Author Topic: Spiritualized Roll Call  (Read 4673 times)

Sir HC

Re: Spiritualized Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 02:09:00 am »
Setlist:

You lie you cheat
 Shine a light
 Cheapster
 Electricity
 Soul on fire
 Sweet talk
 Sitting on fire
 Walkin' with Jesus
 Oh Baby
 Rated X
 Lay back
 death take your fiddle
 She kissed me
 Come together
 Take me to the other side

Awesome, never seen Jason so animated.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 02:25:00 am »
Lay Back In the Sun was a fucking huge surprise...phenomenal show...

I was hoping they'd do "I Think I'm In Love" but oh well...still very very happy with the show   :D
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 09:26:00 am »
soooooooooooo gooooooooooooood
(_|_)

manimtired

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 10:39:00 am »
was hoping for "lord let it rain on me"...solid show

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 10:40:00 am »
Amazing show...f'ing great.

BookerT

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  I was hoping they'd do "I Think I'm In Love" but oh well...still very very happy with the show    :D  
yup to both. excellent show as you'd expect from someone who's been making this kind of music for 20+ years. he knows good drone and soaring chorus. also, this was one of those shows that was really made for the 930.

Samantha

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 02:22:00 pm »
I can't review that show without expletives.  Absolutely one of the best shows of my life.  Damn, anyone up for Philly?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »
One fantastic show! Right up my alley. I just love this kind of music.

My only minor complaint is that I would have preferred them without the back up singers. Or, at least, a whole lot less of them. Nothing against them as singers but I personally just didn't like it in with the mix of the music. Didn't mind the lower vowels ohs and ahs accompaniment but really would have preffered the music without the their louder portions. A friend of mine who had seen them elsewhere previously on this tour said the same thing. Now I fully understand why.

This was my 3rd Spiritualized show and have to say that Jason looked the best and healthiest I've ever seen him. Maybe he's cleaned himself up a bit.

Did anyone else think that the bass player looked a little bit like Beck?

The additional guitar player looked familiar to me but I don't know why. Does anyone know who he was? Only 2 of the other members where with Jason previously so that's not why he's familiar looking to me.

SPARX

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  One fantastic show! Right up my alley. I just love this kind of music.

My only minor complaint is that I would have preferred them without the back up singers. Or, at least, a whole lot less of them. Nothing against them as singers but I personally just didn't like it in with the mix of the music. Didn't mind the lower vowels ohs and ahs accompaniment but really would have preffered the music without the their louder portions. A friend of mine who had seen them elsewhere previously on this tour said the same thing. Now I fully understand why.

This was my 3rd Spiritualized show and have to say that Jason looked the best and healthiest I've ever seen him. Maybe he's cleaned himself up a bit.

The additional guitar player looked familiar to me but I don't know why. Does anyone know who he was? Only 2 of the other members where with Jason previously so that's not why he's familiar looking to me.
From last.fm:
 Retaining only keyboardist Thighpaulsandra (keyboards)a replacement for Kate Radley, Jason Pierce then debuted a new (and current) line up of Spiritualized, introducing classical percussionist Tom Edwards and former Julian Cope string arranger Martin Schellard on bass guitar. Completing the new Spiritualized line-up were guitarist Doggen of Brain Donor and the Julian Cope band, and drummer Kevin â??Kevlarâ?? Bales who is also ex-Julian Cope band. Ray Dickaty departed in 2003, quitting to play in the free-jazz solar fire trio. The remaining line-up finished recording the album Songs in A&E in Nottingham and London.

Sir HC

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 03:58:00 pm »
The guitarist has been on tour with Spiritualized before.  I remember that Jazzmaster.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  The guitarist has been on tour with Spiritualized before.  I remember that Jazzmaster.
Funny, just before the show, I was telling Azaghal how much I love that Jazzmaster. I've salivated over that exact one before. Same color and all. It's the very same one that Matt Bartram from Air Formation uses.

Maybe I have seen that guitartist with Spiritualized but seems I've seen him somewhere else. Oh, well. I know the guy on keyboards and the drummer were with Jason a couple years ago but the bass player was someone else; Martin Schellard, I think. Pretty sure his first name was Martin so I would suspect he may have recorded A+E while the Beck looking guy moved in for the tour. Or maybe they are both named Martin.

Surprised how many Julian Cope members are working with the band. I was just mentioning to someone the other day while at a party that I thought that Julian Cope's music is one of the ones from the Prog period that still holds up really well now. Love that guy's music!

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:

My wife said the same thing.

i loved the show, she didnt so much but you cant please everything.  I dont think the new disc is the best but the new stuff sounded so good.

Yada

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2008, 09:26:00 pm »
I've already punched myself in the junx about five times for being out of town for this show.

The last time they were at the club was a top five show of my life.

;0(

Sir HC

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2008, 10:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Yada:
  I've already punched myself in the junx about five times for being out of town for this show.

;0(
Which time?

Yada

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 12:13:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

Originally posted by Yada:

;0(
Which time? [/b]
Pretty sure it was May/June of 03'.

Can't remember exactly.