what?

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
  That's because all of the poor uneducated minorities were driven out of San Francisco by ridiculous housing costs, to Oakland and beyond.

It's a good thing that's not happening in DC, LA, NY, Chicago, or any other big city in America.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
  My wife had some unwashed homeless addict get up in her face and call her a "scumbag", completely unprovoked. He was lucky he didn't get spat upon by me, or punched by her.

you know, rhett, you and your wife get berated by strangers on a consistent basis it seems. did you ever wonder why?

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 03:20:00 pm »
  You want to see loser white people, just go to San Fran.

and dont forget about all those awful gays!!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by general grievous:
 Portland sure has a lot going for it though.
Doesn't it lead the nation in heroin overdoses? [/b]
you know whats funny.  just last week, someone told me that Baltimore had the most heroin overdoses.  and then just yesterday, when i was talking of moving to Miami, someone said "Miami has the most heroin overdoses in the country"

is there a big tie at the top of the leaderboard here or what? [/b]
i've always heard baltimore referred to as the "heroin capital" of the country
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  i've always heard baltimore referred to as the "heroin capital" of the country
maybe we just dont overdose that often!

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 03:51:00 pm »
Jealousy, best I can figure. The women are jealous of my wife's beauty, the men jealous that I have a beautiful wife.

One guy in SF walked up to me and asked "How you get a girl like that?" My wife replied "Because he's a nice guy." I told her she should have said, "Because he's white."

My wife had some unwashed homeless addict get up in her face and call her a "scumbag", completely unprovoked. He was lucky he didn't get spat upon by me, or punched by her.

you know, rhett, you and your wife get berated by strangers on a consistent basis it seems. did you ever wonder why? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 03:55:00 pm »
  Jealousy, best I can figure. The women are jealous of my wife's beauty, the men jealous that I have a beautiful wife.

thats pretty cool if you really believe that!

root

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 03:56:00 pm »
[/qb][/QUOTE]thats pretty cool if you really believe that! [/QB][/QUOTE]

"sonicteam"
 is that you Jared?

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
Plus, my wife is not one to back down from people giving her shit, and has a low tolerance level for what she considers someone (including me) giving her shit.

thats pretty cool if you really believe that! [/b]

Sir HC

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

It's a good thing that's not happening in DC, LA, NY, Chicago, or any other big city in America. [/b]
Two friends in the SF area:

1.  1200 sq foot condo near Japantown.  $710,000.
 2.  Looking at places in Marin.  1350 sq ft.  $1,100,000.

Nothing comes close to that here that I see.

ggw

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
Congrats to Charm City!!

The metropolitan areas with the highest rates of heroin/morphine-related ME deaths in 1999 were Baltimore, Portland, Salt Lake City, and Boston.

http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs07/716/heroin.htm