Author Topic: Manchester United  (Read 1334 times)

mankie

Manchester United
« on: May 28, 2004, 01:43:00 pm »
Hey smackie!

What do you think of the Smith deal?

Who's this fullback "Heinze" we're close to signing...don't know much about him other than he's from Argentina with a German passport!  :confused:  

This is just the beginning of the spending and selling, wait till next year my friend.

freddyadu

Re: Manchester United
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 02:00:00 pm »
I'll play there some day.

Timmay!

Barcelona

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:59:00 pm »
Heinze is a very decent defender from Argentina. I believe he was playing now at Paris Saint Germain and before that he played in Spain and Portugal. I think he plays in Argentina's national team.

We are behind Trezeguet and are trying to keep Davids, to me one of the top 5 players in Europe. Apparently, we just got Giuly of Monaco, not sure about him.

mankie

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by freddyadu:
  I'll play there some day.

Timmay!
Only if Manchester United put a ladies team together.

mankie

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 03:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Heinze is a very decent defender from Argentina. I believe he was playing now at Paris Saint Germain and before that he played in Spain and Portugal. I think he plays in Argentina's national team.

We are behind Trezeguet and are trying to keep Davids, to me one of the top 5 players in Europe. Apparently, we just got Giuly of Monaco, not sure about him.
Yes, he was bought from PSG. Playing in Spain and Portugal will only help United in the Champions League, but how do you play for Argentina with a German passport? I don't understand the rules for representing your country....Isn't Kluivert with Barca at the moment? Looks like he's on his way to Middlesborough. I know you must be looking forward to next season with Barca on the up and Madrid struggling.

Barcelona

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 03:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:

Yes, he was bought from PSG. Playing in Spain and Portugal will only help United in the Champions League, but how do you play for Argentina with a German passport? I don't understand the rules for representing your country....Isn't Kluivert with Barca at the moment? Looks like he's on his way to Middlesborough. I know you must be looking forward to next season with Barca on the up and Madrid struggling. [/b]
There are lots of players in this situation. Barcelona has now an Argentinean (Saviola) and a Brazillian (Belleti) who play for those national teams but have an italian passport as well and play as European players for Barcelona. I believe most teams are now doing this in order to have as many players as possible from Latin America and Africa playing as Europeans.

Kluivert is very irregular and it looks like we are going after Trezeguet (again,he is an Argentenean with a French passport) or Luis Fabiano from Sao Paulo. I think Kluivert could still play in any big team in Europe.

Madrid just fired Fergusson's assistant and got a good Spanish coach. I am afraid Madrid will have a very good team next year.

Yesterday there were articles in the spanish press about a problem involving Alex Fergusson and his son and some issue of commissions on foreign players in Manchester United.

mankie

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 03:40:00 pm »

Yesterday there were articles in the spanish press about a problem involving Alex Fergusson and his son and some issue of commissions on foreign players in Manchester United. [/b]
I think it's all over nothing, well nothing other teams don't do anyway.

It will always raise eyebrows when family are involved though, you'd think they'd be smarter than that to even put themselves in such asituation, even if nothing shady is going on.

bungle bud

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 04:32:00 pm »
dont forget the big game on saturday
 CRYSTAL PALACE v WEST HAM
 it should be a cracker, $20 on pay per view 10am kick off.

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 05:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:
  Hey smackie!

What do you think of the Smith deal?

Who's this fullback "Heinze" we're close to signing...don't know much about him other than he's from Argentina with a German passport!   :confused:  

This is just the beginning of the spending and selling, wait till next year my friend.
Sorry Mank, I had a meeting with a smoking hot Oz!  Anyhow, I asked you about this in the runny-kicky post.  Forlan is clearly gone, but what of Ole Gunnar?  Is he gone too?  And can Smith play mid-field, because he'll have to play the middle next to Scholes most of the time for playing time.

As far as Heinze, I only caught his UEFA action (I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch the French League!), but I hear he's a pretty good defender.  Anything is better than this years defense.  

And I'm gonna miss Danny Pugh.  I wish he would have stayed the course, but I think the Ronaldo singing pretty much spelled his future.
27>34