Author Topic: Go Home  (Read 2971 times)

vansmack

Go Home
« on: January 27, 2004, 02:27:00 pm »
Federal Employees Cleared To Leave Early With another winter blast on the way, the Federal Government is letting Washington-area workers go home early, but that could strain commuter systems like Metro and VRE.

<http://treets.nbc4.com/svc/lnk.cfm?l=30809189&t=1>

Ahh, some things never change about DC.
27>34

Re: Go Home
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 02:35:00 pm »
Oh joy. They're sending me home to my cold apartment that has been without heat for the last two weeks in spite of the four figure rent cost.

No fucking way. I'm staying right here with my fast computer and my chatboard buddies who all love me so much.

mankie

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mr. Unctuous:
  Oh joy. They're sending me home to my cold apartment that has been without heat for the last two weeks in spite of the four figure rent cost.

Life in the big city you urbanite...can't wait to get home to my suburban neighbourhood....I might get some dads to come outside and make snowmen for the kids with me and maybe pull Rory round on a sled.

;)

ggw

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 02:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Federal Employees Cleared To Leave Early With another winter blast on the way, the Federal Government is letting Washington-area workers go home early, but that could strain commuter systems like Metro and VRE.

Pussies.

On Sunday, it snowed 20+ inches in less than twenty-four hours in Utah. Gusts were 70+ mph; temps ranged from the single digits to -12F; visibility was about 20 feet.  The only problems they had were not enough parking spaces at Alta and Snowbird.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 02:53:00 pm »
They want to send me home to my apt which hasn't had heat in 2+ weeks despite my paying a 4 figure rent amount?

No thanks. I'm going to stay right here with my fast pc and online buddies!

mankie

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 02:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by vansmack:

Pussies.

On Sunday, it snowed 20+ inches in less than twenty-four hours in Utah. Gusts were 70+ mph; temps ranged from the single digits to -12F; visibility was about 20 feet.  The only problems they had were not enough parking spaces at Alta and Snowbird. [/b]
People went there because of the snow, so they could ski, which you tend to do on snow...what was your point?

mankie

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 02:58:00 pm »
  They want to send me home to my apt which hasn't had heat in 2+ weeks despite my paying a 4 figure rent amount?

Why not go home and spend the whole day and night having sex with your wife to stay warm. That's what Rhett and Celeste would do.

ggw

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
 People went there because of the snow, so they could ski, which you tend to do on snow...what was your point?
It's 5 minutes away from a city bigger than DC.

My point is that nobody freaked out.  The city buses were still running up the mountain. Here, because one inch of snow is on the way, we are shutting everything down.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 03:04:00 pm »
I'll have to see if my wife's employer is as kind enough to her as mine is to me in allowing me to leave early.

Why not go home and spend the whole day and night having sex with your wife to stay warm. That's what Rhett and Celeste would do. [/b]

mankie

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 03:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

It's 5 minutes away from a city bigger than DC.

My point is that nobody freaked out.  The city buses were still running up the mountain. Here, because one inch of snow is on the way, we are shutting everything down. [/b]
Oh, okay...although it's no secret that the DC area is a joke when it comes to inclement weather. I couldn't believe that channel 4 news was extended an extra hour today just to tell us that the ice never came last night!! What the hell is up with that?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 03:39:00 pm »
the place where i work is letting people out at 3. . .i'm not leaving because the damn lawyers still want me to do work.  i hate this place.
OU812

Dandy01

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 03:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
  the place where i work is letting people out at 3. . .i'm not leaving because the damn lawyers still want me to do work.  i hate this place.
welcome to the club, good thing I'm on the admin. end.

ratioci nation

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 04:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
my office is staying open even though the building is closing

markie

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 04:27:00 pm »
My place of employ said we could all leave a couple of hours early. I will be going soon.

Pollard has the worst bosses in the country? I am beginning to think he is the illegal worker........

Venerable Bede

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by pollard:
  my office is staying open even though the building is closing
our office was open the day after new years day, even though the building was closed.  turned out that the firm had set up a few meetings with clients who couldn't get into the building.
OU812