Author Topic: Fallout Boy/New Found Glory-Jan 17  (Read 3419 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Fallout Boy/New Found Glory-Jan 17
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 03:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Well it seems to be standard operating procedure for bands like Fallout Boy to do a club tour around the time their record comes out in over to produce maximum hype.  By playing small venues and shutting out lots of fans it ensures there will be pent up demand for their next area appearance in a larger venue.  
somehow, i find this practice to nauseate me, it has for years.  
   as i consumer, i find it frustrating when i see evidence someone toying with my emotions!

(note: in this particular case, i am not the one being toyed with)

kurtgercke

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 08:44:00 pm »
FALL OUT BOY

hahaha, who would see them

imaginarycolors

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 09:30:00 pm »
I'm not surprised Fall Out Boy is possibly coming to 9:30, all part of the promotional machine plus i'm sure more bands need to tour more and often cause who's buying CDs anymore? I know i've bought less than 10, maybe even less than 5. It does also seem like more acts you think would play an arena have been playing 9:30. I sure didn't expect to see Audioslave at 9:30 nor Justin Timberlake but it happens.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 10:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by imaginarycolors:
 i'm sure more bands need to tour more and often cause who's buying CDs anymore? I know i've bought less than 10, maybe even less than 5.
fascinating case study
(o|o)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 10:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by surfboy:
  Wow how quick do you think this show will sell out!
about as fast as you can say "emo is punk"
‼‼?‼‼

chokeychicken

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 10:43:00 pm »
i don't know about that.  fall out boy has lost a LOT of steam over the last 6-8 months.  they are playing a show with cobra starship and new found glory as part of a huge radio christmas show in detroit at the state theatre (cap: 1950) and it STILL hasn't sold out and it has been on sale for almost a month and the show is in like a week.  bands like panic! have really overshadowed fall out boy.  i dont think this show is going to sell out as fast as everybody thinks it is.

blinksaar

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 10:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by chokeychicken:
  i don't know about that.  fall out boy has lost a LOT of steam over the last 6-8 months.  they are playing a show with cobra starship and new found glory as part of a huge radio christmas show in detroit at the state theatre (cap: 1950) and it STILL hasn't sold out and it has been on sale for almost a month and the show is in like a week.  bands like panic! have really overshadowed fall out boy.  i dont think this show is going to sell out as fast as everybody thinks it is.
i agree with you, wow, thats a first.

alex

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 05:35:00 pm »
might as well keep all of these at the top