Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 3598 times)

Sage 703

The Dark Knight
« on: July 18, 2008, 03:19:00 am »
I didn't think it was possible for this movie to exceed my expectations.  It did.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 03:38:00 am »
i was absolutely blown away by that movie.  heath ledger needs to win a best actor ever award for his joker.

Epstein

• http://www.hit-dat.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 04:03:00 am »
the batman movie ive always wanted even when i saw batman in 89 at 7 i knew it still wasnt dark enough or scary enough

this is THE BATMAN MOVIE...this is not only the movie that other batmans will have to live up to, but comic book films in general will have to live up to

to make it music related...the dark knight is the pet sounds of comic book movies..

and ledger ...wow...just wow....you believe the joker can actually be real. It goes without saying he makes all other jokers seem like well...jokes. It's down right scary but at the same time you never ever want him to get caught.

I for one hope they (being the cast including the director) dont do a third one...there is no need. All those talks when you were a kid with your buddies about how rad it would be if they did a batman movie this way or that way have come true.
Kill the sound: <A HREF="Http://www.hit-dat.com" TARGET=_blank>http://Http://www.hit-dat.com[/url]

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 04:48:00 am »
A third Batman, in this franchise, would completely ruin Begins and TDK.

Ledger was absoluutely mind-blowing. I had to remind myself a few times that it was him. I had no idea what it was to immerse one's self in a role until I saw this. Officially the greatest comic book movies ever made, The best fucking Joker.

Everything was so perfect, all the character developtment. Bale was also brilliant, I'm glad we FINALLY got to see a REAL Joker and how he beats Batman down mentally which is what makes him his greatest enemy.

Absolutely amazing. 5 our of 5. no doubt.
‼‼?‼‼

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 06:44:00 am »
Wow, Jack Nicholson must be spinning in his grave right now.

What's that? He's not dead?....

What the hell was with the bucket list then?

NOT BASED ON A TRUE STORY?!?!

Haha, jokes over, haven't heard a bad review yet. CAN'T WAIT TO FINALLY SEE IT.

Oh, and trust me, Nolan won't go near another sequel unless he knows he can succeed The Dark Knight. He won't tell another story unless it's  worth being told. I saw it in an interview. He said he was focused on making an Empire Strikes Back or Godfather PT. II. In Nolan I trust.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 07:28:00 am »
Here's a question.  Is it important to see Batman Begins before you see The Dark Knight?  If so, I'll definitely rent BB first.

eros

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 08:12:00 am »
Going to try for a long lunch this afternoon for it.

Can't wait.
ʎɐʍou

Sage 703

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 08:30:00 am »
Originally posted by JonathanEH:
  Here's a question.  Is it important to see Batman Begins before you see The Dark Knight?  If so, I'll definitely rent BB first.
I wouldn't say important, but definitely worth doing.  Batman Begins is also great.

Sage 703

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 08:34:00 am »
We had the same discussion about a third movie.  Sentiment was mixed.  I think they could successfully pull it off, but they've upped the ante on the villain.  They would need a home run of an actor to play a home run of a role.  A dark, sinister Riddler, for example, could be pretty spectacular if done right.  They've also set it up pretty well, though I also felt like you could conclude the franchise when this movie ended.

I don't think I agree that a third movie would necessarily ruin this iteration of the franchise.  These are fantastic movies - a third wouldn't really impact them at all, in my mind.  The Dark Knight stands fairly independent of Batman Begins.

We also started asking - is this the best action movie ever made?  I think it might be.  Certainly on the short list.  Definitely the best Batman movie, almost definitely the best comic book movie...

Relaxer

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 09:26:00 am »
There have been a few negative reviews starting to trickle out. I know the New Yorker panned it, which got all the Hipinion lambs weeping in their emo shakes. But mostly it's been highly praised. Most criticisms say that the guy playing Harvey Dent is a dud, and some have panned Bale's performance. Heath's has been universally praised.

I'm not much for superhero flicks, but am hoping to check this one out on iMax. Probably wishful thinking.
oword

bellenseb

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 09:31:00 am »
I can't believe there were 3Am shows last night, anyone go?

Shadrach

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 11:26:00 am »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  i was absolutely blown away by that movie.  heath ledger needs to win a best actor ever award for his joker.
Really? Ever? As in there has never in the history of film been a better performance than that of Heath Ledger as Joker in this movie? Ever?

Sage 703

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Really? Ever? As in there has never in the history of film been a better performance than that of Heath Ledger as Joker in this movie? Ever? [/b]
I'd put it in the running for one of my favorite performances ever, yes.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 11:44:00 am »
so Udvar-Hazy is still the only theater showing it in Imax?  dammit.  i really want to see this on the big big screen.

might have to shlep down to philly this weekend.

EDIT: cancel that last plan.  it's sold out, obviously.  do i hold out for imax, or deal with the medium-sized screen?
<sig>

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Really? Ever? As in there has never in the history of film been a better performance than that of Heath Ledger as Joker in this movie? Ever? [/b]
maybe some slight hyperbole, but i'd definitely put it up there in the top list of performances i've seen in film, yes.