Author Topic: Bands Reuniting....  (Read 8213 times)

mankie

Re: Bands Reuniting....
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2004, 12:46:00 pm »
They getting the original line-up of Squeeze together!!!!  :eek:  

Even Jools Holland?

That I have to see.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2004, 12:52:00 pm »
i'm diggin the series so far, i dig how ordinary many of the people are at the time of the reunion.

fav so far is the romeo void, you can still sense the bitterness over being dumped because they didn't project the right mtv image.   but, they have all moved on.  the sax players story was so refreshing.   they did cheat a little on this one because they didn't find the orginial drummer...

the flock of haircuts episode was better than i thought... although mike score is sounding a bit too gruff these days, to make me ever want to see the touring version of the band.

the berlin episode was a bit to tabloid for me
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2004, 01:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  They getting the original line-up of Squeeze together!!!!   :eek:  

Even Jools Holland?

That I have to see.
i saw squeeze a few years ago when jools's brother was sitting in on keyboards, it was a bit creepy...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2004, 01:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  They getting the original line-up of Squeeze together!!!!   :eek:  

Even Jools Holland?

That I have to see.
January 30 on VH1, check local listings, but it's on either on at 7 or 10 on the East Coast (I forget which channels I have east coast feeds for on DirecTV).
27>34

Sir HC

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2004, 06:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  It was worth it just to see how hot Terri Nunn is looking at, what is she 50?  Did anybody else see that?  I think she looks better than I saw Berlin in 83.  Damn, it's no secret that I like them young, but I'd do Terri Nunn in a heart beat.  And the best part is they didn't play "Take my Breath Away."

And as far as all of the discussion of who's together and who's not these days, the schtick of the show is that they're trying to get the ORIGINAL lineup's back together, and it's not so easy.  The original line-up for BErlin hadn't played together since they were recording their second album and Flock - well just watch it and see how easy that was.

Lastly, if you ask what the hell is Dramarama doing on this show, you're clearly not from LA because people in LA have been asking for a reunion show for years.
Terri Nunn of Berlin: At 42 years old, she is BY FAR the most gracefully-aged rocker featured on VH1's 'Band's Reunited'.

mankie

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2004, 06:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Lastly, if you ask what the hell is Dramarama doing on this show, you're clearly not from LA because people in LA have been asking for a reunion show for years.
I always thought they were underrated.  Last Cigarette got some play.  The Earth Day song got some play too, but I thought that was the worst song on Vinyl. [/b]
A great, great band...it's a crying shame that shite like Wilco make it big and real talent like Dramarama can't get a break.

Bags

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2004, 06:42:00 pm »
I haven't seen any of the episodes except for snippets of Berlin (I'm taping them all at once on Saturday), but I'm looking forward to it!  I loved Dramarama in the day...It's all good.

Bags

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2004, 11:59:00 pm »
So I'm watching the Klymaxx episode, which is cool because the band is fighting over rights to the name.  BUT, even seeing it, I don't know who the hell they are.  I  have never heard these songs...  They sound vaguely familiar, but they sound like other songs.  Other songs I didn't know the names of either.

Ha, the promo to Frankie Goes to Hollywood is fun.  "The friction forced the band to go down...in flames" -- ha, he said "go down."    :p

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
thumbs up on the frankie reunion show.  paul rutherford is listed as being a free spirit  :D
T.Rex

markie

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2004, 03:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  thumbs up on the frankie reunion show.  paul rutherford is listed as being a free spirit   :cool:  

Wasn't Holly Johnson in Frankie? Isnt he dead now?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2004, 03:20:00 pm »
nope alive and well, working as an artist in london....
T.Rex

Dandy01

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2004, 04:39:00 pm »
it's weird, I also had heard he died of AIDS, and then there he is.

Jaguär

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2004, 09:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
I heard that too.

Now, if Klaus Naumi (I have no fucking clue how to spell his last name) comes back, I'm going to swear they're picking 'em up from the graveyard.

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2004, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dandy01:
He was diagnosed as HIV Positive, though I don't think it ever went to full blown AIDS, and no he isn't dead.
27>34

hitman

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2004, 02:34:00 am »
 [qb] It was worth it just to see how hot Terri Nunn is looking at, what is she 50?  Did anybody else see that?  I think she looks better than I saw Berlin in 83.  Damn, it's no secret that I like them young, but I'd do Terri Nunn in a heart beat.  

Yeah, she looked hot!  I looked over at my wife and made a PC comment like, "she holds her age well!"