Author Topic: fm radio doesn't have to suck  (Read 1409 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
fm radio doesn't have to suck
« on: June 19, 2005, 09:32:00 pm »
Spent the week at the beach up in Delaware and there's a new station in O.C. that I really really wish was down here.  It's 98.1 if you're up that way.

Shit I heard:

Hendrix
 Cure
 Sabbath
 Smiths
 Clash
 Jesus Mary Chain (couldn't believe this one)
 Smiths
 Deep Purple
 Beatles
 Violent Femmes
 NY Dolls (!!!)

They play mostly 80's and early 90's "alternative" (but actually shit I'd want to hear) and late 60's and 70's hard rock.  A really fun station to listen to.

Thought I'd share.

Dr. Anton Phibes

Re: fm radio doesn't have to suck
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 11:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fine French Chaz:
  Spent the week at the beach up in Delaware and there's a new station in O.C. that I really really wish was down here.  It's 98.1 if you're up that way.

Shit I heard:

Hendrix
 Cure
 Sabbath
 Smiths
 Clash
 Jesus Mary Chain (couldn't believe this one)
 Smiths
 Deep Purple
 Beatles
 Violent Femmes
 NY Dolls (!!!)

They play mostly 80's and early 90's "alternative" (but actually shit I'd want to hear) and late 60's and 70's hard rock.  A really fun station to listen to.

Thought I'd share.
>>It's been down there for a few years now......I've caught quite a bit of the Grateful Dead and a lot of jam bands,but also some pretty cool shit make sit on the D.J.'s playlist......I think the station is underwritten by Seacrets nightclub or something like that......

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 12:39:00 pm »
  in O.C.  
Seriously, this has to stop.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
this is the orginial o.c. founded 1875.. now them sum old school pirates and schallewags
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  this is the orginial o.c. founded 1875.. now them sum old school pirates and schallewags
That would explain why every time I visit Ocean City I witness a dance off for a can of Schlitz by two guys who look like Vanilla Ice.

Fair enough.  I will only correct those who inappropriately use "The O.C."
27>34

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »
sirius radio exists for a reason.  there is no need to live in a certain area.  

i can't believe that vanilla ice actually won that evening on that crazy "hit me baby one more time" show.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:

i can't believe that vanilla ice actually won that evening on that crazy "hit me baby one more time" show.
When driving through Dewey Beach we passed by the Bottle and Cork and whose name was on the marquee advertising an upcoming show?????  Vanilla Ice....

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 02:55:00 pm »

When driving through Dewey Beach we passed by the Bottle and Cork and whose name was on the marquee advertising an upcoming show?????  Vanilla Ice.... [/b]
not that this will be a bad thing, but i think that guy will single handily bring down rap music once and for all.  like what poison did to metal, he will do for that overrated form of entertainment.  vanilla ice belongs in the old navy ads of hip hop.  i hope mike jones eats him with those ridiculous teeth of his.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
 not that this will be a bad thing, but i think that guy will single handily bring down rap music once and for all.  like what poison did to metal, he will do for that overrated form of entertainment.  
what?

did you write this in 1991?

how will vanilla ice now have any impact at all on any form of music?
(o|o)