Author Topic: Hey, Mark E. Smith  (Read 1529 times)

mankie

Hey, Mark E. Smith
« on: January 22, 2004, 11:24:00 am »
You may want to change your user name....after reading about him in the Shane MacGowan book I doubt you in particular would want to be associated with such a person.

poorlulu

Re: Hey, Mark E. Smith
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 11:26:00 am »
ooh do tell mankie.............

markie

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 11:26:00 am »
I think that is the point, the guy is a complete nut. He beat his wife up too.

poorlulu

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 11:30:00 am »
talking of beating up spouses smith e

do you not check your email anymore?

mankie

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 11:34:00 am »
okay, but remember...don't shoot the messenger.

Well, Shane MacGowan was doing an interview on telly with Nick Cave and Mark E. Smith. Shane said he was too drunk to say anything coherent and Nick Cave was being his usual thoughtful and respectable self...Shane greatly admires Nick Cave by the way, especially for his music.

Anyoldwho....Mark E. Smith made the comment, "I hate fucking pakis, and if you were brought up in Salford you'd hate fucking pakis too".....I laughed out loud because immediately thought of old markie and his new and improved user name.

That's all, what do you think his new user name will be?  ;)

markie

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 11:37:00 am »
And what did Elvis Costello say about Ray Charles? It is clear Mark E, likes getting a response. I have no idea how he really stands on the issue. I guess I will have to look it up now.

thirsty moore

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
Hear, hear!  I think Cave is cool as all get out.

Originally posted by mankie:
 Shane said he was too drunk to say anything coherent and Nick Cave was being his usual thoughtful and respectable self...Shane greatly admires Nick Cave by the way, especially for his music.

ggw

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 11:46:00 am »
 Anyoldwho....Mark E. Smith made the comment, "I hate fucking pakis, and if you were brought up in Salford you'd hate fucking pakis too".....
Apparently it is Mankie who should be using the "mark e. smith" nom de plume.

ratioci nation

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:

agreed

mankie

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 11:52:00 am »

Shane said he was too drunk to say anything coherent and Nick Cave was being his usual thoughtful and respectable self...Shane greatly admires Nick Cave by the way, especially for his music.
[/b]
Mr. MacGowan said Nick Cave is about the only song writer apart from himself, who hasn't kissed the arses of the record companies and still goes on stage, sings what the hell he wants and how the hell he wants to sing it...money is of no importance to him. Shane said Bowie is also a hero because he beat the record companies at their own game....needless to say, Shane - not a fan of record companies!

It's a great book actually.

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2004, 11:55:00 am »
I remember being in London in the summer of 89. It was the day after i had lost my glasses in the pit at the Butthole Surfer show, and I couldn't see a thing, but i was walking around my London neighborhood anyway. I saw a big long line of people, and assumed they were in line to catch busses to the Reading Festival, judging by the punk-rawk way many of them were dressed.

Some closer snooping led me to discover that they were actually in a long line for a Nick Cave book signing. I ran home, grabbed my camera, and snapped a couple of photos.

mankie

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 12:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Anyoldwho....Mark E. Smith made the comment, "I hate fucking pakis, and if you were brought up in Salford you'd hate fucking pakis too".....
Apparently it is Mankie who should be using the "mark e. smith" nom de plume. [/b]
I take great offense to that comment. I never have, or ever will...live in Salford!

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 12:07:00 pm »
So they're the only two who don't kiss record company arse, eh?

I thought you said Bowie was like that.

Are you saying Shane is wrong?

[/b]
Mr. MacGowan said Nick Cave is about the only song writer apart from himself, who hasn't kissed the arses of the record companies and still goes on stage, sings what the hell he wants and how the hell he wants to sing it...money is of no importance to him. Shane said Bowie is also a hero because he beat the record companies at their own game....needless to say, Shane - not a fan of record companies!

It's a great book actually. [/b]

mankie

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 12:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mr. Unctuous:
 [QB] So they're the only two who don't kiss record company arse, eh?

I thought you said Bowie was like that.

Are you saying Shane is wrong?

Try reading it to yourself out loud...you might be able to understand it better, that's what I used to do with Kathleen when she was five years old.

And it's Shane MacGowans opinion not mine...but even so, Bowie did one better than not kiss-arses....he screwed them right back.

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 12:23:00 pm »
So you were charming your wife with tender tales of Mr. Bowie, Mr. Shane, and Mr. Cave even at the young age of five? That's touching.

Try reading it to yourself out loud...you might be able to understand it better, that's what I used to do with Kathleen when she was five years old.

And it's Shane MacGowans opinion not mine...but even so, Bowie did one better than not kiss-arses....he screwed them right back. [/QB]