Author Topic: Ggggrrrrr  (Read 2442 times)

Bags

Ggggrrrrr
« on: July 23, 2008, 11:25:00 am »
I don't know what's up with the 9:30 club emails.  I got them for years, and for the last 6 - 9 months, it's very spotty (more misses than arrivals).  I've re-signed up several times, and with two different email accounts to ensure it's not just a spam problem.

I missed the email on the Liz Phair presale, but luckily (or not if you're worried a presale will sell out lickety split), I googled "Liz Phair presale" and was led to a blog that had the password and link.  So thanks blogger for posting that info for the whole world.  [Argument over posting of presale passwords may now commence.]  

I got my four tickets and can rest easy, waiting until the next presale notification I miss!

hutch

Re: Ggggrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:46:00 am »
we'll be at liz phair too... glad to purchase the tickets..glad she's coming to dc on this tour...for a second i thought she wouldn't..she's been regularly hitting dc for a long time...

as far as the email blast...its probably a case of your email system blocking it.... it seems highly unlikely that you could sign up and somehow not be on the list of outgoing email (given the whole thing is surely automated!)...

i do get these at the very last minute late at night.. but i like that becaues i know there are many scalper assholes who wait for these with baited breath..

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »
There were a few weeks where it was spotty for me but I re-signed up with the same address and it's been fine since.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
Is she with a band or solo...solo might be too boring...
(_|_)

Bags

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
It's solo, but it's all of "Exile in Guyville," and that's it.

hutch

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 10:48:00 am »
i think this will be cool..

the question: did liz phair tour exile in guyville in dc? if she did where did she play? the old 9:30? the black cat?

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 12:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

It's solo, but it's all of "Exile in Guyville," and that's it. [/b]
When she played in NYC last month, she had a band with her. She played all of Exile in Guyville, then encored with Chopsticks, May Queen, Wild Thing, and Polyester Bride. It was all kinds of phenomenal.
Woof.

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

It's solo, but it's all of "Exile in Guyville," and that's it. [/b]
my experience with these bands that play one album in its entirety sets is that they play more than just that album.  usually some favourites come out when they are done with the main set.